PrancingHorse

Pics: KTM Duke 390 with ABS Spotted Testing EDIT: Launched at 1.8 lakhs ex showroom Delhi

May be it was an economy run i.e. how many kilometer for exactly 1 litre of fuel . I hope Ktm don't become too ambitious with its pricing and go to much above 2 lakhs for this . The Duke 200 already is already a hooligan bike on the streets can't imagine how riding this one will feel.

May be it was an economy run i.e. how many kilometer for exactly 1 litre of fuel .

I cannot imagine this. I mean look at the bottle, it is crushed, looks like a used water bottle. Couldnt KTM use a decent one? Couldn't they jsut rely on Fuel tank by filling it with just one ltr?

Nice bike, looks really nice!

May be it was an economy run i.e. how many kilometer for exactly 1 litre of fuel .

look at it, it's actually lower than engine & it may be a temporary coolant tank, as most of the ktm bikes are oil cooled!

I cannot imagine this. I mean look at the bottle, it is crushed, looks like a used water bottle. Couldnt KTM use a decent one? Couldn't they jsut rely on Fuel tank by filling it with just one ltr?

& it looks like a repair job done on the street & on the streets you have to use what you have there!

Edited by CarCrazyASTL

The KTM RC390 could be launched here soon. Here is a pic of the bike spied testing in Pune

The RC390 is powered by the same 375cc single-cylinder, liquid-cooled engine found in the Duke 390. This motor produces 45 PS and 35 Nm of torque and comes mated to a six-speed gearbox.

post-9757-0-65205700-1391428579.jpg

Source

Wow..looks good.

But why is this bottle being used in 3rd photo from top?

Nice bike, looks really nice!

look at it, it's actually lower than engine & it may be a temporary coolant tank, as most of the ktm bikes are oil cooled!

& it looks like a repair job done on the street & on the streets you have to use what you have there!

Hi,

New bike test runs are always done this way. There are major differences in how a test bike looks and how it really rolls out in production. There are always thousands of man hours that go into thinking what should go where for the bike to really perform as the customer expects it to be (sometimes more that what's expected).

And personally if you see a bike being tested, it's subjected to very harsh conditions, which a normal user won't even think of going through. For the parts to not damage and to reduce the repair costs, the bikes are a little modified to be simpler and very rideable.

Venkys, i disagree with your second statement, where in you said

There are major differences in how a test bike looks and how it really rolls out in production.

Here are a two (of many) examples, which i hope will prove my point:

The Pulsar SS400

post-50246-0-95540100-1393524605_thumb.j

And The Harley Davidson Street 500 & 750

post-50246-0-61220800-1393524613_thumb.j

So as you can see here, these production ready bikes look so very similar to their test mules spotted earlier.

Hence i disagree with your statment. And infact, i'd say that test mules give a very good idea as to how the actual production version would look like.

The KTM RC390 will have a 373.2cc single cylinder 4-stroke water-cooled engine which produces 43bhp and 35nm of torque, making the bike capable of hitting a top speed of 175kmph.

To stop this beast, there is a 300mm disk at the front and a 230mm disk at the rear!

To absorb our bumps, the bike is equiped with a 125mm WP upside down forks at the front, while at the back there is a 150mm WP monoshock.

The features list includes items such as, Standard ABS, EIS (Electronic Ignition System), Underbelly Three Chamber Exhaust, Steel Trellisframe, Twin Headlamps and more.

Weighing at 147kgs (dry), this bike is expected to be priced between 2.20 Lakhs to 2.50 Lakhs.

Here is what the KTM RC390 actually looks like!

post-50246-0-96788600-1393525276_thumb.j

Source: http://www.ktm.com/s...ml#.Uw-CQYWJs24

And I though it would be just a adding a flaring job but they have raised the rear chassis and the seating position is sporty. I think KTM will put a close ratio gearbox to differentiate for its sibling 390

KTM RC 390 spied in full livery..Looks awesome White is the primary color of the fairing which carries prominent ‘KTM’ decals. The ‘RC’ decals can be found at the lower part of the fairing while the ’390′ decals are placed in an orange background below the ‘KTM’ decals. The rest of the bike is finished in black while the exposed frame and wheels get the signature KTM orange treatment

post-7828-0-10604900-1408621630_thumb.jp

Source