PrancingHorse

Pics: Nissan Terrano spotted testing in Chennai EDIT: Now unveiled

Here are first spy shots of the Nissan Terrano which is the rebadged Duster. This is the first time it has been spotted testing on Indian roads. According to the source, it was spotted near Chennai airport and he same road leads to the Renault Nissan factory. Nissan has a big task on its hands considering the EcoSport was launched at a very aggressive price and it was said that the Terrano will be more pricey than the Duster

Here are the pictures:

post-7692-0-26823900-1372667582_thumb.jppost-7692-0-81933000-1372667597_thumb.jppost-7692-0-15937700-1372667611_thumb.jppost-7692-0-11735700-1372667627_thumb.jppost-7692-0-04233100-1372667643_thumb.jppost-7692-0-88983500-1372667656_thumb.jppost-7692-0-20103900-1372667673_thumb.jppost-7692-0-15032000-1372667690_thumb.jp

Source: Indianautosblog

I find this design more mature than the Duster. Nissan needs to bring this ASAP to somewhat fight the EcoSport. From the interior, I feel the center console design is similar to the one seen in the updated Micra.

Terrano might be marginally longer than the Duster and with slightly more ground clearance than the Duster and also with a larger and more angular window for the third row passenger..........well we just have to wait and see

This will really be a surprise from Nissan India, irrespective of traditional badge engineering.

Most of the easily recognizable parts are new & exclusive to Terrano over the Duster.

Front, Rear, Tailgate, D-pillar glass, Alloys, Center console, all are new to this to justify its price & Nissan badge.

It would be much better if it would come with Micra/Sunny based new-gen pull type door handles than this old lift-type ones.

In addition, Nissan's legacy in SUVs & Diesel engine, would be an Inborn advantage for this SUV.

Though Terrano might be a good product in itself but in our price sensitive market Nissan will require special effort to garner decent sale.

Ford with launch of ES has raised bar to such a level that it will be difficult for Terrano and Duster to match up.

Duster having launched earlier had milked our market for 1 yr but that's not going to be the case with Terrano.

Eventually both Duster/Terrano will end up sharing sales.

Nissan will need a cut-throat pricing more than anything else to sell Terrano in numbers & they will have to keep the EcoSport as yardstick. They now must forget the Duster's sales success because market dynamics then were different from now & we all know what changed things!

Nice pic. New alloys looking good. Nissan whould upgrade general fit n finish of interiors. Specially that rubber bidding around gates, to make cabin silent. Silent cabin gives very upmarket feel while driving. Ratling of interiors parts should be eliminated. & please Nissan brong 4x4 option from day one. you can take first mover advantage of being first small 4x4.

Interiors look exactly like the duster with same rounded air vents for AC with the chrome ring on its periphery instrument cluster too looks the same judging by its side view. Nissan should to offer something extraordinary inside to complement the work done on the outside

Sorry hit the submit button by mistake a little early

The ex-Delhi prices of XUV and Duster (diesel) are -

XUV

W6 11.86

W8 13.41

W8 4x4 14.44

Duster Diesel

RXE 85 ps 8.73

RXL 85 ps 9.73

RXL 85 ps (o) 10.96

RXL 110 ps 10.75

RXZ 110 ps 11.65

RXZ 110 ps (o) 12. 18

The highest selling variant for XUV is W8 and for Duster RXZ. It will be interesting to see where Nissan would place Terrano

Even if they start at say 9.5 lacs for Diesel and upto 13 lacs, it would still provide a good competition to XUV,. So in a way we will some good fight for nos in the price bracket of 8 to 13 lacs. I

the other two brands i have not mentioned - 1) Scorpio has a different fan following and customer base 2) Storme isn't really setting the sales chart on fire..

Well.. I think terrano will most def sell more than the Duster. If it covers the ground that duster loses --> Interior quality and ergonomics.. SIMPLE :)

But then it is also going to cost more than the Duster and the EcoSport has spolit the party for most out there.

Against popular belief , Teranno is going to have a hard time , at best it could dent some Duster sales just based on how its rear looks now as against the Duster.

EcoSport has already crashed the party for both these contenders.

Nissan cannot see a massive impact on its sales with this launch ,like what Duster did when it was launched and much like what EcoSport did, its high price is not helping it either.

beg to differ. EcoSport is a change and is doing well, but in reality i found the car to cramped for my liking. The duster scores here, it is big and spacious.

I don't think ecosport has the potiential to eat dusters market completely.