librankur

Honda Amaze : Launched starting at Rs. 4.99 lakhs

Great report Sachin, a huge thanks to you, the problems associated with Etios seems to be repeated in Amaze, the common problems which I see is that poor NVH and interior quality shared between these compact Jap sedans and both have same hallmarks which is prestigious badge and superb fuel economy and bullet proof realiability with Amaze having way more power than Etios, still I would chose Amaze over Dzire.

Price wise, they just chopped the entry level sedan segment with a hot knife...lets see how sweet is this segment going to be for HONDA but it is sure that others including MSIL will be force to make some positive change in their Dzire line up from customer point of view.

Kudos Honda

Great report Sachin, a huge thanks to you

Thanks Amish993 !!

I had went to dealer with my friend who needs a compact sedan and will finalize between Dzire/Amaze (read Amaze).

Just after price announcement by Honda, dealership was getting flooded with people coming in to have a look.

Most notably, all Amaze diesel variants come equipped with ABS/EBD which is not case with Dzire.

Though Honda products are niggle free but as a thumb rule i had advised my friend to wait for 3 months or so (if he can) to get actual customer reviews out and then decide.

Only advantage MSIL has is their production capacity. They have already started flooding dealers with ready stock of Dzire as now they can't afford to turn any customer away based on waiting period.

Honda i think currently has 10k/month production capacity for Amaze which they are trying to address with new plant coming up in Gujarat next year.

Gujarat seems to be next Detroit of India! Jokes apart though, I am really impressed with Honda is providing ABS as standard equipment, every manufacturer should learn this for India. At this price point of Amaze, it is sure that customers flooded their website too with 25,000 registrations.

OMG ! What a ultimate pricing.

For the first time in history Honda have entered a new product in new segment at Ultra-competitive price, which undercuts the segment leader by even few grands.

Now, see the variant specifications, even base E variants offers equipment level comparable to V variants of Swift DZire, even if we exclude ABS-EBD forget the obsolete L version of Maruti Suzuki cars with Manual window winders & absence of central locking. C'mon Maruti be the Premium if you want to charge the Premium.

I can see no reason in people opting for other options when they getting sensibly equipped ~26kmpl, 100PS Honda i-DTEC powered base Diesel variant at Rs.5.99 lacs.

Now see what Honda can make its rivals to do, few months back which Honda was forced to do so.

Tables are turned now.

A comparative chart of Amaze different variants

post-67-0-34626400-1365710624_thumb.jpg

(Source: Honda india website)

Even the base variant is as competitive to rivals as its top-end variant, taking the fight from similarly priced Figo Titanium Diesel(in same price band as base Amaze D) till Swift Dzire top-end ZDi variant & ETIOS.

Btw, sharing a smart shot of Honda AMAZE,

post-67-0-44190800-1365710786_thumb.jpg

(source: revealed through internet surfing & shared by a Thai Brio-Amaze user)

It looks so gorgeous even when it's customized, very rarely it happens actually.

I can see no reason in people opting for other options when they getting sensibly equipped ~26kmpl, 100PS Honda i-DTEC powered base Diesel variant at Rs.5.99 lacs.

Exactly, i see no reason why one would choose Dzire over Amaze diesel when latter trumps the former in almost every parameter.

Though having said that, MJD engines have proved themselves over the years (performance + low maintenance), which is one area where Honda diesel engines needs to prove itself with time.

Couple of other points on Amaze:

- Engine bay of diesel is absolutely packed, there is no space left. And radiator/engine seems to be almost touching front grill.

So any impact on front will lead to serious damage.

- NVH at idle of Amaze diesel is amazing but once you rev the engine it's quite audible in cabin.

- Plastic used in dashboard/doors seems to be of average quality. We were able to press upper part of dashboard with just little pressure and it budged.

- The area behind rear seat (rear windscreen) is of plastic and not fabric

Thanks for the first hand report sachins. Your points are very relevant to the discussion here. The Amaze Mumbai launch is today and hopefully I should get some details in the second half of the day with regards to Mumbai pricing.

Honda launched the Amaze in Mumbai this afternoon. I attended the launch and this is the first time I saw the car in the flesh and I must say I am impressed. The Amaze looks like a proper sedan and not a copy paste boot job or weird like the Dzire.(No offense to Dzire owners). Pretty spacious and good leg room in the rear. 400 liter boot can take a good amount of luggage. Its is going be exciting, the next few months that it. Its going to be a battle of the entry level sedans.

