Sign in to follow this  
Rockstar29

Should Michael Schumacher have retired?

Schumi has been replaced by Lewis Hamilton at Mercedes for 2013. Now should he continue racing with smaller teams like Sauber? Should he retire after this season or move to a managerial role or join F1 administration.

Please pour in your comments.

@mods I could not find any topic for this discussion so opening a new topic. Merge or delete this topic if found inappropriate.

Well hes already announced his retirement after this season. Although I would have loved him to stay, I now feel he should not have come back with Mercedes in the first place. Hes most certainly not going out with a high this time. You could see the despair in his announcement. He was good as an advisor with Ferrari when he retired the first time. It should have stayed that way. However it would be nice to see him in a managerial role. Im sure he will be involved in F1 one way or the other.

Lets just be happy we got to witness the phenomenon in our lifetime.

He's had his highs, attained major peaks in his career & then there's time to make way for new talent. Nobody would mind if he stayed but its his call in the end.

That is true but he should've retire during his peak time. I hope this doesn't happen with our very own legend Sachin Tendulkar:( he must retire after a good run.

The problem with some legands is that they dont want to retire very soon. Some great sports person had said that you should retire at such a stage that everyone would ask why are you retiring and not at at a stage when everyone wants you to retire but you are balatantly continuing.

Michael should have stayed on a little while more since he was just finding his groove back. But its fine he left because it now means I can focus on studies now and not just stuck to the TV trying to get a glimpse of His Holiness Schumacher. ;)