carnewbie

Please help me choose my First Car

Hi Guys,

I require your feedback and suggestion in choosing the best vehicle among the selected below. I had a look at almost all cars between the range of 5-7 Lakhs (OnRoad price) Petrol variant and have narrowed down to the below cars. Please suggest me a good one. As this would be my first vehicle and no prior experience in driving and choosing based on Test Drive, i would totally rely on your feedbacks and suggestion. Thanks in advance for helping me choose a good one.

Requirement: I am looking the car for my Parents (Mostly driven by Driver) and sometimes, when i am there I would take it for the drive. Hence, i am looking for the car which is

. More comfortable for my parents age

. Fuel Economy (Driving would be for about 50-60 Kms daily and mostly on Highways).

. As it is my First car, could like to have as much feature as possible

. Safety (ABS, Airbag) - Would you guys recommend these?

. Boot Space

Shortlisted Cars (Petrol):

. New Ritz - (Vxi or Zxi ?)

. New Dzire - (Vxi) - As Zxi falls outside my Budget.

. New i20 - (Sportz)

. Hyndai Accent Executive

. i10 GenNext (Magna or Sportz?)

. Indica Vista

Other cars seen:

. Ford Figo - Spacious but did not like much the Build quality.

. Tata Manza Club class - Only available in Diesel and above my budget

. Honda brio - Has very less Boot space.

. Swift - Seems very common and has 3 Months waiting period.

Thanks for taking your time and helping me making me a good decision.

Driving would be for about 50-60 Kms daily and mostly on Highways

Why don't you go for diesel variants and it also falls in your budget ?

I would suggest you to consider diesel option. You may get a good resale value + early payback on extra amount spent to buy diesel + light on your pocket.

. Safety (ABS, Airbag) - Would you guys recommend these?

For me safety comes 1st & ABS & Airbags are must!

If you are going to utilize the full amount then,try Nissan Sunny & Ford Fiesta Classic, there mid verients are also in budget! & also Try VW Polo, it's also a great machine!

In your shortlisted cars new I20 & Dezire makes more sense!

If you are planing to go for below, 5 lakhs Ford Figo makes more sense & you can have it's topend varient having decent gadgetory & as you have felt it's spacious too! I've personally checked all above vehicles last week in Times Drive Pune (It was like a small Auto Expo) & doesn't feel any quality problem with figo even after comapring with VW Polo! & plus it's build like tank when compared to Swift, etios or I20!

Edited by CarCrazyASTL

Why don't you go for diesel variants and it also falls in your budget ?

I would suggest you to consider diesel option. You may get a good resale value + early payback on extra amount spent to buy diesel + light on your pocket.

Thanks. But, as my running is not much I am preferring for petrol variant.

On Road Prices are as follows:

Swift Dzire - 668000 (Vxi), 774000(Zxi) & 804000 (Vdi)

New Ritz - 572000 (Vxi), 602000(Vxi+ABS), 654000 (Zxi), 688846(Vdi), 728000 (Vdi+ABS)

For me safety comes 1st & ABS & Airbags are must!

If you are going to utilize the full amount then,try Nissan Sunny & Ford Fiesta Classic, there mid verients are also in budget! & also Try VW Polo, it's also a great machine!

In your shortlisted cars new I20 & Dezire makes more sense!

If you are planing to go for below, 5 lakhs Ford Figo makes more sense & you can have it's topend varient having decent gadgetory & as you have felt it's spacious too! I've personally checked all above vehicles last week in Times Drive Pune (It was like a small Auto Expo) & doesn't feel any quality problem with figo even after comapring with VW Polo! & plus it's build like tank when compared to Swift, etios or I20!

Thanks. I checked the Fiesta Classic and Sunny. But, Sunnys Middle variant crosses my budget in Ex-Showroom price itself. Hence, i talked to the Fiest classic showroom for getting the onroad price for middle variant. It costs a whooping 7,85,000 On road. (A way above my max budget).

Thanks. I checked the Fiesta Classic and Sunny. But, Sunnys Middle variant crosses my budget in Ex-Showroom price itself. Hence, i talked to the Fiest classic showroom for getting the onroad price for middle variant. It costs a whooping 7,85,000 On road. (A way above my max budget).

Beforetwo years I've purchased Ford Fiesta SXI (1.6) petrol (Top End Model) @ 7,75,000 Rs. on road (Insurence & accecories worth 10k free); so I thought middle end version may be within your budget!

@carnewbie:

with a budget of 5 to 7 Lac and a running of 50 KM per day... you should pick a Diesel. Because.

If monthly running >= 1000 KM

50 x 20 = 1000 OR 50 * 25 = 1250.

Seocndly, looking at your needs. I would suggest...Close your eye and pick TATA Vista Quadrajet Vx.

It has bluetooth Audio with USB/Aux, Steering mounted controls, electronic side view mirrors, all 4 PW, PS, adjustable driver side lumber support, front and rear fog lamps, HVAC, and most importantly, ABS....which is a must to have highway driving feature.

FE wise...it will easily give you 20+ KMPL so no worries at all. And FIAT sourced 1.3 MJD is a gem.

On price front, it should come within 6L of onroad price in NCR.

However, if you want to go for Zx variant then it will come with front Airbags, Alloy wheels. That are the only two new stuff in Zx