BonFre

2nd hand cheap petrol car suggestion

Looking for a cheap 2nd petrol car for in-City runabouts, grocerry trips, etc. Basically I need a car with minimum acquiring cost & then later minimum maintenence costs. Other requirements remain:

- Roomy & comfortable on the insides.

- Good ride quality.

- Good FE

- Reliable

- Tall seating.

Basic goodies like A.C, P.S, P.W, C.S are a must.

What prompted me into thinking about this is a Nano drive I had recently. The car was darn easy to manouver in the City & park. Inner space is ++

Well Nano is one of the choices but not the only. Of late I haven't checked out this space so don't know much about what all competition is there.

Now suggest me some good solutions...

Ford Fusion is the perfect vehicle for your need (ofcourse if you can find one in good condition!) & you will get it really cheap, as it's discontinued! Another VFM cars like MS swift or Ford Figo are also exellent options! If you want further cheap, look for MS WagonR or Hyundai Santro!

Maruti Suzuki Alto may fit perfectly to your requirements. You can get one in-between 1.2 to 1.8 lacs. But you have to check for the odo and vehicle history. Also Ford Ikon and Hyundai Santro will also be available in this range, but ofcourse with a higher odo reading !

An Alto would fit the bill completely if it wasnt for the tall seating part.

Alto 800 for mileage

Alto 800 Cng for more mileage

K10 for power

Santro and Wagon R are your basic contenders.

Both available in bifuel options to get further easy on the pocket.

Climb a bit higher and you have the Ritz.

All come with a lot of discounts now .Thus,Not that expensive to acquire ,not that expensive to maintain,no problem parking.

Hello, go for Wagonr because as you said it should have a tall seating, wagonr is among the best.

I agree with you on Nano, as it is very easy to drive and the best to go around in the city with good FE and interior space.

My last suggestion would be Ritz if you can shell out some extra bucks because MAN! this car has got some space and comfort. And as it is Maruti, you get the lowest maintenance through out the segment. FE is an issue here, as the car is big it will give you around 14 kmpl

The choice would of course depend on your budget of course. As a city car Wagon R is one of the best choices. It has good leg room and head room, excellent driving position and all round visibility (very important on congested roads), doesn't take up too much parking space and is quite reliable.

Nano and Alto are other options. Whichever car you go for it should be preferably not more than 3 to 5 years old.

Would say go for a 4-5 year old Santro Xing or if you can stretch a bit more, then an i10, I think this would fit properly for your needs if you want a pre-owned car. If new, then around Rs 3-4 lakh, you would get lots of new cars as well. Alto 800 is good but too cramped. Nano beats it hands down in terms of interior space. But sadly, you have almost zero cargo space in the Nano.

I think the best and eually good on quality product would be Alto 800 Lxi. This one would offer you good FE, PS, PW front and some other goodies along with good drive posture.