cars4life

Volvo V40 Cross Country coming to India in 2013

Volvo has confirmed its new V40 Cross Country will make it to Indian shores by March 2013. This new contender in the premium crossover/soft-roader market will compete with the likes of the BMW X1 and Mercedes B-class. In my opinion it looks the best of the lot. I love Volvos a lot personally. This looks awesome

post-7828-0-26772800-1348832744.jpgpost-7828-0-30077000-1348832782.jpgpost-7828-0-21205600-1348832797.jpg

Full story here: http://www.autocarin...ndia-bound.aspx

Link to Paris Motor Show Gallery: http://www.autocarin...ew-gallery.aspx

It appears that it could be launched by end of June and around 22-25L.The 2L diesel engine with 150BHP looks reasonably powerfull.

Watch out X1 ,Q3 ,A-Class

I personally am in awe of this brand and want their products to be more affordable to succeed here.Hoping this changes their fortunes in india.

Looks good, this could well be the affordable Volvo if priced below Rs 30 lakh

Agree.

Perhaps this is the only one (if comes below 30L Mark & the segment) which looks better than A-class, Q3 or X1.

Volvo has launched the V40 Cross Country in India.

post-67-0-39916200-1371219150.jpg

The V40 Cross Country competes with the likes of the recently launched Mercedes A-class and compact luxury SUVs such as the BMW X1 and Audi Q3. Volvo has priced the V40 Cross Country at Rs 28.5 lakh ex-showroom Delhi, which squarely puts it against the above contenders.

The Volvo V40 is offered in only one variant which is loaded to the gills with equipment and the Swedish carmaker's trademark safety features. The V40 Cross Country's long list of safety equipment will include SIPS airbags, knee airbags and inflatable curtain airbags, start-stop technology, front seats with whiplash protection.

post-67-0-46484900-1371219148.jpg

Other features include a fixed panoramic sunroof, A/C with clean air filter technology, cruise control, leather seating surfaces with heated and power front seats with memory settings for the driver. More features include cruise control, rear parking camera and front and rear parking sensors.

For more on the Volvo V40 Cross Country, read our exclusive review and watch the video review.

-Autocar India

Moderators please check

I am getting information thats its launched at 28.5L in its Diesel Variant.

Not cheap by any standard and practically oit of league for many.Looks like an opportuinity lost ?