Sign in to follow this  
BonFre

ICE suggestions for Corolla

The OE 6CD in dash player in my Corolla has gone bust. It does not play CD's, only Tuner & cassettes work. Being an old player, even the options for AUX-in, USB, etc. are absent.

Presently I connect my iPhone through FM transmitter, Audio quality is only average. Now I want some solution that connects my iPhone seamlessly with the OE player.

The options that come to mind:

1) AUX-in from the OE stereo. Can this be done?

2) Solo iPhone docking station that can be connected to the OE system.

3) I've heard of in dash players that act as iphone docks, iphone just slides into them.

Any other options....

Born Free

Try option 1. It should be very simple. Currently my car has a Pioneer headunit without USB or any other external features. I connect my Ipod to the AUX output with a cable. Output is as good as anything else. Try it.

Try option 1. It should be very simple. Currently my car has a Pioneer headunit without USB or any other external features. I connect my Ipod to the AUX output with a cable. Output is as good as anything else.

I showed my cars OE system to a local technician, he said AUX-in is not doable on this. He was not the top person for the job, so I did not believe him fully.

If this works, would be great. Though I would still be missing the Touch-Screen experience in front because of absence of dock.

Take a second opinion. Im sure it will work because its the most simple solution really

But this would again require the 1st option! :P

The OE Double-Din is fixed on top of the dash, below that there is a small recess covered with a lid. I was thinking if a Single-Din(only for iPods/USB & NO CD) could go in there...