PrancingHorse

New Honda CRV coming to India but no diesel just yet. Will it sell?

post-7692-0-21286200-1355840897.jpg

The new Honda CRV is all set to hit Indian shores early 2013. Looks good and overall seems to be a nice car too. But it lacks the all important thing..a diesel engine. The current CRV hasnt been moving of the shelves in recent times and sales are next to nothing. And here comes an all new model which Im sure will be more expensive. Last I knew the CRV touch almost 30 lakhs on road Mumbai. What do you think the pricing will be now? Is it good time to launch a petrol softroader when petrol prices are going sky high?

Here is Autocar Indias review of the car as well

http://www.autocarindia.com/Review/326779,2013-honda-cr-v-review-test-drive.aspx

post-7692-0-98177200-1355840900.jpg

Total market dud if you ask me. Theres just no point in getting a new model when the older one is in the doldrums. Knowing that it will be a CBU, the price is surely going to be on the wrong side of 30 lakhs. In that price and below one has a wider choice of diesel SUVs.

Agree with 325i. This one is a no no

Failure from day 1 in my opinion. Apart from being a petrol, it is no way going to be fuel efficient either. Wrong move Honda. Dont get the CRV here unless you have an oil burner under the hood which I dont see happening for a long time.

As we know, Honda is now coming with the i-Dtec engine(diesel version) in its Brio based sedan 'Amaze'. Honda has seen and learned that now, India is luring for diesel as it is the trend of the day.

People want real,rugged cars with thumping torque, so anyone who is now planning to buy a car will give preference to Diesel.

And the SUV segment is full of variety, and that too with diesel engines in a budget. So, this CR-V with petrol engine might not make its way to the india market.

Only true crazy going Honda fans who have a lot to spend can actually buy this car...(No Offence :) )

Whats the point HONDA??? I don't get ur approach?

The Number of CRV's sold by HONDA in Oct 21012 & Nov 2012 are - '0', Yes a resounding 'Zerooooo'. Even then HONDA wants to launch a new CRV that too with a Petrol Engine.

A 2.2 L i-CTDI Diesel engine is offered in the European and Asian markets. Why doesn't it make it to INDIA?

Even this will be a flop.

In India there is a small niche customer base who cant do without a petrol (even if the Diesel is immensely refined) CRV will surely click there & i think Honda is content.

I think there are going to be two issues with it. 1) the Pricing because it is till today a CBU and will continue to be like this only and 2) no DIESEL.

Summation..."bound to fail good product".

Edited by Sstar

Why not do a Civic and not launch it altogether ! The new CRV looks like a true SUV the current generation looks awkward ,Honda might bring the 2.2iDtec motor after reducing power to suit Indian fuel.

Honda is all set to launch the 2013 CR-V in India on February 12th, 2013.

It would be assembled in Noida and could be priced similar to or lesser than out going model.CKD route wipes away the extra costs in this 4th Gen vehicle

The new fifth-gen CR-V is set to launch in Thailand soon and it could be headed here!

The Thai-spec CR-V will be longer, wider and higher than before and will get full LED headlights, LED tail lamps, LED foglights, and a shark fin antenna. The interior will be all black contrasted by silver and wood trims. It will also get the option of third-row seating.

It gets the option of a 2.4 litre i-VTEC N/A petrol engine and a new 1.6 litre i-DTEC turbodiesel engine. 

Source

India-bound-2017-Honda-CR-V-front-quarter.jpg

India-bound-2017-Honda-CR-V-front-three-quarter.jpg

India-bound-2017-Honda-CR-V-gear-selector.jpg

India-bound-2017-Honda-CR-V-headlamp (1).jpg

India-bound-2017-Honda-CR-V-headlamp.jpg

India-bound-2017-Honda-CR-V-interior.jpg

India-bound-2017-Honda-CR-V-rear-three-quarter.jpg

India-bound-2017-Honda-CR-V-taillamp.jpg

India-bound-2017-Honda-CR-V-diesel-engine.jpg

SUV with 1.6L idtec, will be way smaller engine and if not, at least, 7 seater then won't pickup in Indian market. Almost all auto makers have SUVs with big engines(needless to say traction control) and 5+ seats.

To start off, Honda has got 2 things right from Indian market perspective, a diesel engine and 7 seats.

Styling wise i didn't like it too much, resembles WR-V.

Everything depends on pricing, if they can undercut Endeavour and Fortuner considerably then they have a good chance to succeed.

However, given how Honda India has been pricing it's product, I don't have very high hopes from it.