PrancingHorse

Chevrolet launches the Enjoy. Prices starting at Rs. 5.49 lakhs Ex Delhi

post-7692-0-02570300-1368084075_thumb.jp

Chevrolet has launched the Enjoy MPV in petrol and diesel.

1.4 petrol engine with 104 PS @ 6,000 rpm Torque of 131 Nm @4,000 rpm.

1.3 diesel engine with 77.5 PS @ 4,000 rpm Torque 188 Nm @ 1,750 rpm

Available in 4 variants and 7 and 8 seater configurations

Offered in 6 colours

Standard 3 year/1,00,000 km warranty.

Chevrolet Promise on Enjoy 3 years or 45,000 kms (whichever is first)

Prices are as follows:

Petrol

LS 8 Seater - 5.49 Lakhs

LS 7 Seater - 5.54 Lakhs

LT 7 Seater - 6.31Lakhs

LTZ 7 seater - 6.99 Lakhs

Diesel

LS 8 Seater - 6.69 Lakhs

LS 7 Seater - 6.75 Lakhs

LT 7 Seater - 7.42 Lakhs

LTZ 7 seater - 7.99 Lakhs

Autocar India review of the Chevrolet Enjoy

Pics from the event:

post-7692-0-76250600-1368084201_thumb.jppost-7692-0-93041900-1368084091_thumb.jppost-7692-0-72309300-1368084099_thumb.jppost-7692-0-82719700-1368084124_thumb.jppost-7692-0-82353000-1368084171_thumb.jppost-7692-0-34210600-1368084183_thumb.jppost-7692-0-03930300-1368084213_thumb.jppost-7692-0-91364900-1368084148_thumb.jp

Killer pricing from GM.

Factors Favoring GM

Huge Space

Nice handling (as per some reviews)

Price (although introductory)

Full grown MUV

Factors Favoring MSIL

tried and tested

good equipment list

IMO, Enjoy will enjoy a good start and take away chunk from all the established MUV

Hi all,

I have my own apprehensions about the product.Reviews confirm that the product has a lot of "Made in China" parts as standard and the quality is "El-cheapo", whereas Ertiga's cabin is far better. During the test drive , the AC kept doing ON/OFF and the NVH is pretty bad.

I don't think, it is going to shake Maruti's number soon.

These are introductory prices and if at all they would be revised to go up.

Agreed Ertiga is superior to it , has better FE for both (Petrol/ Diesel) variants (16/21) vs the (13.7/18.2) of the Enjoy , Also agreed that SAIC is known for being just a competitive ,value product provider.

But here is another fact Enjoy is the cheapest 7 seater MUV in India and that alone make it a force to reckon with.

May not affect the top variant sales of Ertiga but will surely eat into its lower specked variants.

Chevrolet is trying hard to increase their line-up but somehow I feel that they are failing in wooing the customers or there is some serious problem in getting their products marketed properly through various means of media. Or people are expecting something like Beat / Cruze in terms of interior and exterior design from Chevrolet and not UV-A / UV-A Sail kind of products.

Enjoy looks like mix of Ertiga and Evalia.

Evalia though has Brand image, robust engine and decent interior still struggles to burn the sales charts whereas Ertiga wins with it's fresh design (non MUV look), nice interiors and brand reliability.

Enjoy seems to have potential as there is growing market for 7 seater vehicle but it may not attract with basic exterior and dud interior design. Everything in "Enjoy" looks just "BASIC" nothing seems something "Exclusive".

This is a competitive pricing, and will make ENJOY as VFM. It may not be as premium as Ertiga feels and as low maintenance as Xylo but this is for sure that it will attract lot of customers from sedan segment (CS) who have bigger familes but can not afford 1 or 1.5 lac + Ertiga or Xylo.

I think the only -ve is the cabine feel. This is one area where lots of people would sacrify their wish just to grab the amount of space it provides than ERTIGA.

People with family to carry, they will surely buy this. Apart from this TAXI segment may not flood too soon, as they would be looking for proven statistic like of a Xylo. They would not invest in ENJOY in hurry without seeing its long term maintenance.

^^

Are you sure this isn't the dealer dispatch( Showroom piece & Demo vehicles ) and proper sales?

Because say, GM has 200-300Showroom across country, min 3 vehicles is needed at every shop(1 Demo, 1 Petrol TD, 1Diesel TD) and will have some cars in stock.

So far, I have seen only 1 Enjoy that too in Bangalore outer, nothing in Chennai so far.

Edited by creativebala

LOL ,

you are not convinced ? Even if you remove the odd 900 cars , there are still lot many sold .

Now don't say they also are required to maintain a specific number as ready stock.

