rishirich27

Skoda - Clutchplate issues

well idi1991 even i am really happy with my skoda as far as pickup,mileage,suspension etc are concerned but if i have to pay 50,000 or so every 50,000 km then i don't like it much.

what else does quality mean,even after a broken engine mount u love ur accent ??? may be you have a lot of money ,and it does not pinch u as much ,but spending a whole salary of month on fly wheel and that also for no fault of ur is sh*t.

and as far as features are concerned,as u mentioned above about skoda providing a whole lot of feature as compared to toyota,honda etc well i would say " a women might look more presentable with makeup but only for the party,when it rains(acid test/quality test) it shows who is really beautiful.

and well who told u that a cars clutch is only for 40-50 thousand km,my friend stop reading to much of car manual, and turn to reality,only indica stuff needs a clutch replacement every 50,000,but thats coz its clutch plates cost    Rs 3500

i can change that on every service

wow.....wow...... you didn't read my last my message right..... i am with you not against you....... and for me even when you have all the money in the world it isn't a thing to waste...... chill and read my message again......

well....... surely punjabees do fight well.....lol..... though i love skoda but if you have a problem with your car do fight it out...... if you need you can put my case too..... my clutch plate broke down at 32k.... had just completed it's 2 yrs so was out of warranty.... i was in baroda coming to delhi... as i had no time i had to pay and get repaired.... i will give you the case details if you want....

I find it amazing that your pressure plate broke I dont know if you have ever seen a pressure plate but it is very very unlikely that it could have broken.The clutch is a wearing part and I do not think any manufacturer will give you a warranty on that. It is possible to wear out a clutch within a very short time if one tries hard or drives badly  Also regarding people complaining I dont think there are too many complaints about Skoda if one takes into account the number of them that have been sold and continue to be sold.

Of course you have some people on this forum who regard themselves as automobile experts and freely tell you how bad Skoda is without owning or even driving one enough. I think people should give opinions on something they have experienced personally and not from their wild imaginations. Also this special person on the forum who never tires of telling us that he has lived in the States should realize that if this were the States he might get sued for libel.  Regarding the flywheel it is normally not changed unless the clutch has worn out really badly and caused burn marks or scraped, but I have a feeling that Skoda dealers here are only to happy to change them as they can earn more claiming that this is procedure which they are following even though the parts manual clearly lists them with individual part numbers. The only advice I can think of giving Skoda owners is take someone who has some knowledge about cars when giving their cars to the dealers so they can make sure that they are not being taken for a ride.
FuelRunGod2008-01-16 17:51:12

hmmmmm..... right about that roomy..... you should always check which part is being replaced in your car..... at first i was also giving a estimate of 60k but when we checked the fly wheel it was totally fine.... by the way i know what it is a clutch plate.... pressure plate..... fly wheel....... ball bearings.... he he....

adi19912008-01-16 17:56:16

Even I find it hard to believe that it broke. The damage to the flywheel could have been done by the earlier wornout clutch. Does anybody else apart from you drive? Also the damaged flywheel could have finished your new clutch as well.

FRG

I have seen quite a few broken pressure plates. Most of them would break under hard race use but poorly designed ones tend to break due to immense stress beyond their design capability.

No one here writes from wild imagination, people should stop worshipping their choice and stop making assumptions about others. Mr. Skoda lover above mentions person living in states. Let me ask him, do you know me that well to know if I have extensively driven Skoda or if anyone in my circle owns one? Seriously doubt it. Are you aware of Team VW in SCCA or have ever in life built or race a VW engine, diesel or gas? Doubt that as well. As an ex VW owner and having friends and family here who are unfortunate Skoda owners, I not only have driven this East European junk for miles, but have seen its problems first hand as well. So keep ASS+UMING but facts will remain facts, Skoda fixation aside. I suggest if you are that passionaite about Skoda and its your only mate in bed, don't be hanging around at the forum and try put down others who have genuine case history of problems with your bed mate ie Skoda. smiley1.gif

I just had a new clutch plate pressure plate bearing etc etc installed in my car along with a suspension change... not by the dealer but a mechanic using ALL ORIGINAL parts(he's in Poona pm me for the number if your interested)

The entire job cost less than 60K( 20 for the clutch and 40 for the shocks.. Bilstein's)

I don't know  where you guys' go to get your job done..

Now what do you guy's have to say?

Zavo2008-01-17 05:10:12

20K for the job.. it's done in a day..

Chandigarh- Poona Driving a day and a half.. 2 tank full's of diesel one way.. one night stay in Poona.. drive back..

Even if you do this it's still not gonna be 55K..;)!

20K for the job.. it's done in a day..

Chandigarh- Poona Driving a day and a half.. 2 tank full's of diesel one way.. one night stay in Poona.. drive back..

Even if you do this it's still not gonna be 55K..;)!

How about sending mechanic with tools and part in AC 3 tire would cost 30k.smiley36.gif

I have seen quite a few broken pressure plates. Most of them would break under hard race use but poorly designed ones tend to break due to immense stress beyond their design capability.

