PrancingHorse

Mitsubishi stops selling the Cedia Sports, EVO X and the Outlander in India. What next ?

Mitsubishi has stopped sale of the Cedia Sports, EVO X sports sedan and the Outlander in India. The Mitsubishi India website now only has the Pajero Sport and the Montero on their website.

Its really sad to see these cars go.

The EVO anyways had a high price tag and the Outlander being a petrol didnt help. Here are screen shots from the Mitsu website that announce the end of the road for the above models.

Do you think these cars could have been saved with better marketing and after sales service? Its like the end of an era. The Lancer alongside the old Honda City was a cult car in India in those times

post-7692-0-52167300-1372311528_thumb.jppost-7692-0-83899000-1372311533_thumb.jp

A late but a welcome step, it was high time for Mitsubishi to sit back, think & cut that extra flab. Now they should focus on bringing in newer models & not waste time or else it could well be curtains HM-Mitsu. in India.

Mitsu. would also do good partying ways with HM & aligning with some active partner.

Mitsubishi must have parted ways with HM long back. They have good products globally but sadly, nothing good here.

Hope they launch the new Outlander here soon and with a diesel engine and also the mirage.

The Outlander was near the end of its age, and a new model is already out. Maybe that will roll in. The Evo X had priced itself in Mercedes-Benz territory, but it was still a lot cheaper than the other sports cars available in India, although not as good a performer.

Ideally, Mitsubishi should launch the Mirage and the current generation Lancer in sedan and hatchback form, alongside the current generation Outlander, alongside the Pajero and Montero, although one of the bigger SUVs may have to be dropped. But the company is performing so poorly in India that they cannot afford to take any risks, and these days, anything seems a risk for them. It's not the products, but the management practices and possibly management itself that needs a change. And of course, they need to ditch the Ambassador builders and ally with a better partner!

Mitsubishi is a brand which is 'DONE' in India. Past is proof that Mitsubishi has not taken India one bit seriously. Customers suffered lack of after sales support for their vehicles.

Secondly products like the EVO, although good in every shape and form had Pathetic warranty clauses. For example: warranty for one year or 10 thousand KM. LIKE SERIOUSLY ?

I ll take divine intervention for these guys to succeed EVER in India.

@livetodrive I think it was just a 6 month warranty if I remember.

On the other hand Ive seen dealerships close pretty quickly here in Mumbai atleast so the fate is really uncertain. I think Outlanders will now go for a song in the used market.

^ Yes it was a 6 month warranty for an EVO

The pricing was overpriced too, IMO < 40L would have been the sweet spot.

The worst no M/T was available only the SST gearbox, such a silly move this.

^^ With all these it indeed dug its own grave.

I really don't care about Evo or Cedia I mean come on this company is itself not doing good in global market and even when it was doing good it didn't take India seriously . Also is the Lancer still selling or is removed ? EVO two words Over-rated Overpriced and warrenty sucks big time . They could have just launched the Lancer Evolution and it would have been a success . Why don't they just leave common man this they left along with peugot and opel and think that the Pajero on the roads are 10+ year old car (I showned my dad one the SFX one and he said it looks 10 years old). Also I don't see any Pajero Sport on the roads