Sign in to follow this  
mazinmahmood

very low mileage on ritz vdi max 15.5 kmpl

Hi All,

I am having trouble with my new Maruti Ritz Vdi. Currently it is at 15000 kms and it has never returned me mileage above 15.5 even on the highway... I have complained regarding this to all MASS but they simply try to convince me that the mileage is correct and dont do a proper checking.

The only thing they did was clean the air filter (which i have done myself many times) and loosen up the hand brake!! ?? they told me that a tight hand brake would slow down the vehicle and cause low mileage.

How i checked my mileage:

1. I used full tank to full tank method.

2. I travelled from Bangalore to ooty via the longer salem route during early morning. No traffic, perfect highway for most part. Drove at around a constant speed of 120-130 for most part upto avinashi, and then in and around ooty. Total Mileage returned 15.5 kmpl

3. Travelled from Ooty to Bangalore via mysore, maintained constant speed of 80kmpl and some Bangalore Domestic Driving. Mileage returned 15.5 kmpl

4. During my day to day traffic stop and go within bangalore city, mileage returned is around 12 kmpl.

Any idea why this is caused, anyone out there experienced the same, and please let me know a good service station who actually are not afraid of checking my car using some diagnostics.

@Prancing Horse: its a wonder why MASS didnt do/suggest this in the first place.

@Roomy : Does synthetic oil really make a difference? need to try this. is it possible to do this during a regular maruthi Service after my 20000kms service.

Not necessarily applicable to your case. But, in general, driving at 120 to 130 will certainly give

you less mileage. It is almost guaranteed. You need to drive between 70 to 80 to get the

maximum mileage. Anything more than that, you gain time at the cost of mileage.

The second major reason why mileage is relatively low is wrong tyre pressure.

Kindly use the recommended levels of tyre pressure to get the best out of the run.

A couple of minor reasons :

Driving with the windows open. Increases resistance. Hence, low mileage.

Carrying full tank fuel. Why carry the heavy diesel when you can get it on the way ?

Extra luggage, less mileage. Simple. Avoid fixing heavy bulky crash guards on all

sides of the car/vehicle, which will be a drag on the vehicle. Similarly, adding

luggage rack on the top increases the air resistance, hence less mileage.

These are some of the important issues which will have a bearing on the mileage.

I always get 17 to 18 kmpl on my Xylo, with both AC running all along. I drive very regularly

between Tirupati and Hyderabad/Nellore/Vijayawada. I am a careful driver.

Edited by rameshbabu.n

2. I travelled from Bangalore to ooty ......a constant speed of 120-130 for most part upto avinashi......... 15.5 kmpl

3. Travelled from Ooty to Bangalore via mysore, ........15.5 kmpl

4. During my day to day traffic stop and go within bangalore city, mileage returned is around 12 kmpl.

Boss, you are getting 12 in B2B traffic that too in Bangalore and 15.5 in ghat and you are complaining of it here.

You should be given i20 petrol for your daily commute, then you will praise Ritz.

Jokes apart, mileage depends on how you utilize the Turbo, air pressure on tyre, your tyre width, driving style, loads in your car.... etc. Your mileage seems to be ok for me. Do check your mileage again but not in Bangalore's B2B traffic or Ghat section.

Yeah.. speeds like 120-130 will sure not give you the desired fuel efficiency. Open windows, load in the car also add to it.

I do not know how much synthetic oil would help, its just about maintaining a steady speed in the 60-80 kmph range when cruising. Fewer gear shifts, and driving in manageable speeds wherein you wont have to use a lot of brakes and clutching.

My Swift (petrol) 4 years old now, using the regular Shell oil, returns ~16 kmpl with AC in city conditions. A couple of highway trips have also returned more than 18 kmpl too..

How you drive and how you maintain the car reflects on the fuel efficiency.

Apart from what every one else has already mentioned, try a different fuel station if you haven't already and there might be an off chance that your injectors are clogged. Also, driving style is the largest variable that determines FE. Try driving with a lighter foot and keep the car between 1500-2500 revs as much as possible.

Cheers

The gobindexpeller is a opposite flue steam boiler, three complete steam heater, tube design electric steam boiler. It gives immediate steam within 4 minutes from cold start. The losing level & the smoking cigarettes sections are absolutely designed, which assures that losing happens absolutely. It does not require any qualified heater employee. It is ideal for small & mid-sized vegetation, where regular pressure(10 Bar) steam is required. Designs can also be designed for higher requirements.