dr_nishu

Honda AMAZE i-DTEC First Drive

All-new 1.5. 98.6bhp diesel motor in Honda’s first compact saloon, Amaze, claims a record fuel efficiency of 25.8 kpl.

post-67-0-61663200-1364757146.jpg

With the Amaze, Honda embarks on a landmark innings in India. This is the company’s first compact saloon and first diesel car rolled into one and it has enormous potential here. The Japanese carmaker has a lot riding on the Amaze and it could very well catapult Honda to the pinnacle of the entry-level saloon segment. So, have they managed to get it right?

Based on the successful Brio hatchback, the new Amaze is almost specifically targeted at India. Its sub-four-metre length and options of a less than 1200cc petrol motor and less than 1500c diesel engine go towards ensuring that Honda can avail of the excise (tax on manufacturing) sops for small cars and make it affordable for the value-conscious Indian buyer.

post-67-0-24839600-1364757373.jpg

Honda’s 1.5-litre, 98.6bhp ‘Earth Dreams’ diesel engine is otherwise a peach. It has been tuned to be responsive from the word go and unlike many diesels, there’s no delay between you putting your foot downand the car shooting forward. It starts pulling well from as low as 1200rpm and power flows in a seamless manner all the way to 4000rpm.

In fact, the Amaze’s linear power delivery masks its performance because there is no sudden spike or surge of power. The wide powerband makes the Amaze really nice to drive in city traffic, where you need a responsive engine. You don't need to shift gears as often as in a Dzire and even when you do, you'll find the clutch is nice and light and the gearshift is positive and crisp.

(Read more at: http://www.autocarin...st-drive.aspx/1)

post-67-0-30614200-1364757196.jpg

-ACI

Looks like Honda has hit the sweet spot. I have no doubt that this will hit the jackpot for Honda in India. Well done Honda and now all you need to do is give the Amaze a nice. Dont be snooty now

I somehow dont like this product, im sure no one does ... Diesel motor is the only USP.

But glad that Honda finally is starting its Diesel innings in India :)

Another great product and with a diesel I am sure it is going to give nightmares to Maruti if the pricing is right and it is available on time in terms of delivery lag.

Diesel motor is the only USP.

Do give it a second thought dear, the exteriors & handling to an extend are the only negative. Even DZire is not a looker. Other than that, Amaze got so many things going for it, let me listout for you

1. Better WB, so more legspace

2. Honda's man maximum machine minimum, so expect Etios level of space

3. Honda's reliabilty

4. More power

5. More FE

6. Honda's Fit & Finish

7. Better interiors

8. LCO

9. Better AfSS

Honda is steeping in the trending market of the day. But, a vital question is here- "will it beat maruti"?

For me, the answer is 'NO'. Maruti certainly has a place here which is very difficult to achieve for others and i haven't seen much sales of the Brio and Amaze as in delhi.

Let's see what Honda has for us in the nearby future

From pure volume perspective, i can't see Amaze or any other CS beating Dzire, reason being the wide spread dealer/service network of MS.

However, as a product and desirable quotient, Amaze will be a far better product.

This could potentially be my next car(alongwith EcoSport)! Have a few concerns though & have these because I've owned Hondas in the past.

1) Being a newly developed Diesel, not thoroughly tested in the market, it could throw some surprises.

2) High NVH as stated above, Honda will surely work on this after they receive consumer feedback & add additional damping. So a V2 won't be far off.

3) Interiors sprucing shall also be acted upon, ofcourse customer feedback will push Honda to do that.

4) Brio Diesel could be in the pipeline. For someone like me who does not need/want/like a boot stuck on to an otherwise beautiful hatch, the hatch in diesel would be much more tempting. While saving some extra moolah + increased efficiency & pick-up.

While most Companies took the Hatch first & then followed by a Sedan route, Honda is onto a different ball-game. Good strategy.

So no more start and go for this Honda diesel unlike all their petrol counterparts. Start idle go slow for engine upkeep, finish journey idle turbo then feel the earth shake.

Not impressive honda.

Honda is steeping in the trending market of the day. But, a vital question is here- "will it beat maruti"?

