PrancingHorse

Would you buy a fully loaded hatch or a bare basic sedan?

Which car would you buy?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you choose?

• Fully loaded hatch
    • Low end variant sedan

post-7692-0-25762000-1367552776.jpg

The hatch market is not what it used to be like before. They come loaded with all the goodies and a slew of variants. Heck we now even have a DSG box on offer. At the same time, the typical Indian mentality is of that if you have a boot you have a big car and that it actually shows off their status. There are entry level sedans which come with absolutely no goodies and are bare basic in nature. But they do sell because they have a BOOT and is a sedan .."Badi Gaadi"

So my question is this. If given the choice, would you buy the top end variant of a hatch which comes with all the bells and whistles or would you go for a bare bones sedan?

Adding a poll here too. Vote on

Voted for Fully Loaded Hatch, I would even have voted for a bare-bones hatch than a sedan conceived from the same hatch. But general Public will still pick an ugly Sedan over a modern hatch any-day, reasons for which already cited in OP.

PH, your vote..?

In day to day driving , people generally do not get to the point of even touching the boot , let alone opening it and seeing the contents inside.

What you do see is the car interiors and its equipment levels , so am opting for a High End Hatch, not to mention these would be more entertaining and safe.

Ofcourse ,if i was a tour/taxi operator i will buy a three boxer.

I guess all the voters (myself included) live in bustling urban areas where a fully-loaded (big) hatch is a lot more practical than a sedan. Bare-bones sedan? Must be unsafe, without the ABS, airbags and traction control- and limited build quality. Must be cramped, with little interior passenger space. Must also be boring to drive.

Badi gaadi, choti ho gayi! Bech daal? :lol:

I'd love to drive and park an actually bigger Renault Megane or Ford Focus ST near a so-called big car, the Honda Amaze or Suzuki DZire, and let people around know what really is a big car.

@Pracing Horse,

you should have added something more to the poll.

If I am to choose between Swift Diesel & Sail Sedan, I would buy a Swift, but not with 100% heart, because my heart still would long for a Used good condition Civic.

So a used premium Sedan can also be added.

Obviously all the petrol heads would vote for fully loaded hatchback as I did . But in a real sense many will buy a sedan bare bone I have seen this plenty of time and have argued with it but people claim "I got a promotion and need a bigger car" no wonder they bought a Dzire after having the Vista and now they aren't happy (spoilt by Vista's rear seat and 3 people abreast in the rear seat) .

Voted for Fully Loaded Hatch.

I myself was totally surprised.

Because, I never owned a hatch in my life.

Had two sedans, one Omni and now one Xylo.

But, why did I vote for a Hatch ?

Because, it is fully loaded. And, the entry level sedan is not.

And, I always prefer to have a car which is fully loaded, whether

it is a hatch or a sedan (or a Xylo... for that matter).