Whats your Budget - Rs 6 L (used car) Rs 11 L (new car), on-road

Kms driven monthly - 3000 kms (so fuel economy and automatic transmission are both imp)

Bodyshell - Hatch/ Sedan/SUV/

City/Highway split - 60:40

Max No.of Passangers - _____2_ most of the time

Boot space Importance - ____Low__

Usage by - ________________Normal__

Ownership - __________City_______City/ Outskirts

Safety - ________________High_____High/Medium/anything

Prime requirement - FE

Hi,

There are a deluge of CNG vehicles (compacts) and a deluge of automatic transmission vehicles (from compacts to luxury cars) in the market. Does anyone know of a combination ? Wonder why this market gap has not been plugged.

Alternately, if new cars are not available, i am thinking of going in for a after market fitment of CNG in an Automatic car. Can anyone give advice on that? I have read in forums about ppl turning petrol based civic autos into cng fuel-based vehicles.

To, sum up, i have a 100km daily rush hour travel, of which 30-40 kms are on city highways (eastern express highyway). I want a good FE and an auto box to avoid a driver's costs.. Pls suggest a way out..

Currently driving a Punto, which has 100k on the odo, gives 13-15 FE with my run.

Thanks for helping out in advance!

Cheers

If your Punto is diesel, I can't think of any better alternative. The only FE Auto is Brio, but convering that to CNG is again a bad idea. There are hardly any Diesel Automatic below 10L.

If your so hell bent, buy a decent City and convert it. Civic is also a good choice, but it easily bottoms out in its petrol avtar, if you add big CNG tank and fills it, be prepared to take home one speed breaker with you every day.

The best option would be to buy a Honda City automatic and get it converted to CNG. As far as I know Honda does not offer company fitted CNG on it automatic variants. You can get good examples of used 2007-2009 Citys in the vicinity of 4-6 lacs or go for a new City and get after market CNG fitted.

I think the best one would be either City or Desire Vxi (where you would lack the safet features) but this is a good option to drive on CNG, k12 engine is already a fun to drive though CNG retro would slow it down a little.

Civics are going for a song in the used car market. I would suggest you a Civic and you get get one for around 4.5 to 5 lakhs. Add a CNG kit and you are sorted. But do keep in mind to get the job done from a reliable installer. That is very important.

If your Punto is diesel, I can't think of any better alternative. The only FE Auto is Brio, but convering that to CNG is again a bad idea. There are hardly any Diesel Automatic below 10L.

Yes, it is a diesel.. but its costing me like 400-500 bucks on fuel everyday... and the driving in traffic is slightly irritating, so i thought an auto transmission with lower cost of fuel might serve me better...

If your so hell bent, buy a decent City and convert it. Civic is also a good choice, but it easily bottoms out in its petrol avtar, if you add big CNG tank and fills it, be prepared to take home one speed breaker with you every day.

+1

So, city has good ground clearance right.. actually if i cant find a good reliable auto+cng combo (preferably a combination being used and positively rated by many car-owners), then my second best bet is a manual cng city... the drive shall still involve gear changes, but i hope to cut my fuel costs in half.. maybe an effective cost/km of around 2-2.5 bucks...

Dzire Vxi Auto will have ABS+EBD as standard feature but dual front airbags are not available.

Somehow, i just cant get used to D'zire's looks ..

Can anyone point me towards happy (or otherwise) Auto+cng users ?