Sign in to follow this  
dr_nishu

Ford EcoSport experienced: My Review.

post-67-0-10782900-1365193135_thumb.jpg

Looks/Exteriors: Anticipations paid.. (10/10)

Greatly Gorgeous & Macho enough which can keep the enthusiasts heart running, even now.

Overall the profile of the car is pretty small as compared to True blue SUVs but it's pretty for an SUV.

Full marks for the looks of the car.

post-67-0-99901900-1365193239_thumb.jpg

Interiors:

Being a Ford car, Driver's seat is the best part of the whole package. :)

Features: (8/10)

post-67-0-49582400-1365193747_thumb.jpg

The ergonomics, The cockpit layout, The console lighting(cool white), The distinctive features list like:

-4 Airbags on top-end variant.

-Ford SYNC feature.

-Driver seat left-side Armrest.

-Goggles/spectacle case.

-Driver seat lumbar support.

-Wide ranged 4-way adjustable driver seat.

-Properly laid steering mounted audio controls.

& many more features really make the car truly distinctive & stand-out of its competition, yelling that it's having something different to offer for a price than its competitors.

Interior space: (7/10)

post-67-0-29928400-1365193324_thumb.jpg

It is also good for front 2-seats but Rear seating gets very tight with front seats fully backwards, but who gonna do it, if we're average sized adults i.e upto 5.10ft.

Seating for 3 at Rear seat is also decent with no claustrophobic feel at all.

Boot space: (7/10)

post-67-0-71712000-1365193528_thumb.jpg

Surprisingly one will expect it too much after opening the hydraulic strut operated sideways opening Tail-gate like TATA Safari, but it unfolds a mere 360 litre hatchback Figo-sized boot space.

Considering the way the tailgate opens, i expected a 2 jump seats like Quanto, Safari, etc.

But anyways its not a priority for it & wide ranged adjustment of Rear seats like 60:40 folding & flat-bed option can really make this car very much versatile.

Engines:

Display vehicle was 1.0 litre EcoBoost petrol engine.

post-67-0-08709300-1365193874_thumb.jpg

Ala ! 1.0 litre for such a huge car !!

Last time when i heard of a 1.0 litre engine it was for tiny Alto k10 car engine, developing somewhere around 67PS but..

C'mon this Ford BOOST machine makes 125PS of Power, while delivering 20% more FE than similarly power rated 1.6 engines.

Definitely, here's something interesting to wait & watch. Rush !

1.5 TDCi Diesel & 1.5 Petrol from New Fiesta are also another engine options.

Other SUV traits include:

post-67-0-67578400-1365193985_thumb.jpg

200mm Ground clearance.

550mm water wading depth.

Verdict:

A great car coming to the Indian market soon with Powerful & Refined engines, Comfortable seating for average sized Indians, plethora of features/equipment list.

Would be definite rival & threat to Maruti Swift, Swift DZire & Hyundai i20.

But I don't think it can turn-on the Renualt Duster buyers.

Is indeed a great option while upgrading from Swift, Hyundai i20.

C'mon Ford, be ready to handle the queues for its waiting list, if the tentative price range is Rs.6-10 lacs price band.

Nice overview.. and I completely agree that this is going to give cold feet to maruti and hyundai.

At the same time, I believe this car will sure take away a few customers from Renault just for the upmarket interiors this car will offer.

I somehow do not prefer the usual grey interiors that come in a Renault. The new black silver accented ones look much better than the old greys.

Also, Duster is a very very old car in the European market even though its pretty recently launched in India. Ford on the other hand is a fresh car, much more aggressive looking with the carried over new Fiesta interiors fitting well. The equipment list looks good too. See no reason why it will not pull buyers from Renault.

post-67-0-10782900-1365193135_thumb.jpg

Looks/Exteriors: Anticipations paid.. (10/10)

Greatly Gorgeous & Macho enough which can keep the enthusiasts heart running, even now.

Overall the profile of the car is pretty small as compared to True blue SUVs but it's pretty for an SUV.

Full marks for the looks of the car.

Verdict:

A great car coming to the Indian market soon with Powerful & Refined engines, Comfortable seating for average sized Indians, plethora of features/equipment list.

