Sign in to follow this  
cars4life

BMW launching 320i petrol in India

BMW is set to add another petrol model to give company to the 328i. The 320i petrol. This will be a base variant and can be yours for Rs. 28.5 lakhs (ex showroom Mumbai) which makes it Rs 8.5 lakhs cheaper than the 328i.

Some noteworthy points of the 320i petrol

• Simplified iDrive
  • The 8.8-inch widescreen infotainment display will be replaced with a smaller 6.5-inch screen
  • The audio system will include a single-CD player with Aux-in and USB capability and no in-car data storage
  • No reverse camera
  • Faux leather upholstery
  • 16" inch alloys

The 320i will be powered by a 2.0 litre 4 cylinder petrol motor with 181 bhp mated to an 8 speed gearbox with some tweaks to the ratios.

The 320i will rival the C200 CGI from Mercedes and the Audi A4 1.8 TFSI.

BMW is trying to acquire the space occupied by Audi A4. Audi A4 is a succes in this price bracket. But the biggest difference is Audi A4 comes at around 28 lakhs for the petrol version which has 1.8 litre engine and the Diesel one is priced around 29.3 to 30 lakhs and it has a heart of 2.0 litre engine.

So BMW has a slight advantage as it has 2.0 litre petrol engine pumping the power to its wheels as compared to 1.8 litre engine in the Audi. Cost cutting is present in 320i but BMW fans will have no objection as they are getting the mean machine at a much cheaper rate. :D:)

The earlier Corporate Edition was a big hit but that was a 320d . This entry level is a petrol but still not bad for someone who wants to join the Bavarian club. 181 bhp is not bad at all. And BMWs service packages are the best in the business. The 320i should do decent numbers.

Truly should be a great deal considering it will be a RWD turbo petrol, 0 - 100 aprox 7.5x sec

Even the pricing of 28.5 L * is sweet as against;

Mercedes C 200 BlueEfficiency Rs 32.13 L *

Audi A4 1.8 TFSI Rs 29.26 L *

* All prices ex-showroom Mumbai

A review of the 320i;

http://performancedrive.com.au/2012-...ne-f30-review/

Another performance video review of the 320i;