Sign in to follow this  
Ajit car crazy

Tuning of my Audi Q7

all know that I recently got a Q7 V6 TDI. I just want to know if I plan to upgrade my powerplant what should I do with it? I am not very wise in power and custom mods. also I am not planning it very soon because I have just turned to 18 this May and recently got my license. it is just that my dad has gifted me this car on my birthday. Although I am mad car freak and I am driving a bimmer since I was 14. Also I know some chiggy wiggys of the cars like spinning ur tails with DSC off or this kinda stuffs are of my habits and hobbies. all apart. so far I have gone upto 212 kmph in my BMW and did only 165 kmph max till date with my Q7 and I record a sub 8 sec time to break the tonn in Q7. Anyway costs will not be an issue unless its truly eye watering with the mods. I want a full customed Q7 all by looks and performance in near furture. So what is the best thing to do with it if I get around 8-10 lacs to spend on it. pls tell me what is possible to do in Kolkata

Look Ajit, having V6 under the hood and 240 bhp's on just a tap of your feet is not a joke! Since you have just turned 18 with age you would feel that it is not 0 to 100 kmph timings ,but, is the driveability that really matters on the roads out there. Also the performance of Q7 V6 is great for such an heavy SUV as it touches 100 kmph mark in just abut 10 secs. But, still if you are keen on improving the performance of your vehicle than you can opt for full engine modification by an expert.

Pete's Tuning Shop is a renowned name of tuning world and have the most expert teams to tune up your car to a whole new level!!

They would remap your car's ECU and do other tuning jobs such as fitting Green Cotton filters etc. and installing other performance kits.

You can contact them by visiting their store at Cochin

(Pete's Automotive Products Pvt Limited, P. B No-3563, M G Road, Cochin – 682035. Helpline - +919895088444. TOLL FREE - 1800 425 8844) or reaching through www.petes.in

Tuning would depend upon the amount you spend!

And, please avoid getting your car tunned through less advanced and experienced teams also tunning your SUV would barr your vehicle's warranty (in case please contact your nearest Audi dealership).

all know that I recently got a Q7 V6 TDI. I just want to know if I plan to upgrade my powerplant what should I do with it? I am not very wise in power and custom mods. also I am not planning it very soon because I have just turned to 18 this May and recently got my license. it is just that my dad has gifted me this car on my birthday. Although I am mad car freak and I am driving a bimmer since I was 14. Also I know some chiggy wiggys of the cars like spinning ur tails with DSC off or this kinda stuffs are of my habits and hobbies. all apart. so far I have gone upto 212 kmph in my BMW and did only 165 kmph max till date with my Q7 and I record a sub 8 sec time to break the tonn in Q7. Anyway costs will not be an issue unless its truly eye watering with the mods. I want a full customed Q7 all by looks and performance in near furture. So what is the best thing to do with it if I get around 8-10 lacs to spend on it. pls tell me what is possible to do in Kolkata

I hope u touched those speeds in a controlled environment or closed roads.

But frankly doing 212 km/h in a BM is nothin, as a normal stock 320d would hit 230 km/h(with speedo error) also only 165 km/h in Q7 ? I'd suggest you explore the already "under utilized" stock performance of your car more before heading for any mods.

Keep the streets safe ;)

@F30 I drove that on a busy street where going over 100 kmph is risky too. Ya I just got the car and I am always in try to ecplore iy. Well I will try out to go as much as this Q7 can go upto.

@Teje. Thanks 4 ur valuable inputs. I will get back to u on this soon. Pls tell me something to do being in Kolkata. Also something that will not hamper my 4 years warranty

@Ajit. Please get to know your car extremely well before going in for mods.I have driven this engine extensively as well as many other cars and I feel for now this much power is adequate. And please do not drive in an irresponsible manner. Driving high speeds in busy streets is a no no. We are all car enthusiasts and we should set an example of good driving ethics for others.

About mods, when you are ready to go in for them I think a tuning chip would do. There are planty available off the net on international sites and most of them are plug and play. Apart from that Tejen has some good suggestions.

@ Ajit, i would still recommend you to go in for Pete's ,as upto where, i feel they are the real experts. They also have an option of picking up car from your place and will also deport it at your place after tuning (definitely at a cost!). So, if you are willing to pay for pick and drop facility then go only for Pete's Autos.

See, your car is an premium SUV and not an old Maruti Baleno that can easily be modified in a cheap downtown shop, so please & please only opt for experts.

Talking about the warranty, the best thing you can do is contact your dealership (in case they keep your vehicle's warranty or not) also contact your insurance company ( in many cases of an accident the company won't pay the claimed amount only because of mods done such as tuning and electric mods such as HID's). They best way to get through this problem is to get these mods added in your insurance policy before/after the fittment.

If any of the mods disturb your vehicle's warranty then please avoid it !!!

Also your service costs would have a double bump 'coz of the tuning box fittment and other mods such as ECU remaps, plus the dealer won't be able to service your vehicle properly due to engine advancements. The best i could advice to you is that wait for the warranty to end over and get your clock 50000 kms. plus and then go for modification.

@Tejen, thanks again a lot for giving me a real good idea on it, summing it all up I think it is now time to explore the car at its best, only then some mods will be worthy to do. ya I do know about the pick and drop service of Pete's & definitely I shall opt for experts only 'coz this big Q beast has been my dream always and getting it as birthday gift from beloved dad is always good and feel damn special as well. ok I'll check with Pete's surely in my leisure time.

@prancinghorse, ya we are pure driving enthusiast and I remember that always. well I just got hold on that car and pushed it to160+ on the day of very first driving. chiptunings may burden some unwanted issues on wires and systems as told by my dealer Audi Kolkata. so waiting now to cover some good kms and then will do tunigs. Hope I have choosed right way and thanks a tonn for keeping me in track

@ Ajit good decision of sticking up to stock!

Also, I think you own a AUDI 3.0 TDI

2967 CC ( V6 )

240 bhp

560 NM torque

8 speed automatic

and it does 0 to 100 kmph in exact 10.61 secs.

But, if i am wrong and if you own an AUDI Q7 4.2 TDI then it's a V8 and not V6

4138 CC ( V8 )

340 bhp

775 NM torque

same 8 speed auto'box

and it do 0 to 100 kmph in an exact 6.46 secs. :)

@tejen, u r saying on the basis of Autocar tested figures, well i have the V6 TDI but now wholly revised. Autocar India tested the pre facelift Q7 with 233 ps and 500 nm with 6 spd auto and havier weight. this one in my garage is 240 ps, 550 nm, 8 spd auto, better dynamis and lighter in weight. so claimed figures are 7.8 s for 0-100

As the Baby Jesus once said "He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling!" hey surely wouldn't do it in a Q7 unless baby jesus decides to stiffen the suspension , lower ride height and install a roll bar to be safe from turning over !