librankur

Honda Amaze : Launched starting at Rs. 4.99 lakhs

Honda India, the domestic arm of Japanese car maker, seems all set to introduce its much awaited Amaze sedan in the Indian auto market. Interested buyers can now book the upcoming model at the authorised dealerships of Honda India by paying an amount of Rs. 10,000. Industry experts believe that Honda Amaze will make its grand entry somewhere in April in the Indian auto market. However, it must be noted that the auto maker has not revealed the exact pricing and other details of the upcoming Amaze sedan yet.

Thanks for this news librankur. Im sure there will be a huge rush to book the Amaze more so because there will be a diesel and Honda's first in India. I can already see a long waiting list. Hope the price is aggressive unlike otherwise where Honda always goe wrong with pricing initially

WIll they launch both diesel and petrol on April 11th?

I issue that is irritating me is, the fixed read rest of honda brio's rear is not long enough to support head of normal sized person.

It will be most likely carried forward to amaze. This will uncomfortable in long trips.

I want a new sedan by may 1st week and i have booked honda amaze diesel but still i am confused between new toyota etios GD SP and honda amaze. Anys suggestions?

The much awaited Honda Amaze saloon will be launched in India on April 11. The big news is that Honda's new 1.5-litre diesel engine will make its debut in the new Amaze.Along with this new engineered-for-India motor, the saloon will also be offered with the 1.2-litre petrol engine that is shared with the Brio hatchback.

While based on Honda’s Brio hatch, the saloon gets subtle styling tweaks in the form of a different grille, fog lamps (only on the Indian version of the car) and new alloy wheels. The carmaker, in a brilliant engineering move, has given the Amaze a considerbaly longer wheelbase than the hatch, resulting in spacious interiors.

The introduction of the diesel engine here marks a significant step for Honda, which has stubbornly stuck to petrol motors till date and consequently lost a lot of fans to diesel motor-equipped competiton. The Amaze could well be the carmaker’s ticket to supremacy in the entry-level saloon segment here and if Honda prices the saloon right, it could dethrone the current segment leader, the Maruti Suzuki Dzire and pose a serious threat to other rivals like the Tata Manza, Toyota Etios and Mahindra Verito.

post-7692-0-28206500-1364280150.jpg

The soon to be launched Honda Amaze could be India's most fuel efficient car with figures of 26 kmpl to a litre of diesel. Honda has joined the diesel bandwagon pretty late but looks like the Japanese giant wants to spoil the party for the rest of the diesel gang. In another first, Amaze's 1500cc engine would also deliver the highest power of around 100PS or 300Nm of torque, making it the fastest car in its segment, much higher than the 190Nm of torque churned out by the 1248cc Maruti DZire. "It's the first all-aluminum diesel engine in the country with some amazing class leading capabilities of fuel efficiency and power," Honda Car India senior vice president (marketing & sales) Jnaneshwar Sen told ET.

Here is the link to the full article at Economic Times: http://economictimes...ow/19207804.cms

i-DTEC badge on a Honda car in India =Great answer to critics.

Another good thing is that this badge is accompanied with VX suffix after the Amaze, which means the car will be having a top-end variant on Diesel Amaze from beginning of its launch.

C'mon double cheers for Honda India.

Amaze is going to wash the whole the compact sedan segment, I mean to say who doesnt want to buy a sedan with Honda badge with economy of Tata Indigo eCS, power above the segment benchmark, looks of Brio and a price just 30 grand over Swift Dzire.

Prices (all ex-showroom, Delhi) :

Petrol

------

E MT - 4,99,000/-

EX MT - 5,24,000/-

S MT - 5,62,000/-

VX MT - 6,60,000/-

S AT - 6,62,000/-

VX AT - 7,50,000/-

Diesel

------

E MT iDTEC - 5,99,000/-

EX MT iDTEC - 6,24,000/-

S MT iDTEC - 6,67,000/-

VX MT iDTEC - 7,60,000/-

With these prices, segment leader Dzire will be in serious trouble.

Amaze not only undercuts Dzire in terms of pricing but in feature list vis-a-vis variants.

Good luck Honda !!

Dzire have only few plus points to counter Amaze .Better No. of dealership,sales& Marketing and service network.With this pricing Amaze can easily make 10k customers per month.Honda can jump to 3rd or 4th place in sales chart.Now i am looking forward to see CITY is getting 1.6 L I-DTEC ,CIvic with same engine (Like Toyota corolla Altis), Accord and CR-V with 2.2L I-DTEC Engine and finally Brio with 1.5 L i-DTEC offering 30-35 KM PL.Now Honda should not delay the launch of a compact SUV and MPV on Amaze platform with 1.5L i-DTEC engine

Big question is what Honda management was doing past 7-8 years. Honda introduced their first diesel engine in 2003 and i-DTEC 2.2L engine equipped in EU Civic in 2008.Then it was quite embarrassing for all of us that Honda was expecting Indian govt will take out subsidy of Diesel and end of the day they lost many customers to competitors.

Fantastic pricing by Honda to start with. Not only the Dzire but I feel even cars like the Etios and Manza will feel the heat. Honda seems to have done its homework well. The next few months will be very interesting.

Let the games begin

I forsee atleast 15000 units to be booked in upcoming couple of months. Seriously Honda has priced it superbly, I was expecting that they would atempt a blunder in pricing just as Toyota did with Etios but it seems Honda wants to play safe and amaze us with their pricing, it is surely to shoo away potential Dzire buyers, also upto to a certain extent its sibling the City buyers.

10 variants now thats quite something. Looks like they want to appeal to a wide audience. But 7.5 lakhs starting ex showroom Delhi sounds pricey.

Lets wait for the launch today

That price was for the Automatic Variant.

Anyways ,

Its good to see that sense prevailed with Honda this time and they priced it right with the segment leaders , we have all long debated this is detail and i am glad they also felt the same as we were feeling.

Amaze has Amazed us all with its prices , its a battle already won by Honda , people start queuing the dealerships , its another LONG WAITING LIST contender in the making.

It would be intigruing to see how Honda Sales team would be successfull in pulling customers who would be in market for Dzire but would end up with Amaze, I pity the lacklusture Sail sedan, barely it had started picking up sales, Amaze would wipe her off.

Well i had just visited a Honda dealer (near my office) to get a glimpse of Amaze.

First few impressions:

- Space is very good (beats Dzire hands down).

even with front seat full way back there was enough room at the back. In may case (i am 5'8"), there was 3-4 inch space still left at the back with front seat pushed all way back. Boot also is of good size/depth.

Width wise, we had 3 people sitting at back seat in relative comfort (not in same league as Etios/Manza). Center armrest was making it little uncomfortable for the person in the middle.

- NVH for diesel, again very good. With engine on, there is very light whisper kind of sound coming with hood closed.

Inside cabin it's even better. While pressing clutch though there was some vibration but i guess it's common for diesel cars.

- Plastic quality, i would say OK (Dzire wins here). Though they have tried to make the color combination pleasing with beige and some part of dashboard black/brown.

- Overall outer body quality was OK. Thickness of metal sheet was acceptable.

Test drive will be available from tomorrow only.