For me, the answer is 'NO'. Maruti certainly has a place here which is very difficult to achieve for others and i haven't seen much sales of the Brio and Amaze as in delhi.

Let's see what Honda has for us in the nearby future

From pure volume perspective, i can't see Amaze or any other CS beating Dzire, reason being the wide spread dealer/service network of MS.

However, as a product and desirable quotient, Amaze will be a far better product.

Perhaps no, since the only real threat for MSIL in the last 2 decade was from Hyundai only. Even they could not beat MSIL and it is still #1 in the Indian car market. But yes, what Honda should be looking at is...that from CS Sedan perspective, right now Dzire is the #1 overall winner but with Amaze, Honda may like to grab the youth, urban population to take Amaze instead of Dzire and this could spell great story for Honda (after City).

Amaze prices are the KEY.

I say this because :

Personally ,Its Ugly Betty image , boring on the outside and brilliant on the inside will not do it good for people like me who value outside beauty equally.

Brio did not fare well because both of its price and looks , they brought the prices down but where can they hide the looks, though its beautifull inside.

Amazes mileage figures that are now talk of the town will not take it far.There have been earlier instances where both the mileage and price card have been played together,both the Nano and Old Fiesta have been playing this card to no effect.

Indians now need beautiful (inside and outside) cars and they better be reasonably prices because the premium that Honda used to command is a thing of the past.

Today it they have to the the leanest on price and meanest on specs.

Do give it a second thought dear, the exteriors & handling to an extend are the only negative. Even DZire is not a looker. Other than that, Amaze got so many things going for it, let me listout for you

1. Better WB, so more legspace

2. Honda's man maximum machine minimum, so expect Etios level of space

3. Honda's reliabilty

4. More power

5. More FE

6. Honda's Fit & Finish

7. Better interiors

8. LCO

9. Better AfSS

I agree, no doubts it will sell coz of the above points. But just was thinking what if Honda had'nt offered a diesel motor in the Amaze ?

It would surely wouldnt be much of a talk here.

What i mean is that the Diesel motor is the hero here & not the Amaze :)

The engine and Spacious interior than Dzire can make Amaze as segment leader.The torque value is really amazing.Honda always produce high quality car but their dealer service is not that great as their cars.Honda cars always deliver more mileage than ARAI approved Mileage.(Eg:Our Jazz used to deliver 16.9KMPL on city drive and more than 20 on highways constantly.This figures got slightly reduced once we changed tyres to Yokohama 195/60 R15.

End of the day Pricing will decide the success rate of the car.Honda should price it lower trim lever at 6L- and higher trim level at 8L for rediscovering their glorious days.

A typical Honda dealer reply after i dropped my mobile no n email id to contact me for booking Amaze.

pearl honda <sales@pearlhonda.com>

7:57 PM (20 hours ago)

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to rahulsingh1375, jsrana106, alok_tickoo, nandwani_g, amit2377, s.sharma61, sunderlal.2504, jangjitdhanda, mahimmongia, satbir_dahiya, tarun.gureja, monu87kund, girishdasila, hulpa2000.rp, sudhanshu_121, bhavnachhabra78, keystoneht, riteshbisaria, d.dsouza, captjsrekhi, abhi_shek_tanw., ahluwalia.mishu, nirmeshphp, atanu.haldae, fcgupta09

cleardot.gif

Dear Sir,

Thanks for approaching Pearl Honda.

Sir Launching Date of New Honda Amaze is 11/04/2013.

Prices, Brouchers, Colors, Varients, Delivery Time all confimations

will be done after launch.

we are accepting Bookings of Honda Amaze with Cheque of Rupees

50,000/- in favour of M/s. Kapsons Engineers Pvt Ltd.

Feel Free to call for any querry Regarding Honda Cars.

Thanks & Regards

Maninder Singh

Mob: 9717197109

After Amaze tasting success with the new diesel heart. Lets talk about its reliability, though enough time has not elapsed but still is any one facing problems with all new engine?

The car is getting rave reviews, however, it needs to be seen whether it can last the test of time. Besides that, if Honda continue to walk the current part, I think they will certainly give a good fight to Maruti. After all, Honda provides one of the best after sale services in the world.