NFSguy

Chevy Sail Sedan EDIT: Pic added

Hi

There is little or no buzz about Sail Sedan.....yet I find that car somehow appealing.

So when is it expected to launch and what will be its on road price?

It it going to compete with entry level sedans(Etios...Verito...Dzire) or a little higher ones(Vento....Verna..etc)

Sail Hatch starts at 5.3 lakh(on road-Mumbai) according to autocar so how much extra would its sedan version cost? My assumption 70k more for sedan version

If launched at starting price(on-road) of 6lakh, sounds a perfect VFM

Your Views please

Live long and prosper!

I think the Sail Sedan will go against the Sunny, Etios etc gang. I expect pricing to be some where in the 7-8 lakh rupee range . 6.5 lakhs looks realistic for the entry level model. The diesel is sure to hit 8 lakhs atleast. So far havent seen any Sail hatches on the road. Not too many sold probably?

All of those who took TD of Sail was complaining about it's quality & some even quoted that it was worse than old alto! In short it didn't performed 1% of it's expectations & GM guys are real clever! So, you can expect it arround Swift Dezires price! As per my prediction it's lie between 5.8 to 8.3 lakhs!

Yup the plastics are worse than the 1st gen M800...

They really had done a very good job with the Aveo. I do expect a premium feel to the interiors if the asking price for the top ends (P/D) are going to be in the 7-8 lacs.

I saw the Sail UVA hatch recently on road.. looks pathetic - to say the least. The sedan should not just be a "boot on the hatch" design I hope.

@Sstar - I'd say features and build quality will be 2 different things. The Polo sold on "German Engineering" and top-notch quality, solid feel.. on similar lines of Skoda (also a premium tag than Skoda).

I'd look at the features and also the build quality of the car. The Dzire, surprisingly, comes with a very acceptable build quality if you compare it to the Sail UVA and many other cars in the same bracket.

And I'm pretty sure Chevy is going to share the interiors with the hatch. They can't keep prices down if they don't do that.

Whats more irritating is the point that Chevy is trying to go the Chinese way to keep up in a market like India. Alright, prices need to be low, but when you look at other offerings Chevy has, its very sad to see the line-up we have here.

The yesteryear's Optra, Cruze and the Captiva are the only cars which were really good.. Tavera sold to a different market, Spark sold decent. But the new offerings are very very "Cheap"

Don't understand where the Chevy is going through.

I feel from exterior the Sail Sedan will look good due to it's overall profile but the interiors are not at all acceptable. Chevrolet India is going backward after success of Beat and Cruze.

We have seen SAIL UV-A and now expected SAIL Sedan and the worst is yet to come and that will be Wuling MPV to fight with EECO.

What's bad if it's a Chinese car, it does have to belong some other place then !

Its well built, more comfortable, more stable than even many other Japanese cars plus FIAT 1.3 Multijet in more advanced tune. Spare for the somewhat awkward rear looks, i see no other negative in SAIL U-VA.

Similar goes to SAIL sedan, it's going to be best looking true sedan in its segment or even above.

Rather than being Stereotypical, try to explore what the product actual has on offer.

Chevrolet has revealed a picture of the soon to be launched Sail Sedan. Looks spacious in the first impression. Will be powered by a 1.3 diesel and 1.2 petrol engine. The 1.2 just might be underpowered for a car of this size. Should be a good fight between the Dzire, Amaze and this. Not to mention the i20 sedan which is being readied as well

post-7692-0-83050400-1357191574.jpg

Looks promising , proper sedan sizing thus no excise cuts thus would be on the higher side in terms of pricing.

Side profile looks a bit Ventoish to me ,personally.A proper looking entry sedan finally.Any rear pics?