rishirich27

Skoda - Clutchplate issues

It appears that some members are incapable of reading the mails, or are in a desperate hurry to post. I have been following this issue from the outset, and his complaint was published in ACI, and apparently Skoda are still sleeping. So I believe FRG on behalf of ACI has done what he could. I think this was posted on Team-bhp also.

I agree that he has enough reason to go to other media - the broadsheet. I only hope he is not being economical with the truth!

got my complaint printed in autocar also this month but no word from skoda yet' date='may they just don't care.

[/quote']

This just proves once again that people choose not to read the posts, and react instantly. Just look a few posts previous where this has been quoted.

This just proves once again that people choose not to read the posts' date=' and react instantly. Just look a few posts previous where this has been quoted.
[/quote']

SG it's not their fault.. people see SKODA.. PROBLEM/ISSUE/HATE/etc etc.. and they charge onto the subject like a bat outa hell.. or is that into hell in this case?

So blame them not.

Cheers.

Well we have a Laura with the same problem printed in ACI april issuebeat that it must be some supplier defect or something .Skoda should check on its mechanical quality and not just interior quality .Also one thing who is ACI to say that Skoda is a reliable company .I think its the owners who are rightful to say that .The World is not mad saying VW and its companies are not much reliable.

This just proves once again that people choose not to read the posts' date=' and react instantly. Just look a few posts previous where this has been quoted.
[/quote']

SG it's not their fault.. people see SKODA.. PROBLEM/ISSUE/HATE/etc etc.. and they charge onto the subject like a bat outa hell.. or is that into hell in this case?

So blame them not.

Cheers.

this was just an oversight! have already sent my apologies to FRG....

Skoda cheats its customers... if its supporters can stay ignorant(or pretend to be) and still madly support Skoda like a crazy dog , my mistake is nothing.... anyways we cant expect much from Skoda supporters who want to point out on mistakes which are irrelevant and not significant to the point in question....

people dont know where they can get popcorn, you cant expect much them!
harryccc2008-03-25 12:49:20

Neither can we expect much of people who don't know how to type in proper English.

In your haste to slam Skoda, harryccc, your just proving how much of an ignoramous you are..

So pray.. continue..entertain us all..

Cheers.

i don't understand , how do people have so much time to waste fighting each other on a forum over english,im know more than u,etc etc......only 20 % people have something usefull to say,other just fight.i'll arrange a place and all these people can fight it out.

there is a scarcity of mature people on this forum

Wow... your REALLY living up to your name rishiRICH...

Instead of arranging a place to fight.. hows about arranging for a driver's school where people are taught not to ride the clutch of a car while driving?

Maturity you say.. HAH!!!

wah ZAVO well done,i knew hor koi bolle na bolle tu zarur kuch bakwas karinga,

keep it up

any other suggestion,

a driving school is coming up soon,i'll make u its principal,u can take a lecture on how to piss of people on road

It never fails to amaze me how purile we as Indian's are. Here's a case and point. The "Gentleman" in question(and I use that word VERY LOOSELY) has a habit of riding the clutch, thus causing a failur in the product.

HOWEVER..... he wants the company to pay for his mistake?

Secondly, Rishirich, you wanting to make me head of your driving school... sorry to inform you but if you can't spring for a new clutch for your car.. your WAY OFF from acquiring my services for anything.

@Manish, apologies....

I think this issue's past discussion... he got his clutch sorted out once for free.. now he wants it again.. come on...there's a limit to being a scrooge isn't there.

I'm sure that this car isn't the first and last clutch replacement that the dealer's done, so faulty installation...a bit far fetched in my mind.

Zavo2008-03-26 07:30:18

javo does it again' date='

wah wah wah.....

r u really a 1976 born or u just wrote that in ur profile, coz it does not reflect in ways u react to things.
[/quote']

Rishi you do one thing.

Get your octy's clutch assembly checked at a sevice center (may be or may not be Skoda Authorised one) BEFORE YOU. If you notice any worn out part get it replaced BEFORE YOU.

If even after replacing the parts you face the same problem WITHIN Short Time, then YOU ARE 10000000.....% RIDING CLUTCH.

Can you tell me on what basis you are saying that your octy's clutch has worn out?

sudeep thanks for the advice,but i know what is clutch over ridding is and i know i don't ,i don't need to perform that expensive experiment

and this is not the first or the only car i am drive,why does only skoda clutch goes bwooo

and this clutch problem actually is coz of flywheel of skoda cars,which is a established fact in europian market ,that octavia and octavia 2 face this problem very frequently,but in INDIA who cares when i there r people like zavo and may be u also who blame the customer instead, taking a insight into problematic situation

sudeep read ur last line latter, so for that ,go through the thread carefully once again and u will know why i started this thread and i never said my clutch was worn out,in fact i said my cars clutch was perfectly fine until one fineday it goes bwooo

for all the people who think i over ride clutch let me tel u that "80% for my cars running is on highways and secondly i don't like to sit on the clutch paddle

then how did this happen

........and the cow jumped over the moon...

smiley32.gif

One fine day in never never land.. the clutch plate just goes "BWOO"..

Happy birthday to one and all who were born yesterday!

Zavo: How can you make an assumption that the consumer misused the car and that caused the clutch plate to burn?

RishiRich: What you claim is immaterial out here, do you have concrete evidence that you don't drive the car with a heavy foot on the clutch? You need to build up a very strong case and prove that you've never misused the clutch. There are a billion rant-forums on the internet, you'll find people complaining of faulty mercs and toyotas and skodas, but the truth is that skodas are generally reliable.

Hey richirich27, there are too many customers complaining about the Skoda's clutch plate issues. Skoda is becoming to be synonymous for unreliable.

just dont bother about some ***** who go on supporting some some piece of junk with no good proof or logic.

dogs are always dogs, ***** are always *****. i will suggest you get rid of the junk and buy some peace of mind from Suzuki or Hyundai or Honda or Toyota, infact anything else apart from the junk....

Riding the clutch not 'ridding' can be detected by checking the flywheel to see if there are burn marks. And I think it was lucky that you managed to get one set under warranty as a clutch can be worn out in a day if the driver so desires. My mother has worn out 3 clutch plates within 30,000kms the first one within 8,000 kms I did not go rushing to the manufacturer for a replacement. When I do a clutch job I will never entertain a customer if he complains about it having worn prematurely. After replacing a clutch a trial is sufficient to tell whether the job was done ok or not assuming of course that good quality parts have been used. Looking at all the bad mouthing that Skoda is getting I think this is due in 99% to sour grapes. I am very very happy with the car in the 7 months that I have used it. The car btw was bought by me with 71,000 kms on the odo. The clutch was done at approx 51,000 kms and seems to have a fair amount of life left in it after 25,000kms covered