I bought a new swift zdi on march 15,2013.

i'm satisfied with the sound quality which is offered by my company fitted stereo,But it lacks Bass ,

i wanted to put up a 12' inch subwoofer with an amp for deep an rich bass, i usually listen rock songs sometimes classic oldies.

My budget is around 10-11k for both, (subwoofer and amplifier)

Please suggest for which model/company i would go for!

regards.

Abhinav

Hi & welcome on the forum!

You may go for Sony XS-GTX121LT, it's a from enclosure series & has a tube like structure! It's output is also awesome & you can get it for around 5-6k! & for amplifier I'ld suggest you Sony XM-GTX60412 it's a four channel one & has some decent output figures & you can get i for 4-5k!

Sadly for this budget, there are very limited options & similar products from JBL or Blaupunkt will cost you almost 4 times more!

Edited by CarCrazyASTL

thnx for your reply!

please tell me one thing,

can i install sony

XS-GTX121LC(subwoffer)

and

XM-GTX60212(amp) 2/1 channel

this will work good or not?

and

will this set-up will work fine ?

i mean this amp will give sufficient power to the sub at high volumes?

i came to know that some of the sony amps get heat up and stop working....!

regards

Abhinav Pandey

thnx for your reply!

please tell me one thing,

can i install sony

XS-GTX121LC(subwoffer)

and

XM-GTX60212(amp) 2/1 channel

this will work good or not?

and

will this set-up will work fine ?

i mean this amp will give sufficient power to the sub at high volumes?

i came to know that some of the sony amps get heat up and stop working....!

regards

Abhinav Pandey

Yes this setup will also do the job nicely, as rated output & input ratios matches! Not, only sony but all amplifier's have that heat problem, but as long as wiring is done correctly, it shouldn't be a issue! & I'ld suggest you to go for Sony XS-GTX121LT subwoofer, as it's tube like structure produces better output compared to conventional designs!

Yes this setup will also do the job nicely, as rated output & input ratios matches! Not, only sony but all amplifier's have that heat problem, but as long as wiring is done correctly, it shouldn't be a issue! & I'ld suggest you to go for Sony XS-GTX121LT subwoofer, as it's tube like structure produces better output compared to conventional designs!

CarCrazyASTL

i need your advice on putting a pair of 6x9's in my swift.

i have installed a sony bass tube which you have suggested with an apline 4 channel amplifier.

actually I'm having a sony mono channel amplifier XS-SW1 (rated power 140w at 4ohms,max power of 350w at 4ohms)

so in order to utilize it ,i thought for 6x9's for clear sound.

is this a good option?

if it is then please suggest me a pair of 6x9's.

i have gone through JBL, and PIONEER

but I'm a bit confused that this amplifier will work or not.

this amplifier was not able to pick the load of my bass tube(SONY XS-GTX121LT , rated input 300w)so i installed an alpine amplifier .

i'm a bit afraid that if i bought the speakers and the amplifier doesn't work properly.

please suggest me a good pair of 6x9's speakers whose power ratting matches my amplifier!

thank you in advance

Regards

Abhinav

A couple of things need to be taken care for a good audio installation. First and foremost is your sound preference, whether you give priority to SPL or to sound clarity. Secondly, what is kind of music you typically listen to. And third but most important, what is the kind of budget you have for the install. Bass Tubes typically offer decent SPL levels but lack the clarity/ definition. I would prefer a sub-woofer in a vented enclosure any day over a bass tube. An air-tight enclosure can also be used with a higher rated amp-sub combination but would also cost a little more. For a budget not exceeding 15k for a amp-sub combo, I would suggest a mono amp coupled with a 12" sub in a vented enclosure. Always remember to take notice of the impendence on both amp and sub and that the amp should be rated a little higher (about 15-20% more power) than the sub.