dr_nishu

Honda Brio Automatic: Spy Pics

post-7692-0-40338800-1348630419_thumb.jp

A Gearheads.in member ‘Mr Ace’ has brought forward images of the Honda Brio Automatic caught in what appears to be a stockyard. Considering the AT box is caught on a model with alloys and fog lamps, there is a very good chance that it will be only offered on a top-of-line variant.

post-7692-0-57271800-1348630434_thumb.jp

The Honda Brio is already offered with a 4-speed CVT in Thailand and Indonesia. We are expecting the same unit to hit the Indian shores.

The Honda Brio AT will compete against the automatic variants of A Star and Hyundai i10. It will be priced at around Rs. 60,000 more than the manual version.

(Gearheads.in/IAB)

Excellent pics Dr. Nishu. If these pictures are from the stock yard, then the launch is not very far away. Maybe even a Dassera launch looks realistic. This is perfect city car. Small, automatic and a Honda. From the pictures it looks like the V variant. I hope Honda offers AT in the S as well

Brio AT: A Vehicle that makes sense.

Hats off to Honda for not giving up so easiy on Indian market even with aal ONLY PETROL models in portfolio.

Brio AT, City CNG, Jazz CNG etc are the outcomes of Honda's efforts to keep up the pace till 2014 when diesels will arrive.

Considering current sales, Honda is going to rock with arrival diesel for sure.

i feel if honda really wants to promote brio a/t sales in India, they must launch a brio s A/t or even an autobox in the base model. this will give honda price advantage.

Even maruti has launchd a/t in dzire vxi and not in zxi.

Great find doctor , an automatic always excites me.

The only way to promote AT is to price it not more than what a Diesel variant would costs and have it in all trim levels ,any deviation from this would drive the customers away.

Another way is to flood the market with the AT variants so that customers dont have to wait , poor sales figure are mostly atributed to non availability of a variant rather that its price. , my personal opinion

Doc saab, what a lovely find! As the market for Automatics is growing day by day, Honda has a good vision of bringing the automatic version. I'm not saying that it will sell in large numbers but thats a strategy to capture customers of that specific segment.

Yay !!!!!!!!!!! looking forward to test drive this little cutie.. but considering the current ex showroom price, if the AT of going to be 60K approx expensive then, doe sit still make it worth a buy?

What other upcoming small cars can be a alternative? I heard abut the VW Up on the horizon..

Good to see one more good car getting AT kit.

My elder son, who did some driving in US and came back to India last year, is

one potential customer for an AT car, like this car. He did not like i10-AT (or

even A-Star AT) for some reason or the other. I wish he probably likes this

and shall go for it (so that, I too can lay my hands on this AT during the

weekends when he comes to Tirupati).