Sign in to follow this  
maverick786us1

Is Enfield the most stable Indian bike

I am 6'1, looking for a tough, stable, safe bike for passion. Enfield was always in my mind since I was a kid. However looking at frequent motorbike accidents in Delhi which are most of the time fatal. What would be your general openion on a 500CC Electra?

While the Enfield is a cult bike it definitely needs more upkeep than your usual commuter bikes. An Enfield requires a lot of attention to keep it running smoothly. But seeing your criteria and your height, I feel the 500 Electra would suit you perfectly.

Do tell us your decision and ride safe.

Yes I know that enfield requires high mentainence cost. By stable I mean stability on the road. If you look at pulsar people say that it is the most succeful bike in India. But one of my friend told me that it is an unstable bike, because its front half is heavier compared to rear half making it unevenly weight. A stable bike should be evenly weight weighted from all the sides.

Since enfield is a heavy bike, with broad wheels, it should have a better grip on the road and should have less chances of skidding (unless someone is riding on sand or slippery surface or if wheels have excess air). So what is your general openion on the stablity and safety while riding in roads on Delhi where fatal bike accidents are most common?

Theoretically there're no such stats for its stability but Practically(on-road) it is stable because of its low-center of gravity & mass centralization, as most of its weight is concentrated in & around the engine area.

Handling-wise, Bullet is nothing infront of other bikes in India but where it really excels is its 'Straight-line stability'.

Infact Yamaha bikes are one of the best in terms of handling curves & same holds true of Indian Yamaha performance bikes too(FZ & R15 onwards).

Theoretically there're no such stats for its stability but Practically(on-road) it is stable because of its low-center of gravity & mass centralization, as most of its weight is concentrated in & around the engine area.

Handling-wise, Bullet is nothing infront of other bikes in India but where it really excels is its 'Straight-line stability'.

Infact Yamaha bikes are one of the best in terms of handling curves & same holds true of Indian Yamaha performance bikes too(FZ & R15 onwards).

Whats wrong with its handling?