Whats your Budget - Rs 12.00L

Kms driven monthly - 1500 kms

Bodyshell - Hatch/ Sedan/SUV/ MUV - any

City/Highway split - 00:00

Max No.of Passangers - 2 most of the time

Boot space Importance - Medium

Usage by - Myself or Driver

Safety - High

Prime requirement - Fuel Efficiency / Low Maintenance / Passenger Comfort / Looks

Shortlisted Manufacturer - How much mileage they give in actual in city / highway ( not the company claimed numbers)

FORD ECOSPORT AT

BRIO AT

VERNA DIESEL AT

Real world mileage will vary for each car and driving conditions.

For Verna diesel AT it should deliver around 15-16kmpl in city and more on highways.

For petrol ATs, FE might hover in range of 12-15kmpl depending on the car and other factors.

Considering your running of 1500km/month, it would be advisable to go for diesel and in diesel AT there is only option of Verna in price range < 12L.

However, if you want to go for petrol ATs then there are whole lot of options ranging from hatchbacks to sedans (i10, i20, Verna, A*Star, Ritz, Dzire, Brio, Amaze, City, Vento, Rapid, Micra, Sunny, Scala, EcoSport, Fiesta etc etc)

In Petrol ATs, my choice will be:

Hatchbacks: Brio, Micra

Sedans: Amaze/City, Fiesta/EcoSport

Just a query how good is the Verna autobox as comapred to the new Ford Ecosport ( Dual Clutch - Claimed Maint. Free for 2L kms ) and Brio ( CVT ).

Here dual clutch transmission from Ford definitely has edge over others with claim of no maintenance till 2L kms.

But Verna or Brio autobox also aren't too bad either.

However, i haven't experience above mentioned autobox first hand so will leave to other forum members to provide more insight on them.

thx how good is the FE / maintenance of Verna AT.

It should be ~15KMPL in City and ~18+ KMPL on highway. Maintenancewise, there has been any bad news in most of the forum about verna AT. And this is one of the best option in diesel AT at this moment.