librankur

Honda Amaze : Launched starting at Rs. 4.99 lakhs

6500 bookings in just 2 days, the waiting list just got longer.

Honda is back .

I can see tear rolling down the eyes of competition.

Yes, probably this is the reason why MSIL is now offering ready delivery of Dzire, earlier there was a waiting even for petrol.

Booked mine today. S-variant, White color.

Congratulation BF. And intelligent decision to wait for some time and now hurrying for delivery.

Honda Management has also indicated that is also in the process of bringing in a Diesel Automatic Variant of the Amaze .

This would be close to the time along with the New Jazz scheduled late this / early next year.

Honda Management has also indicated that is also in the process of bringing in a Diesel Automatic Variant of the Amaze .

This would be close to the time along with the New Jazz scheduled late this / early next year.

Now that sounds firing for other manufacturers . :)

Hi guys,

One of my relative was planning to buy a sedan around 8 lakhs. I told him to wait till the honda amaze is launched. Now after launch he was planning to buy it & went for test drive. To my surprise he told me that during start of engine(diesel) & turning it off there was a heavy vibration. He told me he didnt like that feel, now planning to wait to see whether honda rectifies it.Other than this complaint he liked the car very much.

Hi guys,

One of my relative was planning to buy a sedan around 8 lakhs. I told him to wait till the honda amaze is launched. Now after launch he was planning to buy it & went for test drive. To my surprise he told me that during start of engine(diesel) & turning it off there was a heavy vibration. He told me he didnt like that feel, now planning to wait to see whether honda rectifies it.Other than this complaint he liked the car very much.

Haha..

There're actually 3 reasons behind it:

-Firstly, Customers having petrol car perception in their mind can feel this, relatively more.

-Those who've already driven Maruti Swift or other FIAT engine powered cars are so Addicted to refinement that every engine except Petrol ones, feel shaky & noisy.

Truly FIAT Multijet engine is so Silent, Refined & almost perfectly built.

-Last but not the least, Exactly you might face this behavior(as it's a normal thing) seen in light bodied car with High power & high displacement engine.

It can also be seen in Nissan Sunny, Renault Scala, while the same is absent in Renault Duster powered by same 85PS engine, just because its bodyshell is quite heavy.

Its not a fault its a normal behavior & you've to live with it, but yes it can decrease with time as the engine parts settles into their shape hence improving on the Refinement & NVH fronts.

Exactly you might face this behavior(as it's a normal thing) seen in light bodied car with High power & high displacement engine.

It can also be seen in Nissan Sunny, Renault Scala, while the same is absent in Renault Duster powered by same 85PS engine, just because its bodyshell is quite heavy.

Its not a fault its a normal behavior & you've to live with it,

The problem with Figo's TCDI engine, Nissan's Engine, Liva's engine is not the Power vs Displacement but the generation it belongs to. Sans Mutlijet (Gen II), all Small CRDI in India are 1st Gen CRDI, so high NVH is a norm.

Amaze's NVH can only be commented post 5000kms a car been run sensibly. A 5000kms run Test drive car can't be taken into account. So wait for few months from some car lover's 5000kms report before worrying about NVH.

Dzire DDIS Registers 45.8kmpl & Dzire Petrol 42.1kmpl in Dzirable Mileage Rally

Posted: 29 Apr 2013 04:21 AM PDT

Maruti is acting fair and square to Honda Amaze’s onslaught. In fact, it appears that Maruti is taking special cognizance of the first true potential challenger to Dzire.

In a stark response, Maruti launched a special edition Dzire Regal recently and in continuation, has conducted – Dzirable Mileage Rally,

read more on www.motorbash.com

within last two days, today and yesterday, I have seen two Honda Amaze in my locality nearby. Kinetic blue (petrol), metalic brown (diesel) both looked to me mid variants.

Edited by Sstar

I saw a top end Amaze in Silver color yesterday near HPO Tirupati.

It looked fabulous and well proportioned. A damn good job by Honda.

I liked it very much. For me, it appears like a perfect entry level sedan.

May be, I am already in love with it. May be due to my deep dislike

towards the odd shape of DZire.

It is nice to see Honda cars arriving in even places like Tirupati within

a few days of launch. Good for Honda.

It is nice to see Honda cars arriving in even places like Tirupati within

a few days of launch. Good for Honda.

Its quiet common to see new cars in Tirupati because a sizable amount of new car buyers from South India drive straight to Tirupati straight from Car Dealer.

My next car will also follow this trend. There is one Bodyguard Muniswaran temple in Chennai, some 30kms from my place. Most new vehicle in Chennai would be taken to this temple first. All our cars startred from there.

Have spotted a couple of Amaze on road but both of them seem to be base models.

Honda has received 22k bookings on Amaze in 3 weeks.

April sales stands at 4852 units for Amaze.

Wow , this 22K figure would have started to give rival maufacturers sleepless nights , i can see tears rolling down .

With these many number of bookings we are already starring down a waiting list of over 4 months plus.

A recent study concluded that sales of new models have overtaken older models,its imperative in this slowdown for manufactures to keep coming out with newer models.

Ford are you listening , hoping this news does not make you launch another series of marketing campaigns , launch your Actual Product (EcoSport) now.

Amaze outsells Brio and City put together.

For the month of April 2013, while 1628 units of the Brio and 1917 units of the City were sold, the new Amaze sold a whopping 4852 units.

Honda has hit the jackpot with the Amaze. One question though. Seeing the sales figures isnt the Amaze eating into the City sales now ? The Brio being a hatch is also falling back because the Amaze seems just the right option. A sedan, compact, and a diesel option.

Yes thats true .

In comparison to the Amaze, the demand for both the Brio and the City has fallen.In March, 2916 units of the Brio and 3271 units of the City were delivered to customers.

The major difference here is that both Brio and City still don't have diesel variants as compared to their rivals, while the Amaze has a 1.5 litre oil burner under its hood.

One question though. Seeing the sales figures isnt the Amaze eating into the City sales now ?

Exactly, Honda seems to have this knack of hitting it's own cars with newly introduced once.

This was the same case with new Honda city was launched, it hit Civic sales badly.

This time it's going to be hit more because of diesel.

please tell me between the Amaze and its nearest competitor the Dzire where do both stand on 2 issues which im concerned-viz round clearance and safety-dzire has 170 mm vs 165 for amaze-isnt that low.also im told the build quality of amze is inferiror

TD'ed the Amaze today extensively. Was hard-pressed to spot any big negatives.

The car is spacious, comfortable & has almost everything a mid-size car buyer would ask for .

Will give a detailed account as soon as I get some time...