Honda Amaze Prices: (ex-showroom, Mumbai)

Petrol Manual

E: Rs 5.35 lakh

S: Rs 5.61 lakh

EX: Rs 6.02 lakh

VX: Rs 7.05 lakh

Petrol Automatic

S: Rs 7.07 lakh

VX: Rs 8.00 lakh

Diesel Manual

E: Rs 6.49 lakh

EX: Rs 6.74 lakh

VX: Rs 8.01 lakh

And here are pictures from the event:

post-7692-0-10698300-1365763702_thumb.jppost-7692-0-06598600-1365763706_thumb.jppost-7692-0-23021100-1365763710_thumb.jppost-7692-0-71232000-1365763713_thumb.jppost-7692-0-11475800-1365763718_thumb.jppost-7692-0-95458900-1365763722_thumb.jppost-7692-0-92601800-1365763727_thumb.jppost-7692-0-34796400-1365763732_thumb.jppost-7692-0-67571800-1365763736_thumb.jp

Honda launched the Amaze in Mumbai this afternoon. I attended the launch and this is the first time I saw the car in the flesh and I must say I am impressed. The Amaze looks like a proper sedan and not a copy paste boot job or weird like the Dzire.(No offense to Dzire owners). Pretty spacious and good leg room in the rear. 400 liter boot can take a good amount of luggage. Its is going be exciting, the next few months that it. Its going to be a battle of the entry level sedans.

Honda Amaze Prices: (ex-showroom, Mumbai)

Diesel Manual

E: Rs 6.49 lakh

EX: Rs 6.74 lakh

VX: Rs 8.01 lakh

@PrancingHorse, Thanks for the coverage of the event.

These are the prices that will get the Dzire sweating. I've yet to see the Amaze but I've read reaports that the interiors in the Dzire are better - possibly the only thing in Dzire's favour apart from the dealership network.

I guess we'll soon see the impact in the monthly sales figures. I won't be surprised if steeper discounts are given on the Dzire - the current version just seemed like a market skimming price strategy by Maruti.

Congrats BonFre !!

Did you book a diesel or petrol?

Also, can you confirm on below service intervals for Amaze.

To me it seems to be too frequent and just after 6 months it goes to paid service.

1st Free Service : 1 month / 1000 km

2nd Free Service : 3 months / 5000 km

3rd Free Service : 6 months / 10000 km

Subsequent Paid Services : Every 6 months / 10000 km

Hey Bornfree thats cheating , you earlier said you did not like the product and now you haV booked it. ;-)

Congrats on the first one here to commit to this offering. Whats the time line they gave for delivery.

Congrats on the booking BonFre. When is the expected delivery? Looking forward to your ownership review

Thanks, I was offered the car for delivery but I opted to wait. Otherwise for now its ~2-3 months. I decided to wait for a while to watch a few customer reviews/feedbacks & also get a chance to see Eco-Sport.

Congrats BonFre !!

Did you book a diesel or petrol?

1st Free Service : 1 month / 1000 km

2nd Free Service : 3 months / 5000 km

3rd Free Service : 6 months / 10000 km

Subsequent Paid Services : Every 6 months / 10000 km

I did enquire about this but the dealership did not have much of an idea, they said they would be able to tell in a couple of days. Heard Honda saying that maintenance would be cheaper compared to the segment. Hope that turns out real.

Hey Bornfree thats cheating , you earlier said you did not like the product and now you haV booked it. ;-)

Congrats on the first one here to commit to this offering. Whats the time line they gave for delivery.

Booking does not = Buying ! I booked a number of vehicle in the past, only to withdraw later! Lets see....

Ecosport could make you wait as long as Mid Jun, recently came across an article where Ecosport trumped sales of Duster in a foreign land.

Another sureshot Long Waiting List contender like the Amaze is going to be , People who boight the Duster will feel shortchanged when the Ecosport rolls in , like most recent acquirers of Amaze contenders.

I dont think Duster owners would feel shortchanged due to Ecosport as the former has much better ride, more space, more driveable though all this at a steeper price while Ecosport is quite a looker and much cheaper than Duster yet it cant beat the latter's qualities, now talking about Dzire and Amaze, there is little to differentiate between them except the Honda's prestigous badge and its supreme power plant.

Proud H-badge, 100PS, 25.8kmpl & 4metre together into one package has unsettled all the car segments from Rs.5.5 lacs to 9 lacs.

Proof being the newspapers flooded with the advertisements of each & every car except Honda Amaze.

With flood of bookings in the basket, Honda has turned Recession upside down.

@amish

I meant in the same space.To be more specific Maruti Suzuki launching Dzire Regal Variant.

And there are more coming from the House of Honda ,2NH codename for a MPV based on the Brio and a SUV based on the Jazz.

Manufacturers would run for cover.

Coming back to Amaze ,a 2 month waiting period is being belted out by dealers to prospective Amaze buyers.