BMWfanatic

Ecosport Diesel Vs Vento vs Rapid Vs Fiesta vs Verna

Hi everyone

So, another decision.

THis one needs to be made by the end of this week.

The budget is 12 lacs.

Car needs to be a diesel. My brother will drive it alone. No family travel. although little practicality is welcome. Both City and Highway commute.

Just one question. What is the absolute best car in the segment?

For people considered about waiting periods on ecosport, he had already booked the ecosport early and the car will be available in 15 days (titanium +).

He likes the ecosport but he also likes the germans. haha

Any help is appreciated.

thanks

Ford is nowadays a European product (except for the muscle car's) and all its product are developed in Germany especially the Fiesta ,Fusion and Ecosport so you are getting a EU product with American origin.

Ecosport is a good product and tell him to buy it; if he doesn't like it then he can sell the car in 2 months and still get the on road price due to excessive waiting periods on Titanium+ varients .

Pick up the EcoSport diesel. I drove it a bit and was quite impressed. It has an SUV feel and is compact at the same time. My second choice would be the Verna simply because you get a lot of features thrown in. It handles like a boat but I dont think that should be a concern for your dad really.

The Vento and Rapid scare me because of the service. Its bad in Mumbai but I dont know the situation at you place.

Any day it has to be EcoSport. It is a fresh product, comes with all the whistles and bells which should be there in the car of that budget from safety & luxury point of view.

However, if you just need a city commuter then go for Verna 1.6 CRDi. though Hyundai cars are good in interior/exterior design and give more VFM but not got for high speed highway drives.

Hi everyone, the choice is made, its gonna be the ecosport titanium(o) diesel. Delivery is next week.(hopefully!). Will ask him to write about it once he gets it. Thanks for the inputs.

Now as it is a cheap car :P (SUV standards) he wants to add a lot of genuine accessories to it. like: ambient lights, sport pedals, wheel cover, rear armrest, HID upgrade etc. This will be done at the dealer level, not immediately but eventually.

Also we came across something like this: http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/1107898741/LSQ_Star_New_2013_Ford_Ecosport.html

Looks very interesting. Its a 6 CD DVD, GPS blah blah system. with 8 inch screen. it is made for ecosport and should fit right in replacing the puny dot matrix currently on car. WHAT SAY ? worth it?

Again, thanks guys

Also it is a white car in case anyone was interested.

also i saw an ecosport today, on the road in white with wheel cover and blackened taillights, looked epic.

couldnt catch the front or sides.

Go for Verna if he drives more on the highways.

However for more of a city travel Ecosport is a good option.

I disagree with dr_nishu. I have found that the Verna is very unstable at high speeds as its nose bobs up and down quite a lot. You don't get much confidence and so isn't that good on highways.

I disagree with dr_nishu. I have found that the Verna is very unstable at high speeds as its nose bobs up and down quite a lot. You don't get much confidence and so isn't that good on highways.

I Agree, With time i have become kind of Anti Hyundai :P