Would be definite rival & threat to Maruti Swift, Swift DZire & Hyundai i20.

But I don't think it can turn-on the Renualt Duster buyers.

Is indeed a great option while upgrading from Swift, Hyundai i20.

C'mon Ford, be ready to handle the queues for its waiting list, if the tentative price range is Rs.6-10 lacs price band.

:rolleyes:

Nyc Information dear,

i feel it ll be an excellent package from Ford.. But the price bracket u mention here is somewhat high for the size of engine (may be highly refined) & 5 seater MINI SUV,..,

It must be in the bracket of (5.25 to 7.50 lakh) as per pictures and reviews of ACI..

**Duster is not a cool bird now, Company strategy is ready to launch few more versions just after the launch of this ford suv..

**Coming to Nissan (upcoming suv) they ll definately hit the ford in terms of pricing after the launch of ecosports.

**Why not to Remember Maruti & Hyundai or Chevy (they are Silent on SUV) but the concepts and news shared by one of the most trusted site autocarindia directly indicate the tough competition from these Co's too.

:ph34r:

FORD WILL NEVER USE PREMIUM PRICING FOR ECOSPORTS, I FEEL IT IS THE TIME TO PURSUE PENETRATION STRATEGY.

Note From Mod: While Quoting a post, use only a relevant part & not the entire post. Also don't create the entire post in Bold.

Edited by BonFre

Thanks for this wonderful write up doc. That is very detailed indeed. I missed out on checking the car in Mumbai but after reading your post, I dont mind. You have put down all details. Im waiting to try out the dual clutch AT Ecosport really.

Nishu sir, that's very nicely written! All depends on how the EcoSport is priced. Lets see if Ford can rework the Figo magic again.

They are trying their best to localise the product even more. Some localisation work is still pending as far as i know, hence the lauch date has been pushed till June.

Overall a fun-loving car. But, a 1.0 litre engine option is a no-no.

It's a big car, considering it's overall weight and all, 1.0 would be struggling. But, the other options are fine.

Duster and Ertiga are the main contenders for this baby beast.

Let's see how this Ecosport with ecoboost can boost up the sales!

Seems good indeed. Ford has to concentrate on the spare parts rate and should provide good after sales service to its customers. Only these factors will help it to maintain a decent market share.

Good Review there Nishu,

This car is going to be the True Swift Killer. Now the major fight in Indian Market is going to be Swift Vs Amaze Vs Ecosport, though all 3 are entirely different cars, theres going to be loads of cross shopping.

Overall a fun-loving car. But, a 1.0 litre engine option is a no-no.

Who cares whether it is 1L or 1.5L as long as you get 1.5L like torque & 800cc like FE?

Duster and Ertiga are the main contenders for this baby beast.

Ertiga is a people mover, Duster is costlier than this.

If you see clearly, it may eat into Duster, but its the i20,Swift Family & Amaze mainly targetted.

Edited by creativebala

Hey dr.nishu..

Nice mini review.I have been waiting for this mini SUV for quite some time... this review makes me love the ecosport even further.Once launched, I will explore it,evaluate & a lot depends on test drive review by experts,i really love cars with good ride & handling,i think being ford it wont disappoint me. You might see an owners review of ecosport soon. I am really interested in 1.0 Ecoboost. Have to wait for official test drive review of ecoboost engine, its mileage,power,driveability etc. Other engine option considered is the 1.5 litre tdci. It is an excellent engine to drive, very very driveable. But i am driving the 1.5 tdci engine powered new fiesta, so want to try the ecoboost.

Thanks all ACI-ians for your support.

No doubt, Ford might holds a bigger market share in market as compared to Honda in volumes, but regarding the fight between EcoSport & AMAZE, Honda has made the great impact & has seriously shaken the Diesel car market, while targeting a much wider price band of Rs.5-10 lacs.

I'm sure it's not exactly the wise decision to launch this car now as Ford should wait till the Dust blown by AMAZE settles down, either by various positive or negative reviews or huge bookings list with considerable waiting period.

TATA Safari STORME is the best example of 'Traffic light strategy', when it counter-acted the XUV500 effect & created a niche of its own.