F30

The ULTIMAT3 - F30 BMW 328i Sportline (Alpine White/Coral Red)

Not every drive has to be a serious exercise in proper form and the perfect cornering line. Sometimes, when the weather's good and the traffic's barely there, lean back and enjoy a Sunday morning Cruise ;)

post-8809-0-69974400-1373261879_thumb.jp

^ On the Eastern Freeway :)

Nice car! And the colour also looks good! In delhi we have got many 328i in white colour! In fact the first f30 i saw in india was a white 328i. One question - do you use normal petrol or have to use high octane fuel? And u sholud be careful in rainy season as it may get a hydroatatic lock and you may get in trouble

I one thing I adore about the 328i is the bold ALLOYS (and the 2lt nuke). I am looking for similar design in 16 inch for my ride but have so far been unlucky (100PCD 4 holes is rare in 16). Last I heard that there are no more 328i allocated for India for 2013

The freeway is the second best smooth tarmac I have driven on ever (1st is NE-1). Do watch out for the unexpected puddles on the freeway though!

What a great road to drive in rains.

Indeed ! Best bit is no toll on the freeway :D

Nice car! And the colour also looks good! In delhi we have got many 328i in white colour! In fact the first f30 i saw in india was a white 328i. One question - do you use normal petrol or have to use high octane fuel? And u sholud be careful in rainy season as it may get a hydroatatic lock and you may get in trouble

Thanks Prashant !

I use normal fuel, as the engine is compatible with 91 RON :)

I one thing I adore about the 328i is the bold ALLOYS (and the 2lt nuke). I am looking for similar design in 16 inch for my ride but have so far been unlucky (100PCD 4 holes is rare in 16). Last I heard that there are no more 328i allocated for India for 2013

The freeway is the second best smooth tarmac I have driven on ever (1st is NE-1). Do watch out for the unexpected puddles on the freeway though!

Hey,

Thanks man, i agree with you the alloys are the USP in the looks department for the 328.

Regarding 100 pcd alloys, which car are you talking about ?

You should atleast go for speed 93 as it is easily available and it will be better to your car is normal petrol has 87ron value

The regular fuel in India is 89-91 Octane.

Car can & is running on regular fuel without any problems.

In fact even the M5 is designed to run on regular fuel :)

Nice review F30. Driving on the eastern Freeway and also when raining might be full of joy. :) :) :)

lxtreme, driving in rain can hydrostatic lock his car and F30 I asked a petrol pump owner and he told me that the normal fuel is 87 and the speed one was 93

Nice review F30. Driving on the eastern Freeway and also when raining might be full of joy. :) :) :)

Hey Ixtreme,

Thanks man, appreciate your comments :)

but still f30 u should try 93 and notice the difference in mileage and performance :)

Have tanked up on Speed 97 before & there indeed is a noticeable gain in refinement & performance.

97 costs around rs100 in Delhi. how much is its cost in Mumbai?

When i had tanked up the cost was about Rs 92/litre.

Now im not sure but should be about 102/Litre

Prashantroxx, The car can run on 89-91 Octane. And I had researched a bit a bout it and found that the BMW 328i can run on it. :P

Yes it can & to clear the confusion, here's a screenshot from the cars manual in the i-drive;

post-8809-0-49023600-1381300450_thumb.jp

Recently i upgraded my BMW 328i with the STEINBAUER Power module.

The installation was plug and play and took about 15 mins. Steinbauer box & wiring / cable were of really high quality thumbs%20up.gif 
The Dyno Runs were done at KS Motorsports, Mumbai & the Dyno reading was as follows; 

The stock car with Intake & Exhaust at the dyno got 222 WHP. 
So considering drivetrain loss with a modern ZF Gearbox of aprox 16%, we get aprox 257 hp at the Crank. 

After Installation the dyno run read 268.4 WHP which translates to 312 HP at the crank. 

The overlay chart looks as follows;

Overlay.png

Total Gains were 46 HP in power & 55 NM of torque. 
All this on Regular fuel (91 Octane) 
Considering the above gains & installation time, We added 3 HP every Minute:D

On 2017-3-11 at 10:24 PM, vikky1971 said:

Great video and improved roaring sound of the engine at the garage was clearly audible and it was awesome. Keep it up!

Thanks vikky !