Sign in to follow this  
BMWfanatic

Used Mercedes E250 CDI or sale. Buy or not?

Hi Friends

I hope everything is well with all of you. My father is looking to buy an new car. A family acquaintance has an E class. Model: 2010. it is an E250 Diesel (white color). (it is the new look one, one with squared lights). I am not sure about the trim. The car has done 60,000 Kms. He wanted to sell it off for 25-26 lacs, but being a family friend he can give it to us for 23-24 lacs.

So what do u suggest, pass or not to pass? :)

The car will be self driven, me or dad.

No accidental damage was visible as dad said (Good condition, not Mint of course) , I havnt checked out the car myself.

So should we proceed or not with more details, I am basically worried about GERMAN Maintenance.

Thanks.

60,000 ..its seen quite a few clicks there. Well services for these cars are stratospherically expensive and Im sure you know that once a part fails its very expensive to replace. Check the service history of the car. That way you will come to know what components have been replaced so far. Since the facelift E Class is out the value of these should go down for sure. Do see the car yourself and then take a call.

at 60,000 clicks i would be concerned with suspension overhaul , gear box issue and other electronic bits. Engine would go on til 2 lakh kilometer. All this left aside it is a very good price.

here are following example of cars for sale

post-1746-0-38040100-1374507750_thumb.pn

post-1746-0-27712000-1374507858_thumb.pn

BMWfantaic, see Mercedes E 250 CDI is a great car with examplary ride quality , outright performance and tank like build quality, but the reality lies in the fact that such cars won't work good as "USED cars" tag! What i mean to convey is that the premium luxury saloons including Mercedes E class BMW 5 series & Audi A6 become double expensive to own and maintain at such stages (means at 50,000 kms plus) !!

So the choice goes in with checking the car perfectly by an expert ( he may come from Mercedes Used Car garage) and check the history sheet of car, meaning the service records and all other related papers. Chack in for battery replacement's and all the electronic sensors before opting for it!

The price being offered to you is a good price tag as it is just 3 years old but 60,000 kms is something that needs digestion pills to get digested for paying 2 lakhs for the used Merc.

At last opt for it if you really want to have it or you may opt for other great luxury saloons such as VW Passat which is simply a piece of artwork at the same price and also it would read 0 kms on the odometer!!!

At last "a freind in need is a freind in deed!!!"

Thanks, For the response.. I guess I'll pass. I anyway never liked the E class. Also I am excited about the delivery of my A class. Due mid august.

Its raining cars in my family, First it was my car, then dads, now my cousin also wants a car. I'll start a new thread for that. His budge isnt too high.

Again, Thanks prancing horse

Thanks sarabjeet, Ur infiniti is epic. (Stuff of dreams).. many many congratulations.

A few years down the line, i shall contact you for helping me out importing a car. I would love that.

Thanks

Thanks Tejen, for the feed back. I did a lot of research and found the same as what you have stated. Basically. " own a german for the first 50,ooo kms and handover the trouble after that :P" ANyway, I have decided to pass.

Thanks for the feedback, highly appreciated.

My dad's friend was selling his c 220 cdi just for 17k and was just 6months old and 7500 km run only! Though he found it difficult to sell that :/ Sarbajeet uploaded some screen shots and the one's there were more reasonable.

The C220 is underpowered for a MERC many like to go for C250 in used car market ,therefore it may not sell easily. Also I think at about 22 lakhs will be a good price (its a depreciation disaster) for it but don't advertize it for 17 lakhs because people might think its accidental and may not even call/ look at the car.