krudes

I-GEN I20 petrol mileage!!

Hey guys i have a petrol igen i20,6 months old. first time when i checked its mileage in city it was around 12.5 kmpl. Sometimes i travel around 40 kms a day. before the first service when i used to travel 40 kms a day not even a single stick of petrol in the instrument console was consumed. But after

first service if i travel around 35 kms a day also one single stick of fuel is getting consumed. please suggest me what to do? Or shall i take the car to service center and get it tuned for mileage?? Please help me guys... :) model is ASTA 1.2 petrol

12.5 kmpl figure for hyundai i20 1.2 petrol is absolutely correct for city driving conditions with AC on. There is no need to worry in my opinion. Just take care of cleaning the air filter at regular intervals for proper fuel efficiency.

Hey guys i have a petrol igen i20,6 months old. first time when i checked its mileage in city it was around 12.5 kmpl. Sometimes i travel around 40 kms a day. before the first service when i used to travel 40 kms a day not even a single stick of petrol in the instrument console was consumed. But after

first service if i travel around 35 kms a day also one single stick of fuel is getting consumed. please suggest me what to do? Or shall i take the car to service center and get it tuned for mileage?? Please help me guys... :) model is ASTA 1.2 petrol

Do you face heavier traffic than ealier? What are the other factors which you notice?

Trust me you are getting at par FE for city driving condition . Never trust the bar on newer i20 varients (I have analog one which is a bit better indicator) always check by tankful method. I hardly get more than 13.5kpl in Mumbai city in i20 D

For knowing any of Hyundai cars FE, just ask the Suzuki's rival's FE and subtract 2-3kmpl.

Yeah.. but my 2012 Ritz Diesel gives 17 KMPL in Delhi city traffic with 100% AC in summers and 20-21 KMPL in winters (i just checked this in this last winters). If we go by your formula then also the i20 D figures are very low.

Isn't it???

Yeah.. but my 2012 Ritz Diesel gives 17 KMPL in Delhi city traffic with 100% AC in summers and 20-21 KMPL in winters (i just checked this in this last winters). If we go by your formula then also the i20 D figures are very low.

Isn't it???

hi Sstar,

Our Swift D also gives around 17 with AC, but when operating in heavy congestion like Chandni chowk streets and alike, FE often drops to 15Kmpl.

In winters though, with carefeul driving, 20Kmpl is achievable.

On i20, my friend used to traverse daily from Kalkaji to Noida, and got 18Kmpl in winters.(i20 has a slightly bigger heart than Swift/Ritz D which could be playing it's part.)

I had bought my I-GEN i20 last April. I am able to extract an average in the range of 14 - 15 on the crowded Delhi roads - AC on all the time.

Highway - I have been able to extract 16-18 kmpl on Delhi - Jaipur - Jodhpur

IMO, i20 is a better car then Swift or Ritz. Our neighbours own a i20 petrol and they told me it gives around 13-14 in city and in highways 17-18 with 100%ac on. And i think the diesel's mileage will be +2. And i20 looks and features are also better than of swift or ritz.

My Fiat Punto MJD gives 18-20 kmpl on highways and 14-15 kmpl in heavy traffic.

My Linea D delivers similar to punto in city and heavy traffic conditions. But on highway it delivers slightly better.

My Pallio Stile 1.1 petrol gives 13-14 kmpl in city driving conditions and on highway it delivers around 17-18 kmpl.

Average speed in city is 30 kmph and on highway it is 90 kmph for all my cars. AC switched on at all times.

Astonishingly my Fiat Uno D delivers 25 kmpl without AC on highways !

FE really depends on the traffic conditions , I stay in Mumbai were there is literary no space to walk than drive so in peak hour traffic 10kms are covered in 45 mins so go figure why my FE is low. In non-peak hour traffic I get around 15.5kpl easily , on highway runs I get 22-25 easily (with 4 people and boot full) when I average top speed upto 110kmph.

Also the i20 is heavier than the Swift/Ritz/Micra/Liva etc but then the build quality and space is also bigger. The Punto and Linea on the heavier end also suffer in the in-city FE due to weight penalty.

If you are sure with the fuel reading indicator, go for tuning only after talking to the Company customer care. Do it technically and don't rely on mechanics. In my opinion a company tuned car shouldnot be tuned in the local service centre or workshop. They dont have the complete setup to do it technically

My igen i20 petrol gives 12+ in city and in highways 17-19. It has completed its second service. I think its good F/E and as rssh said i20 is slightly heavier than swift/ritz/micra/liva. So that FE is really good. :)

Hi Folks,

After a long consideration i shifted myself from Maruti Swift to Hyundai i20 I Gen Sportz petrol.

I picked up my car on 1st September 2013 from Modi Hyundai Kanjur Marg , Mumbai and really love the way the car handled the roads.

I have already put 3500 km in 2 months with 1st free service done.

My car caught on fire at my apartment complex parking lot just 30 minutes after I parked.

This is the result of a mechanical fire in the engine compartment engulfing all major components under the hood.We literally had to break open the hood to contain the fire.

After a good effort of almost 1 hour we managed to cut the fire by sand and water mix.

Really dejected and disgusted by turn of events.

Current parked at the Modi Hyundai Workshop at Bhandup west Mumbai waiting for Hyundai Inspectors to evaluate the cause of fire.

This is really a sad turn of events.

The only silver lining to this is that at least we were lucky that it didn't catch fire while i was driving with my entire family.

Need you advise .

post-58550-0-24602700-1383647557_thumb.j

post-58550-0-73885100-1383647566_thumb.j

post-58550-0-73289800-1383647575.jpg

post-58550-0-26022900-1383647584.jpg

post-58550-0-22124500-1383647592.jpg

post-58550-0-52707700-1383647596.jpg

post-58550-0-89664300-1383647672.jpg

i really hope you have taken the 0 depreciation insurance cause I think to get it back on the street it need a new engine. A rat can really chew fuel line these days (they are that strong) and you are lucky that the car was at a stand-still . I have had problems with rat myself who shorted my alternator wires and the airbag module also got bust.

Lets hope these is no chassis damage because if there is chassis damage then you will need a new car and you can claim new are from insurance people but will have to shell out the road tax + miscellaneous charges.

It must have been really horrifying watching the car catch fire. Any chance if a fire-cracker didn't cause the fire ?

Edited by rssh

Hey Guys,

i have recently bought the i20 sportz on 21st Oct-2013.

About the mileage i am little confused with it, as when i bought it i heard initially we get less mileage and after 1st service and then 2nd it gradully increases and then get stable after second service.

I have already covered my 2500Kms in one month.

In very begining i got 9Kmpl in city but i never took it to highways for around first 200Kms.

Later i took it on highway and surprisingly i got the avg of 18.2Kmpl(with 100%AC). which amazed me and made me happy that i have not chosen the swift instead of i20 jsut because of avg.

After my first service done at around 2000kms, i found that my avg has been decreased, is this normal or do i need to get it checked with service center and get it tuned back to its original tuning.

P.S : Car is just baught so engine is VTVT 1.2L sportz model.

Plz suggest with ur comments.

Welcome to Autocar Forums and Same pinch!! I too own a igen i20. congrats for your new car.

There's no need to worry about that. Its just normal. After your second service you will see a significant rise on FE. And 18.2 average is very good FE, sometimes happens :D.

PS: How about an ownership review of your i20 :)

My i-gen i20 Petrol is giving me a mileage of around 9kmpl in City (Mumbai). On Highway, got around 13kmpl (Mumbai-Pune Expressway). I think its very less, but I have only done 1700 kms so far. I am expecting it to increase maybe after the 2nd Service.