Shubham Sharma

Ownership review - New Ford Figo TDCI Titanium (Nov 2012)

I bought the new Ford Figo TDCI Titanium (Diesel) on 11th Nov 2012 (Dhanteras)

Been in love with it since the first drive I had in it.

DSC00981.JPG

As requested here is the review :-

I bought the new Ford Figo TDCI Titanium (Diesel) on 11th Nov 2012 (Dhanteras)

Been in love with it since the first drive I had in it.

Summary

Pros (With respect to my requirement) -

• Ride Quality
  • Leg Room (Now people can seat behind me and I don't have to push my seats in front)
  • Superb AC - the cooling setting on dash actually works with different degrees of coolness and hotness
  • Nice Comfy seats (drove several hours without fatigue)
  • Adjustable steering, driver seat height and electronic ORVMs (since my Dad also drives it )
  • No noticeable turbo-lag
  • Big Boot - 284L ( Big enough to fit a person in it , really !! )
  • Music System - Best factory fitted music system that I have heard in cars of this segment. (Will explain in detail later)
  • Great looking alloys
  • Grippy car even at high speeds (high speeds considering the cars in its segment :P ) 175/60 R14 Tyre
  • Aerodynamic

Cons

• No climate control (The cooling/heating dial makes up for it )
  • No rear power windows (cannot remember the last time I had to pull down the rear windows)

Scroll down for details and pics

:D

DSC01269.JPG The Almighty on new blue color dash-board

Under the Hood :-

DSC00976.JPG The muscle

DSC00978.JPG 1.4L Duratorq Diesel

The accelerator is very responsive, it allows you to easily switch between normal cruising and gradually accelerating drive. Or you can put your foot down and churn out all the power at once. The turbo kicks in around 2000 rpm without any noticeable lag.

Some cosmetic changes:-

These small changes really redefines the looks of this car in a very positive manner .

DSC00981.JPG The new hexagonal grill

DSC00985.JPG New head lamps

DSC00987.JPG New Fog - Lamps

DSC01008.JPG Blue fabric finish (same color as the original seats )

DSC01238.JPG New Y-Bar alloys (Disc breaks in Front)

DSC01240.JPG Rear drum breaks - Tyre 175/65 R14

Contd....

Part 2 of review :-

DSC00996.JPG Thats me wid my ride :D

The ride quality of this car is quiet astonishing, it absorbs all the uneven road and pot-holes quiet smoothly must be because of it weight and suspension. Even at fast speeds (140-150) it does not rattle neither gives you the feeling its going to tear its self apart, instead its very calm.

DSC01011.JPG Sun-visor mirror for the female passenger :P

DSC01013.JPG Fuel filler cap release and factory matting

DSC01019.JPG DSC01036.JPG I was not kidding about the boot space, You really can fit a person in it :P

DSC01018.JPG Diesel :)

DSC01271.JPG Rear defogger button on center console, tried it too and it works just fine.

DSC01275.JPG Great looking speedo

DSC01280.JPG The Center console

The factory fitted music system comes with four speaker fitted in doors. The sound quality is brillian,

dropped the idea of adding sub-woofer for some time now. the treble is very clear and bass is can make the doors and rear view mirrors vibrate.

The bluetooth enabled system works perfectly (call receiving dialing , phone-book BTA etc.)

Speed controlled volume also adds up to your adrenaline when you are accelerating at a faster pace B-)

The new version comes with USB port in the glove box.

DSC01287.JPG The pen-drive inside the glove-box

Part -3

DSC01282.JPG Aux-power

DSC01284.JPG 5-speed manual gear box (No auto version as yet) DSC01291.JPG Front lamps and fog lights switch DSC01292.JPG Boot lid opener - This would have been a nice place for a automatic start/stop button

DSC01298.JPGGot the black leather seat covers from the showroom

DSC01300.JPG Space in the doors to keep bottles

Have gone 1100 km in it till now, I will update more after I have done some trips in it

:D

Very good choise & nice review! The car is so good that when we are upgrading to 1.6 Fiesta SXI (old fiesta or classic) from our 1994 Maruti 800 (arround 2 years back), my father saw it in showroom & fell in love with her, as it's compact dimentions (compared to fiesta) & small petrol engine was more suitable with his driving experience & yet car was very stable, spacious & rich on features! Hope you'll have great time with your car!

