PrancingHorse

Geneva 2013: Cars relevant to India ?

There are lots of launches which happen at these International motorshows and there are alot of cars that are relevant to our country and which can come here soon. Since the Geneva Motor Show begins soon, here is a small list of cars which I though will hit our shores soon. What do you think?

The facelifted Chevrolet Captiva

post-7692-0-21299400-1362372443_thumb.jp

The Mercedes CLA

post-7692-0-28652400-1362372446_thumb.jp

Fiat Crossover makes a lot of sense in India

post-7692-0-41683600-1362372449_thumb.jp

The Grand Cherokee from Jeep. This should be here soon

post-7692-0-85020600-1362372452_thumb.jp

A performance Polo. This should make petrolheads happy

post-7692-0-12067100-1362372456_thumb.jp

Any other cars ?

Honda has showcased the CR-V powered by a new 1.6-litre diesel engine at the Geneva Motor Show.

The CR-V is the latest model in Honda's range to receive the new 1596cc diesel engine, which provides the CR-V with 118bhp at 4000rpm and 30.6kgm at 2000rpm. But it seems India will not get the diesel CR-V

More here: http://www.autocarindia.com/News/335466,honda-showcases-diesel-cr-v-at-geneva.aspx

post-7692-0-74435700-1362548375.jpgpost-7692-0-08454400-1362548379.jpg

Is it me or is the rear of the SsangYong very bulky?

Yes, indeed bulky, but seems it is a big improvement from the previous gen Rodius;

post-8809-0-42446700-1362568388_thumb.jp

Which looked utterly hideous :P

The Sx4 is looking really fresh and the Indian market should get it ASAP :)

Btw...shouldn't we expect a MSIL's sub 4 mtr SUV based on a mix of XA Alpha (the concept) and this SX4 (i mean some feature at least could come in)?

Also, the new CR-V has rear very similar to Volvo's SUV....

Don't you think Rodius is not suitable for the Indian market ?

Even the re-designed version looks old and unattractive. Look at the old type door handles which add more boringness in the the car.

Ertiga has very tight dimensions and don't feel out of size and Evalia has it's own character of Mini Van but Rodius fails to establish it's character as it doesn't fit in as a 7 seater city car (Just like ertiga / Evalia) due to it's big dimensions and it also doesn't fit in as a long haul vehicle just like Innova / Endeavour / any other MUV / SUV available due to it's low ground clearance and relatively small tires.

SX4 should make it as a 4X4 crossover hatch. Maruti has the money power and the network to promote such a vehicle. I mean, it may be something like the Yeti/Duster/Ecosport, but since Maruti is much better established, they can pull off something like this and still survive.

SX4 should make it as a 4X4 crossover hatch. Maruti has the money power and the network to promote such a vehicle. I mean, it may be something like the Yeti/Duster/Ecosport, but since Maruti is much better established, they can pull off something like this and still survive.

I doubt if the indian market can absorb such a thing yeti was a ugly duckling well atleast for it dint solved any purpose what so ever

Even a company like maruti can not pull every thing off look what happened to their vitara even when the suv market is a well to do one

No doubt, FIAT Crossover is a compelling product for India. But, FIAT seriously needs to rethink its sales and especially the service strategy. Only opening up FIAT Cafes won't change the fortune of FIAT in India.

Unlike my preconception, many of this Ssangyong products are very well designed! & yes this Rodius can do wonders if launched in 15-20 lakh bracket! & Guys, SX4 would be fine for Baba Adam! You can't really compare it with likes of ecosport, duster or even yeti!

yeti was a ugly duckling well atleast for it dint solved any purpose what so ever

Well, I liked it very much! It is a perfect tool for an off-roader who lives in crowded cities!

SX4 has its advantages over the Yeti, Duster and Ecosport, as it can be priced a lot lower and provide a 4WD option for not too much. The Yeti is way overpriced and the Duster, recently, has become overpriced too. Ford is still not sure what to do with the EcoSport, and neither Renault nor Ford have the backing to let loose a 4WD variant in India. Skoda and VW are struggling in India, while Renault is far from established. Maruti is still in good shape, and can pull it off. It comes at a much lower price point than the Vitara, is a lot more cost-effective (and comes in diesel) and not too big, and it's a cost-effective, refined alternative to the Scorpio and Safari- and far more practical than Thar/Gypsy/Gurkha. You can get a 4WD under 11 lakhs with top specs if this vehicle is launched.

If Maruti can get the specifications and pricing right (and even give us a 4X4 under ten lakhs), Duster and Ecosport will have competition. The SX4 isn't a rural/agricultural/primitive vehicle anyway. It will introduce more people to 4X4 driving.

The rear end seems inspired by the Ecosport. The front end, better-looking.