Sign in to follow this  
dr_nishu

DSK Hyosung to launch 125-150cc bikes in India

Leading Korean bikemaker -Hyosung motors in on a spree of successfully launching cost effective high powered Cruisers(Aquila) & Sportsbike range in India. With already having successful presence in those segments Hyosung Motors, Korea with its Indian partner DSK motors are soon going to launch localised small displacement i.e 125-150cc bikes in India. Expect them to competitively priced here in India due to component localisation & local manufacturing.

(A news excerpt)

post-67-0-58858000-1367005390_thumb.jpg

DSK Hyosung is making a steady progress in India in the recent months.

DSK Motowheels, the parent company is on a mission to increase the dealership count across the country. We brought you the news that the company inaugurated its 25th outlet in Chennai yesterday.

In addition the company is planning to invest around Rs. 300-350 crore on a new 100 acre plant which is expected to be located in Maharashtra. The work on the new plant is likely to commence in 6-8 months.

Economic Times reports that the Indo-South Korean joint venture entity is also planning to bring motorcycles in the 125cc-150cc category. Currently, DSK Hyosung sells motorcycles ranging from 250cc to 650cc including sportsbikes and cruisers.

Speaking on the sidelines of the Chennai showroom inauguration, Mr. Shirish Kulkarni, MD of DSK Motowheels stated that, “Hyosung world over has motorcycles with engine capacity ranging between 125cc to 700cc. We will start with 125 cc and 150cc engines.” There are 125cc bikes like GT125R, GV125C and RT125D in its global portfolio.

DSK Hyosung has managed to sell around 1,200 units in India since June 2012 and the company expects to take the number beyond 2,000 by the end of this year.

(IAB & ET)

Atlast, we are going to see some actin in 125cc space.

First its Disco ST, then upcoming Pulsar NS, next Faired KTM, next Hyosung,....

Sleep Yamaha, Sleep.... start manufacturing TVS's Mofa, Baja Sunny's lookalikes for Rs 15K

Edited by creativebala

DSK Hyosung has done great by introducing the GT250.It was amazing to see a beauty on road with that bright red paint job roaring between the traffic. I just loved the dual front disc brakes.

And, with this news, i am just holding my breath to see more Hyo babies on road.. :P

if hyosung can bring this fully faired bike within the price of 55K to 60K...it would be tough for others

Our decade(s) old passion itself costs more than 55k today. If hyosung can price it less than 90k, it will become a big hit.

On 4/29/2013 at 3:42 PM, Sstar said:

if hyosung can bring this fully faired bike within the price of 55K to 60K...it would be tough for others

I think the price point will be close to 1.5 lakhs. That may attract some buyers, not all.