Richie Rich

Renault Duster or Honda Amaze?

I was recently wondering about which car will a man with 8-9lacs to spare buy? I shortlisted two options. First is the Renault Duster and the other was Honda Amaze, particularly, because these two cars have set the market on fire since their announcement.

Renault Duster made available in both petrol and diesel options. The petrol driven Renault houses a 1598cc I4 DOHC engine that produces 100.3bhp at 5850 rpm and a maximum torque of 145Nm at 3750 rpm. The diesel powered Renault Duster is powered by 1461cc Turbocharged Diesel I4 SOHC engine that is able to deliver two different power figures: 108.3bhp and 83.5bhp power and a torque of 248Nm and 200Nm respectively to the wheels. Duster has two transmission options- five-speed manual and another six-speed manual (108bhp).

In singularity, the Duster looks a very good product, and it is, but when we look out in the market, with a view to buy a car, we just don’t see just one car. We browse and then compare our options. Well, while we are at it, why should you be worried about it, we can do that for you.

Now, we compare Duster with Amaze

The Looks: The exteriors of the both the cars are good, Duster at one side gives you the feel of a sporty off-roader, Amaze shows your love for the finer details in life. The exteriors would always command for a look from the people if you sit in any of the cars, as they are both extremely stylish and good looking cars.

When we take a look at the interiors, we are actually disappointed watching the Duster losing the battle to Amaze. The black touch to the interiors gives a sporty look to the car, but the plastic is not very impressive. While on the other side, Amaze is all through a premium looking car, also inside out. Honda stands firm on the premium brand image it owns and maintains and gains a brownie point against Duster here.

Fuel Economy: The 1.5 diesel powered engine introduced with Duster in India is tuned to two different states putting out two different power outputs (83.8bhp and 108.5bhp).Renault Duster is capable to deliver 20.46kmpl for mileage for the 83.8bhp diesel engine and 19.01kmpl for the 108.5bhp powertrain. Impressive for an SUV, but in a country, that puts fuel efficiency as one of the major deciding criteria, Renault loses again to the latest weapon in the Honda arsenal; the i-VTEC engine providing more than 25 kilometers per liter.

Power: The torque produced by the 85bhp Duster is good and its actually enough at least for city driving. The problem with automobile companies all over the world has been, ‘with great power, comes lower fuel economy’. But surprisingly, both the cars we are talking about right now, seem to have balanced the two ends very well. The power of Amaze, I mean, whom we are kidding, we are talking about Honda, what was the last time, someone complained about an engine from Honda. The i-VTEC is a modern marvel and the power of Amaze is Amazing.

You are comparing two poles.

Both are worthy competitors in their class but not otherwise.Duster being a proven one while Amaze is getting there.

Going strictly by your budgetry limits you will get a base Duster or a top end Amaze , personally you will be better off with the Top End Amaze.

I think you would be better satistified if opt Amaze which will be more plush feature riched than Duster base which you could only get.

However, the code requirements for making a buying decision like running, taste, City/Highway, etc.... are not known here...so from analysis point of view...definitely Amaze.

There cannot be a honest comparison between a Sedan and a SUV as both are built for different purpose and people. While one is more sedate and gives you a feeling of travelling in the lap of luxury, the other is more rugged and adventure inspiring. Somebody who is out in the market for buying a sedan would probably not look at a SUV and vice versa. Both Amaze and Duster are very good vehicles in their own right and you just can't go wrong with either of the two. It all depends on an individual's personal taste and liking.

Well duster and amaze both are good in their own right. The comparison result can be tricky because they have their own benefits because one is SUV and one is sedan. Choose according to your needs, if you need a tough SUV which will take you to places in different terrains without worry then take Duster and if you are city boy then take Amaze. But if you spendin 9 lakh then buy a optimal car. Duster being SUV car will give more comfort for sure. choose wisely buddy.