Edited by CarCrazyASTL

Very good choise & nice review! The car is so good that when we are upgrading to 1.6 Fiesta SXI (old fiesta or classic) from our 1994 Maruti 800 (arround 2 years back), my father saw it in showroom & fell in love with her, as it's compact dimentions (compared to fiesta) & small petrol engine was more suitable with his driving experience & yet car was very stable, spacious & rich on features! Hope you'll have great time with your car!

Thanx a lot :) I too like its looks and features .

@Shubham, Figo is a very good choice. It's a VFM offering and i rate it among top 3 diesel B2 segment hatchbacks for it's practicality and no nonsense appeal.

Infact my Uncle had booked a white Figo TDCI Exi+ yesterday.

Since Ford was running midnight event so they got a deal which costed them 5.93 lacs OTR Delhi (actual OTR was around 6.31 lacs, discount of around 38k, 25k from Ford and rest from dealer side).

Exi+ had a package of around 40k added to Exi model which includes 4 Alloy wheels, rear power windows, reverse parking sensors, MP3 player with Bluetooth connectivity, fog lamps, body cover and 1-2 more items.

This made it almost at par or even above Zxi model which has additional tilt steering and rear defogger, minus alloys, rear power windows etc.

Wanted to know your views on the Ford A.S.S quality, costs etc?

Also, people have complained on it's under belly touching speed breakers due to low GC, longer wheelbase and soft suspension setup. How is your experience with it till now?

@Shubham, Figo is a very good choice. It's a VFM offering and i rate it among top 3 diesel B2 segment hatchbacks for it's practicality and no nonsense appeal.

Thanks a lot sachin, totally agree with you.

Infact my Uncle had booked a white Figo TDCI Exi+ yesterday.

Since Ford was running midnight event so they got a deal which costed them 5.93 lacs OTR Delhi (actual OTR was around 6.31 lacs, discount of around 38k, 25k from Ford and rest from dealer side).

That is a really nice deal you got. Congrts. :)

rear power windows etc.

Hey I didn't knew that we could get rear power windows, Can we add it after we have bought the car ??

Wanted to know your views on the Ford A.S.S quality, costs etc?

Also, people have complained on it's under belly touching speed breakers due to low GC, longer wheelbase and soft suspension setup. How is your experience with it till now?

About the Ford A.S.S I had asked a few of my friends who had figo for about 2 years and had good review from the. As far as ground clearance is concerned it is almost same as Swift (2mm less). The wheelbase is longer though (for the xtra leg room and boot space). I did hear a sound while going into steep potholes but that wasn't the under belly touching it was the mud guards. I cannot remember hearing that sound on speed breakers though .I keep my Tyre pressure at 36/40 (front/rear, with passengers). As mentioned in the manual. I believe you need to keep those pressure to avoid any body contact.

Hey I didn't knew that we could get rear power windows, Can we add it after we have bought the car ??

Yes, it's basically an after market kit and i think it costs around 7k for the rear doors. but it solves the purpose.

I keep my Tyre pressure at 36/40 (front/rear, with passengers). As mentioned in the manual. I believe you need to keep those pressure to avoid any body contact.

Is it? I find 36/40 ps tyre pressure a bit too much, have they changed this in manual recently??

Yes, it's basically an after market kit and i think it costs around 7k for the rear doors. but it solves the purpose.

Does it affect the warranty ? Is it done from a ford workshop ??

Is it? I find 36/40 ps tyre pressure a bit too much, have they changed this in manual recently??

this is laden air pressure . unladen is 31/31 I guess (I usually have people in the car hence I use the laden pressure :D )

Does it affect the warranty ? Is it done from a ford workshop ??

It's being fitted at the Ford dealer level itself. He confirmed to my uncle that it will not affect the warranty.

It's like when you get music system, reverse parking system etc installed from the dealer itself then they don't talk of any warranty issues.

However, if you would talk with any dealer and inform him that you are getting any electrical/electronic accessories installed from after market then they will surely give those same old comments that your warranty will lapse.

It's a ploy by these dealers to pressurize people into buying accessories from them.

But yes for a small thing as getting rear power windows which would have saved not more than 1-2k if installed from after market, for a new car it's better to get it done from the dealer so that they won't have any excuse left when it comes to warranty issues.