PrancingHorse

New Hyundai i10 spied; EDIT: Grand i10 Launched

Hyundai will launch the next generation i10 (re-badged as Brilliant) in the first week of October 2013. The new i10 will be positioned between the current i10 and i20, thereby becoming the fifth hatchback from Hyundai to be on sale in the country.

Company believes in giving customers choice, even if it means cannibalisation to a certain extent. The Korean automaker has been testing the Hyundai Brilliant for quite some time now.

The Hyundai Brilliant will be offered with a choice of engines, including a 1.1-litre diesel motor which will boost sales to a great extent. This car is not only bigger than the i10, it is also significantly better in terms of dynamics. Hyundai is working hard to tweak the underpinnings to give the vehicle a very mature balance of ride and handling. Hyundai’s philosophy of loading the vehicle with features has lured many buyers to the brand and the company will offer a plethora of standard equipment on the Brilliant as well, which includes a push button start, keyless entry, climate control and ESP. The all new i10 is sure to enjoy the same levels of success as its predecessor.

The new i10 will be a better offering from Hyundai which has so far not able to challenge Swift at all. We should expect.

New 1.1L diesel motor (Hyundai’s smallest yet)

Same 1.2L Kappa2 petrol engine

Interiors an improvement on the current i10, which already offers segment-leading quality

Seats are expected to feature adjustable headrests (unlike the integrated units of current i10)

More legroom for rear passengers

Front styling like i20

A higher standard of crash worthiness

Source: MotorBeam

Edited by Sstar

Looks like AutoCar.UK had a chance to review the new i10 http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/hyundai/i10/first-drives/hyundai-i10-prototype-first-drive-review

Feature list has some first in the segment features: :D

Cruise control, a multi-function steering wheel, all-round electric windows, switchable ESP, keyless entry, push button start, climate control and even a heated steering wheel were all included on the test mule Autocar drove two months ago. Although undoubtedly spec-heavy for assessment purposes, it seems certain that Hyundai’s strategy for offering considerably more for much the same money will continue aboard the new i10.

Excerpts from a Motorbeam article:

The Hyundai Brilliant has been received by ARAI, who have started their certification process already. Hyundai is targeting a 25 km/l plus ARAI mileage figure for the 1.1-litre diesel Brilliant, our source informs us. The 3-cylinder diesel unit belts out around 75 BHP of power and 160 Nm of torque. The next generation i10 will be officially unveiled at the 2013 Frankfurt Motor Show, with India sales beginning in the first week of October. The Brilliant will sit between the current i10 and i20, thereby competing directly with the Maruti Suzuki Swift, who is the current segment leader.

Complete article - http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/hyundai-brilliant/hyundai-brilliant-reaches-arai-for-certification/

Read more at http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/hyundai-brilliant/hyundai-brilliant-reaches-arai-for-certification/#RtETG2xixvd60zlB.99

The all new Hyundai i10 aka ‘Brilliant’ debut in India is just a few months away, hopefully during begining of festive season 2013 itself.

The Hyundai Brilliant is bigger and better in all respects compared to its predecessor and Hyundai has made a big effort to make the Brilliant/New i10 more upmarket. The Hyundai Brilliant just like the current i10 will have the 1.2 engine. The diesel that we are interested in---it will be a three cylinder version of the i20′s 1.4L diesel engine. We expect the Hyundai Brilliant to make 68 bhp and around 160 Nm of torque along with high fuel economy of 24-25kmpl (diesel).

Essentially there are 4 products for India from Hyundai till 2015

1) A BA Hatchback call it New i10 , i15, Brilliant or whatever based on the Kia Picanto

2) A CS based on the Hatchback , this would be a replacement for the Accent.

3) A MPV to counter Ertiga and the likes

4) A SUV Hexa Space

1) A BA Hatchback call it New i10 , i15, Brilliant or whatever based on the Kia Picanto

2) A CS based on the Hatchback , this would be a replacement for the Accent.

3) A MPV to counter Ertiga and the likes

4) A SUV Hexa Space

It is official now...Hyundai India has plans to introduce 4 new models starting with their code named car 'BA' which is going to be launched in Aug-Sept 2013.

Source: Overdrive.

Edited by Sstar

Thats definately not the interior found on the test mule pictured above because the interiors are different .Check this link out

Also if the interior in the above pic is of the i10 then the testmule spotted is definately the i15 because when I spotted the test mule at parking it had different vent design as well as the 2 din music system .Also the intrument pod design was differernt.

There is a newspaper report in todays HT saying " Hyundai to launch Grand i10 next month" . Expected price is 5-7.2 L for Petrol Variants and 5.5-7.5 L for Diesel Variant. After the india Launch , Grand i10 will be unveiled at the Frankfurt Motor show and will replace the Existing i10 globally , while in india both will co-exist

Its sad to see that the ABS and Airbags are optionals extra on the top end varient they could have had them optional in the Sportz varient too. Also the Best part about the car the diamond alloys are again optional ,talk about milkinng the cow . Hope they have agressive pricing to justify them.

Its nothing new even the i10 Magna has 2 wiper settings wereas the Sportz has 4 settings . If you change the wiper knob in Magna to the one on the Sportz it will also have more settings. Anyways Hyundai never promotes the ERA varient and if one chooses to buy the i20 ERA they will make a weird face and say waiting for 4 months for any engine option.

If the Asta top end is priced more than 7.3 on road Mumbai then it may not be a VFM.

Edited by rssh

Hyundai i10 Grand launched in Petrol & Diesel engine options:

The Hyundai Grand i10 is available in four trims – Era, Magna, Sportz and Asta.

1.2 kappa2 Petrol:

Era -Rs 4.29 lakh,

Magna -Rs 4.49 lakh,

Sportz -Rs 4.88 lakh,

Asta -Rs 5.47 lakh.

1.1 U2 CRDi diesel:

Era -Rs 5.23 lakh,

Magna -Rs 5.43 lakh,

Sportz -Rs 5.82 lakh,

Asta -Rs 6.41 lakh

(ex-showroom, Delhi).

Hyundai has stated that these prices are introductory.

The car comes in two engine options, a 1.1-litre, three-cylinder U2 VGT diesel motor that develops 70bhp, and the familiar 1.2-litre Kappa petrol engine with a four-speed automatic gearbox as an option. The diesel returns an ARAI-rated 24kpl.

-Autocar India

@dr_nishu, thanks for the update.

Any idea, what are the prices of Asta (O) model as safety features (ABS, airbags) are being offered in that variant only.

I tihink it should be Asta price + 60K

If the Asta top end is priced more than 7.3 on road Mumbai then it may not be a VFM.

A guy shelling out 7.3 would look at D'zire or Amaze also. Space would matter at the end owner is comfy with parking