rohitshakti

Urgent Etios vs.Ford Classic vs. Sunny vs.Manza

I have a budget of 6 lakhs (max) & am looking for a Sedan car out of Etios vs.Ford Classic vs. Sunny vs.Manza club class. Pls tell which of these has better mileage, drivabiity & is best VFM car. My city drive is nearly 300 kms pm only and no highway drive. We are a family of 5 adults & 1 kid but we normally go only 4 persons in a car at a time. it is only once in 4-5 months that we all go together. I will keep the car for next 7 yrs or so.

Hi rohit

Welcom to the forum. Seeing your requirement I guess you want a petrol car. If you wanted a diesel I would have asked you to pick the Sunny but otherwise, I would say take a look at the Etios, Though it does not feel very premium, its a good car with a brilliant engine and FE too. On another note why not take a look at the Dzire petrol as well? Its a Maruti which will give you peace of mind and other positive Maruti traits. Just my 2 paise

Go for Maruti DZire VXi or ZXi Petrol, it's one

of the best car in its class with class leading

Power figures, Interiors & fuel efficiency.

Going with your listed choices strictly, I'd advise you to go for Ford Classic, if you really want to get the feeling from a car.

Next one is Sunny base petrol & the last one is Etios.

For further info on this topic, refer to this link:

Etios if you want to keep the car for a longer period and can live with decent interiors.

Manza if you need a huge boot and would be changing it in a few years.

Sunny if you need the widest interior space.

Dzire for peace of mind and the will to wait.

Classic if you want people to think you bought a second hand car even when it just came out of the showroom.

All views my very own .Test drive all before arriving at a decision.

In the budget you have, only petrol options are available to you.

Within that i think Sunny will not fit the budget.

So for me it's between Etios and Dzire. Check Etios G or Dzire Vxi variant.

If it's for space and city driveability then it's Etios otherwise it's Dzire.

Both should give me absolute peace of mind in long run.

As for FE, i have petrol Etios and it's giving me around 14 kmpl in city with AC.

Etios should be a blind buy :)

& if you dont mind looking into the pre-owned segment , do look at the used Civics & Accord they are going really cheap

as they are petrols & your running is pretty low too so i am sure you wouldnt mind.

Also a pre-owned sparingly used Altis ( petrol ) you can get for about 5-6 L

Hello, Go for Etios if you are not concerned about nice interiors and all. Its a good car but to keep up with the market Toyota has done some cost cutting in it. Engine is the main USP of this car as its reliable and durable.

If you Dont like the Etios, Then blindly go for Ford Classic, IT has all the geeky stuff with the best comfort.

Manza is a no-no from my side.

Sunny is a good option if you can extend your budget and that too for a diesel car...

Out of the choices you mentioned, I would say go with the Ford Classic as its the only car I feel which is not built to a specific budget. Dzire has a short boot and looks a bit weird, Etios is also built by keeping the low-cost nature in mind and sunny may not fit your budget. So out of all these you mentioned, I feel only the Ford Classic looks like a proper saloon which feels upmarket interior and exterior wise as well. Even after the two name changes that its got, from Fiesta, to Fiesta classic and now Ford classic, we still see a lot of Ford classics on the road, and that too in private segment and not in taxi segment. This shows that the car still has a lot of potential in diesel as well as petrol options and will soldier for a long time. You can also ask for big year end discounts from Ford as you are going for a petrol model and also as i said, 2012 has almost ended.

Toyota Etios possesses an awesome engine with Toyota reliability. Ride quality is very poor and cheap interiors disappoints. Moreover it has become a good choice for taxi operators.You will not find any premium feel at all.

Tata Manza comes with a lot of goodies and a award winning engine (Quadrajet-rebadged multijet engine). Spacious interiors and sedan feel included. Everything will go well with this car if it is chauffeur driven. But if you himself will drive it, then you will find lack of preciseness and feedback with the steering. Visibility is poor. Puny wheels compared to the huge boxy type body adds to poor handling. No safety features at all.

Ford Fiesta Classic is a perfect car for a long term ownership. Premium interiors and decent looks. Some may find the recent facelift as dated, but still this car draws a lot of eyes on road.

Nissan Sunny is equally good. Spacious interiors and awesome engine adds to its upmarket looks.

Maruti Swift Dzire is a good option. It is value for money and good in-city driveabilty attracts a lot of buyers. Strong after sales service hast to be taken into count. But cheap interiors and poor build quality is its drawback.

Happy buying !

Maruti Swift Dzire is a good option. ................

.................................But cheap interiors and poor build quality is its drawback.

From the last line, it seems that you're talking not at all about Dzire, probably.

Even old DZire was having good design & feel of Interiors.

New one is having simply the best interiors amongst its segment with very good fit-finish & build quality.

There're many cars which are having these weak aspect than DZire.