Sign in to follow this  
AMG1

Spy pics: Mercedes' baby-CLS ready to roll

Mercedes’ new baby-CLS, which will could be called the CLA, has been for the first time caught completely undisguised.

This new car is based on the Mercedes Concept Style Coupe (CSC) which was unveiled earlier this year at the Beijing motor show; it is tipped to go into production in 2013. It evolves the look of the F800 concept from 2010, which has led the way for Mercedes' latest design direction.

post-4747-0-56224500-1347526825_thumb.jppost-4747-0-71960400-1347526857_thumb.jp

The new CLA uses Mercedes' new MFA platform and has been seen so far on the A-class and B-class. Also planned to come off this platform is a small SUV called GLC, and a shooting brake version of the CLA.

Power is said to come from the same turbocharged 2.0-litre petrol engine that appeared in the new A-Class at the Geneva motor show in March. It produces 208bhp.

Source: http://www.spiegel.d...d-a-855323.html

post-4747-0-57046300-1347526895_thumb.jp

The profile definitely is reminiscent of the CLS, but when built around such a small package, might mean headroom and shoulder room issues for the rear passengers.

The overall outcome though is fantastic. If Mercedes wants to sell this baby in India, it will have to come with a blockbuster price tag, to steal away BMW/Audi fans.

I like the front but the rear looks a bit weird in my opinion. If this comes to India I wonder where Mercedes will slot this car. BMW and Audi are way ahead of Merc right now in India and this has to br really special to bring in the buyers.

The front and rear styling, like the CLS looks disconnected to me. If Merc really wants to sell this in India, they must bring it with onl y a diesel powered version and price it below Rs 30 lakh.

I am sure by the time this comes to India, Audi will have the A3 saloon ready too.