Sign in to follow this  
PrancingHorse

Pics: New Skoda Octavia testing in India EDIT: Now unveiled

Right on heels of the Golf that is testing, pictures of the new Skoda Octavia have emerged testing on Indian roads. Skoda is preparing to launch the new Octavia in the coming months. Here is a picture of the all-new Octavia being tested in India.

post-7692-0-53575600-1365404189.jpg

Built on VW’s new MQB variable platform that allows for almost infinite variations in length, wheelbase and width, the new Octavia is 90mm longer and 45mm wider than the Laura. The wheelbase now stands at 2686mm, and that is just shy of the one used for the VW Passat.

The fit and finish on the inside has also been stepped up. Seams are almost invisible, the quality of plastics is improved for the most part, and the neat and simple design of the dash is quite appealing. Boot space stands at a generous 590 litres.

Infact a white Octavia has been spotted with the same black Golf that was posted in another thread

Great, seems the Octavia MQB is slated for an surprisingly early launch :P

BTW, last weekend en route to Pune i too spotted the new Octavia, here are the pics;

post-8809-0-58329100-1365404663.jpg

post-8809-0-74065000-1365404666.jpg

post-8809-0-69234300-1365404669.jpg

The car looked stunning in white and very futuristic.

Finishing was brilliant right from the smoked headlamps to the gloss black roof.

Was standing next to the car for about 5 mins, was really exciting to touch & feel the car in flesh biggrin.gif

As i was clicking pics the driver came running and made me not take more pics.

I had a small chat with him regarding the feel of the car & he said the car is much better now.

The car was on the way to Chakan.

Nice pictures F30. The rear tails lights remind of of the previous generation Audi A6. I love the front though. The number of engine options should help Skoda sell it for a good price.

I agree regarding the tail lamps resembling the A6 :P

I loved the car from every angle looks so composed.

Also the new smoked Skoda logo looked class apart.

Also note : The entire roof wasnt gloss Black, but only about 1/2 - 3/4th was, the rest bit was white (body colored)

First Generation Octavia redefined the Luxury car segment with its looks,power,features and economy. A luxury car with 19 KMPL was a dream that time.I remember their ad 1.9L Diesel engine, 190 top speed and 19 KMPL Mileage. Even Octavia was a spoil sport for other cars its segment like Civic.Finally it lost its market because of poor service efficiency of Skoda and Indian's preferred SUVs than sedan in 10-25 L range.

The third generation Octavia have stunning front and ordinary rear side.Tail lamp is too squarish and it look like VW and Audi's 1990 design. A small rework on tail lamp (Like Skoda Vision D ) with day running LEDs will make it more attractive.

The Octavia is the most awaited D Segment launch, it going to broke the shackles of the segment benchmarks the same way it did with the previous gen in India. There are three hallmarks of perfect D Segment car

1)Space

2)Style

3)Status

And Octy got it all.

The white car looks very upmarket. Jetta beware!

I always found the new Jetta overrated. Not a fan at all. I would pick a Laura any day. And with the kind of variants the new Octavia is said to come with, I have no doubt that it will eat the Jetta in totality. Cant wait to see the car in the flesh.

Though the rear resembles the Rapid, the new Octavia looks overall much nicer. Can't really comment upon the interiors much but it does look like a case of overuse of beige colour on the dash. We would have to wait till its launch to share our feedback. Its success would depend on whether Skoda is really keen on mending their ways when it comes to lowering the overall cost of ownership and improving customer experience.

I always found the new Jetta overrated. Not a fan at all. I would pick a Laura any day. And with the kind of variants the new Octavia is said to come with, I have no doubt that it will eat the Jetta in totality. Cant wait to see the car in the flesh.

I agree with PH...Jetta does not look like a c+ segment car at all...even verna looks better than that. Octavia is surely a nicer one than Jetta.

Whats the point in all this hoopla when at the end of the day you are going to have tears of blood when you enter the service station. A car is only as good as its after sales. Making amazing cars and burning a hole in the heart as well as the pocket when time comes for service is not my definition of a 'peaceful ownership' experience.

Great Post

This is sure to bring in the much needed customers to Skoda. Price being the key i am sure this will have people queuing in.

The front is amply aggressive , the rear still needs improvement reminds me of the old Audis

Skoda has unveiled the new Octavia in India today. The new Octavia will come with option of 2 petrol TSI and 1 TDI diesel engine. Launch during the festive season this year. The Laura will be discontinued after the new Octavia hits the roads. Here are some pictures

post-7692-0-60921800-1376053234_thumb.jppost-7692-0-77152700-1376053243_thumb.jppost-7692-0-29698000-1376053257_thumb.jppost-7692-0-81632300-1376053262_thumb.jppost-7692-0-11497600-1376053269_thumb.jppost-7692-0-03500900-1376053279_thumb.jppost-7692-0-90836300-1376053287_thumb.jppost-7692-0-54295700-1376053297_thumb.jppost-7692-0-10485600-1376053304_thumb.jppost-7692-0-54613000-1376053311_thumb.jp

Looks good & with Skoda trying to improve on a.s.s. could be a nice option.

There is no doubt on the quality and performance of this car, has received +ve reviews from most people.

Only concern remains is the price and A.S.S of Skoda.

One such action towards better service by Skoda has been to introduce an online service cost calculator.

It displays periodic service as well as some running repairs cost of it's cars.

http://www.skoda-auto.co.in/Service-Cost-Calculator

Brand new luxury & transparency in the after sales service can transform this beauty into desirable beauty.

Whatever VW will do, Skoda cars will remain upmarket all the time with their VW counterparts, courtesy- The way Skoda cars are designed to look & built to the feel.