Sign in to follow this  
monaco

what suv in 20-30lakhs?

Kindly advice, my cousin wants to buy a new suv in a couple of months in 20-30lakhs range. His requirements are 4x4, diesel, auto transmission and at least 550lt. Trunk volume. He is keen on a japanese make suv as he owned a forester and was really happy with the overall experince except for the chevrolet service which was bad due to the non availability of spares. His choices as in preferance are as follows: 1.fortuner but no auto in awd. 2.cr-v but no diesel. 3.pajero sport but again no auto. 4.captiva, it has all the required features but spending money on something which is your last option doesn't make you feel all that great. Counting out santa fe because new one's coming next year and he doesn't like rexton's looks. So friends please advice which feature he should sacrifice among the first three and is captiva good enough among the competition or should he wait till one of the above models are launched with the missing feature. He likes to go off road and will be driving approx 20000kms annually. Thanks.

I would suggest that he waits for the new Santa Fe's launch. Going by Hyundai's practice of launching several versions at the time of launch itself, it would be safe to assume that an auto tranny on a diesel might just be one of the offering. What remains to be seen is whether they would plonk an Auto tranny in a 4x4 version or not. Anyways, I think it would be worthwhile waiting for the Santa! Cheers!

If the Santa Fe nowadays itself costs 32lakhs in 4x4 automatic in Mumbai and new one will be there about. As far as I know there is only Endeavor which comes with A/T and 4x4 within the 20-30 price bracket. Why not buy the existing Santa-Fe and get good discounts before the new one come because chassie and powertrain wise both will be the same.

Both Sante Fe and Endeavor are going to be refreshed and we may get the glimps of the same in the forth coming AutoExpo 2014.

However, if you really want to go in right now, Endeavor would be my choice, simply because of rouggedness that it offers.

My suggesions would be the HYUNDAI SANTA FE. Its stylish both out and in. Good space, engine, features. but FE would be a concern. But overall its a good car. But if u want performance FORD ENDEAVOUR should be the choice. Its a car with macho looks. Performance is great with the 3.0 litre engine. but here's also the same with FE. but IMO buying a big budget car will always have the FE problems. ¤¤¤GOOD LUCK¤¤¤