librankur

Mahindra to launch e2o on18 March EDIT: Now launched at Rs 5.96 lakh (on-road, Delhi)

Kudos for Mahindra & Co., for bringing this Technologically miles-ahead eco-friendly car

into our market. This car came a very very loooooooong way since those `display days'.

I am proud to say that this car, the brain child of Mr Chetan Maini, who developed about

6 different battery/solar/hybrid powered cars through his Reva company (RECC). It is

indeed his passion and dedication which bore fruit today. As we are all aware, RECC was

sold to M&M, who has the vision, drive, money and muscle to bring this concept car to the

production stage and, now, to the delivery stage.

I am glad that Mahindra & his team have proved that they have what it takes to be the leader

in this area.

Congratulations to the entire team.

And, what a product ! Perfect for intra-city travel.

Had the Cental Government given some financial benefit to such futuristic and eco-friendly cars,

the prices should have been much more customer-friendly than the declared pricing.

The only worrying part would be the cost of charging. In these electricity-deficit-days and the

ever spiralling cost of electricity (at least in our AP), how much will it cost to charge it for 5 hours ?

The option of installing a solar shed/tree is a real good one indeed. What would be the cost of

this set up involving the solar panels, stands, and the required electronics ?

I am too eager to go to Bangalore and have a look at this whole thing. It's too tempting to ignore.

The option of installing a solar shed/tree is a real good one indeed. What would be the cost of

this set up involving the solar panels, stands, and the required electronics ?

Solar shed costs around a lakh & it also requires additional battery pack costing around 50k!

@CarCrazySTL

what styling are you refering to , its looks extremely boring to me , the upper half of the back looks like the Maruti 800, the one that was brought from Japan , dont know why they could not add another set of doors ,the absense of the with makes entry exit that much difficult.The raised profile is another eye sore ,

Some might say its modern and spaceage like , i disagree ,it must be very much like any ordinary vehicle and at the same price for it to take off in a big way.

It just got the perfect looks in such small dimensions! The front bumpers, radiator grill (though there isn't any radiator!), old gen lancer like head-lamps, A-pillar or that sandwiched tail lamps & huge rear bumpers, everything looks perfect! I agree on your observations, but if they made it low & curvy, then it may look worse a nano!

& the most amazing part is that, it's looks futuristic! & you can see that this sharp lines looks like they are from Ford's kinetic design language! & this thing is in fashion now! For ex., even all new VW group products looks very much from the same brush!

Edited by CarCrazyASTL

Mahindra E2O.

Nice product, well packaged and tech laiden.

Commendable job by Reva and Mahindra engineers.

This will be well accepted in European market rather than our homeland, like the previous gen Reva i.

I think, Mahindra expected help from govt and have fallen flat on face.

Although commendable efforts by Delhi govt, but we need serious actions from our central govt.

What i guess is, Mahindra will wait for further 5-6 months or they might plan for a stripped down variant which could possibly cost around 1-1.5 lakhs lesser.

Best luck Mahindra-Reva

Reva launch in Chandigarh

The company on Monday unveiled its all-electric, zero-emission car in Chandigarh, which would be made available at EMI of Rs 12,802 for customers of Chandigarh.

Reva has also disclosed plans of exporting this vehicle to Europe pending necessary clearances as early as 2014

Source: MC

Tue, 18 Feb 2014 16:15:00 GMT | By PTI

Mahindra Reva launches rental scheme to boost sales of e2o

The company will also provide 24x7 assistance and guarantee a courtesy car when the battery is under repair

New Delhi: Mahindra Reva Electric Vehicles, a part of the Mahindra Group, today slashed the price of its electric car e2o by up to Rs. 1.7 lakh by introducing a scheme under which a consumer pays a rental fee for the battery.

“What we are doing with the scheme is bringing down the cost of acquisition while we guarantee the customer’s battery performance coupled with inflation-proof running costs. We will own the battery, all that the customer needs to do is pay a monthly fee,” Mahindra Reva Electric Vehicles Chief Executive Officer Chetan Maini told PTI.

Under the scheme, a customer needs to pay ‘energy fee’ starting from Rs. 2,599 for a month, which will allow the user to drive 50,000 km (800 km of usage per month) over 5 years.

“With this, the acquisition cost of the e2o will come down on an average by about Rs. 1.7 lakh in cities, including Bangalore, Delhi and Mumbai where it is currently available,” he said.

For instance, in Delhi the base variant of the e2o will come at Rs. 4.99 lakh as against Rs. 6.5 lakh earlier, he added.

Commenting on the idea behind the scheme, Maini said: “We have had a lot of customers who liked the car but were deterred by the cost. Now with this, we hope, will make it more affordable for them and push up sales.”

The sales of the electric car have been not up to expectations since it was launched in March last year with less than 500 units.

Expressing disappointment over the Interim Budget proposals, he said: “It has done something for the conventional car but the electric segment has been left out.”

Finance Minister P Chidambaram yesterday announced a cut in excise duty on small cars, motorcycles, scooters and commercial vehicles to 8 per cent from 12 per cent, while that of SUVs to 24 per cent from 30 per cent. Large cars also saw excise reduction to 24 per cent from 27 per cent earlier and mid-sized cars to 20 per cent from 24 per cent.

Source:

http://news.in.msn.com/business/mahindra-reva-launches-rental-scheme-to-boost-sales-of-e2o

Coming Up : Rs 800 cr incentive package for electric vehicles

Package likely to be announced in the upcoming budget, aims to provide relief for technology development and research , create charging infrastructure and directly give a subsidy to the consumers for buying the vehicle.

A large part of the subsidy will be kept for subsidising the cost of the vehicle for the buyer, while the reamining will be equally shared between companies creating the charging infrastructure and vehicle manufacture.It will be mandatory for companies to spend it on technological development and research , sources added

The subsidy amount will be one third of the gap between a normal petrol car and the electric/hybrid vehicle of the same category.

For example , if a petrol car costs 3L and electric/hybrid car costs 6L , then the gap between the two is 3L and the govt. will subsidise one third of the gap - in this case it is 1L , thus the elctric/hybrid car will cost 5L to the buyer after discounting the govt. subsidy.

The package fomes with a rider, the govt. preference to spend the incentive money will be used first to subsidise public transport vehicles , it will then be used for two and three wheelers and later for passanger cars.

excerpts from a Newspaper Article

Source

HT Delhi Edition

Business Section

Pg 13

Hello all Car Enthusiasts, i have considered redesigning the all new mahindra reva e2o, which does not impress the youth much due to lack of appeal in its design. Please do review the render i have made and post your suggestions in this forum.

Regards.post-73457-0-78850900-1435302951_thumb.jpost-73457-0-78850900-1435302951_thumb.jpost-73457-0-78850900-1435302951_thumb.j