viktheram

Need some help in buying a car

options

verna

city

corolla( if you could stretch your budget then you can go for the entry level one)

fiesta

fusion

suv

safari

scorpio

sumo

balero

my preference

1. corolla

2. safari

3. verna

a second hand optra would be the best choice...a 2005-06 model would come to u at around 5lac and u get a top notch quality,amazing ride comfort,but expect a mileage of around8-9 in city driving.....do go to areputed dealer and check for service history...

In hatches, consider the Ford Fusion, but spare parts prices are high. Alternatively, there is the Getz.

In sedans, if you are tall, then the Logan makes for a good choice. But its not the best looking car out there. Alternatively, you could check out the Aveo or the Fiesta.

But the ideal car to buy is the Honda City, its out of your budget though. Your wife will also find it easy to drive.

But realistically speaking, I would go with the Getz. Check out the CRDi variant as well.

FRG

Though i10 looks good , he wants a bigger spacious car and i10 wouldnt help in this aspect and so is the swift

If space is more concerned then SX4 should be a better choice or else the Fusion or Fabia , but Fabias engine isnt good , and i personally feel you shud go in for SX4

Regards,

priya

considering traffic n distances in Mumbai (actually Banglore is even worse in this sense) it would be advisable to opt for a diesel car. considering ur budget Ford Fiesta 1.4Tdci or Hyundai Verna 1.5VGT are the options available to select.

oh u looking for 6-7 seater now i read that.ok

Mahindra Scorpio 2.6 Crde is the best buy in ur budget. Innova is great but too big for city use. it would be cumbersome in Mumbai traffic. same applies to Safari. also service n spares cost r dirt cheap wen compared to Innova.even ur wife would be able to drive it with no issues. it is quite nimble in town. 

If you are doing about 1200km per month you are in the transition zone from Petrol to Diesel. I would stick with petrol, but then the choices are very limited. With the need for 7 seats the Innova (if it falls within the price limits) is the best bet.

You may also have a look at Maruti Versa it is the only 8 seater car in the Market that will fit your Budget, for all else you will either have to expand your budget or go for a non 6-7 seater car. Versa is a Good value for many proposition if you dont mind the looks, comes with dual A/c option, Power Steering/Windows etc.

What about second hand Skoda Octiva 1.9TDi with auto box.

I don't want to go in for a second hand car, The tavera sounds like a good option, could you pls tell me something more about this car. thanks guys smiley4.gif

Tavera is a good vehicle but is mostly used in the taxi market and if you are not concerned with this image of the vehicle...do have a look at Innova, which is a better vehicle and easier to drive (for both u n ur wife)!

You can also look at Scorpio and Sumo Grande (on display at Auto Expo 08)...dont know about the handling and ride but my cousin's wife drives her kids to school in a Scorpio lol!

Otherwise, u have Aveo, Fiesta, Optra Magnum, Skoda Fabia, SX4 and Honda City idsi Gxi or the Vtec!!!! smiley36.gif confused?smiley36.gif

well i would say tavera is not bad car at all..... fits in budget.... chevy car..... 7 -8 seater..... though you see a lotz of taxi tavera..... but thats because of it's high seating capacity and low cost.....