:D

Frankly speaking i have not seen a single one plying on Delhi's roads

But here is another fact Enjoy is the cheapest 7 seater MUV in India and that alone make it a force to reckon with.

Forgot Tata Venture, of late I am seeing more Venture. Have seen only 2 Evalias and 1 Enjoy.

This is a very good product for Indians but killed by Tata's marketing.

Just slap in a CR4, advertise carry 7 @ 23kmpl for 5L, with some aggressive marketing campaign.

Forgot Tata Venture, of late I am seeing more Venture. Have seen only 2 Evalias and 1 Enjoy.

This is a very good product for Indians but killed by Tata's marketing.

Just slap in a CR4, advertise carry 7 @ 23kmpl for 5L, with some aggressive marketing campaign.

You hit the bull's-eye. It is indeed a good product, but lack a good engine. Can TATA put CR4 1.4L engine in it? If they can, this is a good volume churner for sure.

@bala

thats an unfair comparision.

If you feel its fair , heres my contender Maruti Omni , with two bench seats facing each other , one right behind the drivers seat with headrests touching each other and the other right at the back next to the boot door.

Recently I have seen couple of Enjoy and overall it looked nice and not too big like evalia and not too small.

Due to it's competitive price and practical nature enjoy will remain one of the choice for people who are looking for a decent 7 seater.

@bala

thats an unfair comparision.

I've seen both Enjoy & Venture personally. IMHO, the advantage Enjoy has is the front overhang.

Venture is longer(cabin), Tata(cheaper spares), its NO CHINESE, with CR4 it will be super FE & Powerful, Dual AC, low turning radius, sub 4 Metre,....

And remember, its coil springs at rear and not like OMNI, so suspension will also be good.

And think if Tata advertises ventureCR4 the specs comparo with enjoy, Venture will win in every step and if Tata adds 'Not a Chinese', Venture will sell well.

tata-venture-interiors.jpg

Chevrolet-Enjoy-interior.jpg

Edited by creativebala

@bala

Venture may be a step ahead in some point but it's more inclined towards commercial use than used for personal purpose.

You can take enjoy with family / alone , on social visits / long drive / business purpose but "Venture" does do not fit where "enjoy" fits well and look bit odd and too big.

Enjoy is quite well balanced inbetween Ertiga and Evalia. Let's see how far "Enjoy" goes.

@bala

In Delhi we have what we call a Gramin Seva , these were introduced few years back when the private operators bus permits were cancelled , these were required to fill in the void that the was thus created , these bus operators then bought a fleet of Ace, soft top and hard tops alike , to ferry passengers .

So this is the first thing that comes to my mind when you say Ace Venture , let me sight another example , there is a company called JC Deaux assigned to clean the newly erected stainless steel bus stops we have in Delhi , they also use the Ace , or some modified version of the same.

With this back drop who will buy an Ace .

You might argue that your Venture is a much refined product than the crude form that i am talking about , but the point remains the image it has is hard to let go.

Also personally its too much boxy and looks like a BRICK on wheels.

Same story here too,

Ace remains, the Share Auto( read mini bus ) in chennai. Venture bearing Ace's face is a big negative for its sales, but the current sales of (100-200) can easily be increased drastically by marketing. IMHO, its a very good package.

About being shy for driving Venture, I would any how feel bad to drive a Xylo, Enjoy, Sumo,.... so why neglect Venture. Venture is all about practicality & VFM, which Indians want, but Tata doesn't know how to promote.

In short, it can win some sales from Bolero sales in village, some office pickups from Taveras,.... etc

@Libran,

Boxy looks isn't too bad for this segment. Eeco is again not a looker. The other boxy vehicle, a.k.a Qualis was a big hit. If this same vehicle bears Maruti or Toyota logo, the sales would be 10 times more.

Edited by creativebala

I feel there are advantages as well for being a boxy designed car. you get more head room, leg room because the sitting arrangements are in correct angle.

Secondly, being boxy does not mean people would not like it...had this been the case the OMNI would not have sold like the way it has been for decade.

In my opinion, the Venture is very capable vehicle but all it needs is a good CR4 engine from Indigo CS, a premium looking face...and a tag like "An Indian Family Car".

People would love to own it.

I think someone should bring this business possibilities in to TATA Motors' mind.

Edited by Sstar

Another ace up Chevy sleeve , there are reports doing the round that they are developing a sub 4M Enjoy ,they seem to be getting really aggressive here.

Moderators just confirm these reports with your industry sources and start with a new thread if found to be correct.

Another ace up Chevy sleeve , there are reports doing the round that they are developing a sub 4M Enjoy ,they seem to be getting really aggressive here.

A La..Quanto-ish Enjoy.