P_One

mallya: "we''ll be one-and-a-half seconds quicker"

well, at last it's official. fisichella will partner sutil in force india. tonio liuzzi will be the test and reserve driver.

all three drivers plus colin kolles and of course vijay mallya were present

at the gltizy launch in mumbai.

kolles also indicated that a third wind tunnel had been commmissioned, plus extensive work was on in the cfd (computational fluid dynamics) department.

mallya is being realistic about the team's prospects and is clear they're in it for the long haul, and is not expecting the team to be quick right out the box in australia. "we'll be one and a half seconds quicker, relative to where we were last year, but then the other teams will have made progress too, but i am clear that i want  a podium by the indian gp in 2010. if we get onto the podium before that, nothing like it."

let us know what you think of the first indian formula1 team in the history of the sport; the drivers, the tech team and anything else.

Mr.Mallya is a great man. I never ever thaught we would have a F1 team, dam its a great feeling.

Lost interest after shumi left but now will have to watch this season.

well, guess what, the force india car is definitely not going to be a back bencher. looks like the vjm01 should be looking to score points in melbourne, on the back of some great times during testing. 

with Mr. consistant fisichellain driving for Force India and also proving the reliability in Malasian GP we can definetly see some points gained in 2008 season. Cheers to Mallaya for his efforts to bring in a F1 team for india as well as efforts towards setting first ever F1 GP in India in couple of years.

Mallya is best man i hav ever seen in India...the syle, the lifestyle,the vision he has is just too good...there are many rich people here but he is totally different...and he resembles somewhat to Sir RICHARD BRANSON(Virgin atlantic)...They just live there life like anything...

@Aditya but Mallya will be doing some hardwork for this team..

He surely will. But as for podium positions, well Mallya himself said they'll looking at podium positions by around 2010. That's still a long way to go. Right now I'd be happy if they finish somewhere in the midfield instead of the tail end.

Well..I'm spewing heresay info here so I may be totally off... but..there was a proposal given to the owner's of ForceOne for a whole load of technical upgrades to be done.. and 75-80% of them were tossed out the window coz of "LACK OF FUNDS"..

In 2 race's if this is the case.. then you really think this team's going to suivive till India gets an F1 race?

Once again.. please do not jump down my throat.. I'm just saying what I heard.

Cheers.

Well..I'm spewing heresay info here so I may be totally off... but..there was a proposal given to the owner's of ForceOne for a whole load of technical upgrades to be done.. and 75-80% of them were tossed out the window coz of "LACK OF FUNDS"..

In 2 race's if this is the case.. then you really think this team's going to suivive till India gets an F1 race?

Once again.. please do not jump down my throat.. I'm just saying what I heard.

Cheers.

Well am not sure about the news that you mentioned (would be great if you could give some link to that), but I know for sure that Force India is not as cash strapped as the Super Aguris and is not 'extremely' short of funds right now. Maybe they did not have the additional funds for the upgrades(speculating here) but they have enough to last a while in F1 and I'm hoping that they would be around when F1 eventually comes to India.

even super agrui will hang around..they might tool about at the back of the grid, but they'll stay in F1. sato is a super popular driver, and the team too are the ultimate underdogs. i for one, love the team. and i love the way they go for it every race. but that's besides the point. F1 needs 22 cars at least. a team leaving F1 will be negative for the sport as a whole.