No one here writes from wild imagination' date=' people should stop worshipping their choice and stop making assumptions about others. Mr. Skoda lover above mentions person living in states. Let me ask him, do you know me that well to know if I have extensively driven Skoda or if anyone in my circle owns one? Seriously doubt it. Are you aware of Team VW in SCCA or have ever in life built or race a VW engine, diesel or gas? Doubt that as well. As an ex VW owner and having friends and family here who are unfortunate Skoda owners, I not only have driven this East European junk for miles, but have seen its problems first hand as well. So keep ASS+UMING but facts will remain facts, Skoda fixation aside. I suggest if you are that passionaite about Skoda and its your only mate in bed, don't be hanging around at the forum and try put down others who have genuine case history of problems with your bed mate ie Skoda. smiley1.gif [/quote']

I have built engines in fact at Volkswagens factory in Wolfsburg. As for having cars as bedmates you seem to have discovered something yourself but please dont share your experiences with us

I have built engines in fact at Volkswagens factory in Wolfsburg. As for having cars as bedmates you seem to have discovered something yourself but please dont share your experiences with us

@GURKHA... hahahahahhahahah

@roomy...smiley32.gifsmiley32.gifsmiley32.gifsmiley32.gifsmiley32.gif

I have seen quite a few broken pressure plates. Most of them would break under hard race use but poorly designed ones tend to break due to immense stress beyond their design capability. No one here writes from wild imagination' date=' people should stop worshipping their choice and stop making assumptions about others. Mr. Skoda lover above mentions person living in states. Let me ask him, do you know me that well to know if I have extensively driven Skoda or if anyone in my circle owns one? Seriously doubt it. Are you aware of Team VW in SCCA or have ever in life built or race a VW engine, diesel or gas? Doubt that as well. As an ex VW owner and having friends and family here who are unfortunate Skoda owners, I not only have driven this East European junk for miles, but have seen its problems first hand as well. So keep ASS+UMING but facts will remain facts, Skoda fixation aside. I suggest if you are that passionaite about Skoda and its your only mate in bed, don't be hanging around at the forum and try put down others who have genuine case history of problems with your bed mate ie Skoda. smiley1.gif [/quote']

?

You have built VWs at Wolfsburg, may I ask what was your designation there? smiley2.gif If that was the case, you must be well aware of the harmonic issue in the narrow angle V6 for which VW had to issue a recall or the fact that VW was peddling off cars to paying customers, these cars were returns from lemon law. As for bedmates, this is a clutch issue thread, there is a I love Skoda thread, may I suggest you post there or create a I sleep with my Skoda thread. smiley4.gif

I just had a new clutch plate pressure plate bearing etc etc installed in my car along with a suspension change... not by the dealer but a mechanic using ALL ORIGINAL parts(he's in Poona pm me for the number if your interested)

The entire job cost less than 60K( 20 for the clutch and 40 for the shocks.. Bilstein's)

I don't know  where you guys' go to get your job done..

Now what do you guy's have to say?

was that with flywheel or without?

[?

?

@GURKHA... hahahahahhahahah

@roomy...

/autocar_forum/smileys/smiley32.gif">smiley32.gifsmiley32.gifsmiley32.gifsmiley32.gif

@Zavo..........duuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! brain fart time. smiley17.gif

the old one had 360bhp @ 6000rpm

new one

150bhp @ 6000rpm

well telling the torque of a engine means that you have made it in that case i have made all the emgines in the world .........lol.........(this is a joke)
adi19912008-01-17 11:41:07

yaar why r u people(roomy te gurkha) grinding  against each other like clutch and pressure plates,

roomy brother vw(skoda) might be making good quality cars,but i had once over rided my safari's clutch while making my way up on a very steep slope in ladakh,but did not have any issue like this,why only skoda and that also when they beat the quality drum so hard.

u like skoda,even i ,may be even gurkha also,nothing personal,mere chachaji de company tan nahi hai na he bin laden de hai,if it give problem thats why im here,

cool down,come to delhi both of u ,lets have a drink

yaar why r u people(roomy te gurkha) grinding? against each other like clutch and pressure plates' date='roomy brother vw(skoda) might be making good quality cars,but i had once over rided my safari's clutch while making my way up on a very steep slope in ladakh,but did not have any issue like this,why only skoda and that also when they beat the quality drum so hard.u like skoda,even i ,may be even gurkha also,nothing personal,mere chachaji de company tan nahi hai na he bin laden de hai,if it give problem thats why im here,cool down,come to delhi both of u ,lets have a drink[/quote']

Well since you had the gall to dis their favored concubine called Skoda, they challenged and questioned your driving ability. To them Skoda is all, its the best in world, no matter Toyota is number one manufacturer, Honda wins best car title since last 25years, no one else has had the chance to own, use or even come near the hallowed East Euro VW hype. If you dare criticize their ho, you will get presumptuous replies challenging your ownership of the Skoda or even the capability to own one. smiley4.gif