saikibryan

Which car after i10...?

Hello guys,

I have been using i10 for last 3 years...only problem I felt was the suspension/ride and the luggage space...

Now it's time for an upgrade...

Here comes the confusion...should I go for a diesel saloon or a mini SUV or SUV?

My monthly drive is approximately 2000kms...mostly highways.

Add twice a month long drives...through some gruesome roads, lots of potholes...

I have a budget of around 10L...anything in lower range will be welcomed more :)

Need larger profile tyre/strong suspension with good ground clearance and large boot.

And I am fond of european cars...

Regards,

Saiki

i think so you should go for an diesel suv which is not diesel thirsty has good looks and good handling and ride as you drive alot on highways

go for the renault duster great car

for the xuv 500 you will have to streach your budget by 3 lakhs if you can go for it i bought one and iam more than happy with it has great features (has charging points for all the seats ) one of the best features

Go for Chevrolet SAIL TDCi LS ABS or LT ABS variant(amongst sedans),

Or if want SUV then Renault Duster 85 RxL is a good option in you budget.

But if you can wait, then Ford EcoSport is another option for you in your range.

If you want more space & luggage, mini SUV is always a better option! I think waiting for ecosport will be worth, as you will be spending majority of drive on Highways, it's stiffer chasis will help you to touch the ultimate speeds safely!

& if it's urgent, I would suggest you Skoda Rapid or Nissan Sunny in sedans & options like Duster & Scorpio in SUVs!

Thanks for the replies :)

Well Duster or XUV 500 is the biggest question seems now...or should I wait for ford ecosport?

My friends who own XUV gave me a very good reviews...and they own that car over a year now.

However ride and FE should be marginally better with the duster...whereas XUV is mightier and bigger.

I am not in a hurry...I could wait for ecosport...

So what do I do friends?

Saiki

as you will be spending majority of drive on Highways, it's stiffer chasis will help you to touch the ultimate speeds safely!

Speed and SUV never goes hand in hand.

If high speed, FE, space, ride,... are his prime requirement, I have got an alternative choice which you would never regret.

Punto 90, ya you read it right. Its high(GC), extremely FE, powerful, good boot space, the best ride, the best handling,.... buy now and save the 3L in an FD.

This year end, FIAT is going to launch the Abarth kit for existing Puntos, buy those with the money you saved.

The future of Fiat seems bright, so its worth considering this option.

Duster fits your budget comfortably, when you start talking about XUV / STORME you are looking at a figure closer to 13L-15L on road.

Ecosport will be an option once its launched.

Personally,if i may suggest, look at a comfortable diesel sedan suggested above.

Any idea about the price band of this upcoming ford ecosport?

With some current info from Autocar's editor, it's base petrol (1.2 lt from petrol from figo) will start from 4.99 lakhs! & for 1.5 lt. diesel it'ld start arround 7-8 lakhs & will go upto 10-10.5 lakhs! & 1 lt. ecoboost trims will be arround 7.5-9.5 lakhs! & 1.5 lt. petrol will be arround 6.5-8 lakhs!