PrancingHorse

Renault to launch 4x4 Duster in India? EDIT: Pics of Duster 4x4 testing in Trivandrum

I have always loved the Duster for its macho and butch looks. And I think it has awesome street presence as well. But I always wished that it came with 4x4 to go with the looks. Looks like things might changed. Renault is looking to launch the 4x4 Duster in India next year in March. Renault apparently exports the Duster from India under the Dacia name. The 4x4 is said to come in only the 110 bhp avtaar and a 6 speed manual tranny. The 4×4 system on the Renault Duster is a selectable system with a knob on the dashboard, just below the AC controls, to the left of the gear lever, allowing the driver to switch between two-wheel drive (2WD), automatic four-wheel drive (where the Duster decides when to transfer power to the rear wheels depending on wheel slip and traction conditions) and 4×4 lock mode – where the Duster can be locked in 4×4 mode for off-road use on sand and snow.

Source: http://www.cartoq.com/renault-duster-4x4-likely-to-be-launched-in-march-2013/

Renault would like to fire all engines before Eco-Sport launch to try & take away whatever thunder it can manage. Pricing would be the key, hope they do not offer 4x4 in a variant priced above the top variant.

Well thats a good news, duster is already grabbing some heads out there, and the 4X4 will surely beat the hell out of all... I read a post somwhere and there was this comaprision betewenn XUV500 and Duster, and you know what duster came all the way down to the winning flag.

I like the way the Duster has been designed and the overall compactness, the only thing missing was 4x4 and here you have it.. Renault is seriously taking :D Indian market now.. :DB)

Renault India already manufactures & exports the 4x4 Duster's (under Dacia brand) for the UK market.

This launch decision of the 4x4 variant should really keep the buzz alive for Renault if launched on or after the Ecosport launch.

As said earlier its March, and what do you know here are pictures of the Duster 4x4 caught testing inTVM. Looks like the launch must be coming up soon... Note the 4WD badging on the right hand side next to the windshield.

post-7692-0-15553500-1363943183_thumb.jppost-7692-0-48843700-1363943190_thumb.jp

Pics credit: Team BHP

Hmm finally competition is heating up within this SUV and urban SUV segments. This looks to be very competitive price from duster with the features as it looks to be overpriced earlier. So will it gain market with that power and AWD