Sign in to follow this  
desiibond

Going for Toyota Etios VSP, have some queries

Folks,

I am going for the top end petrol variant for Toyota Etios and have lot of questions.

1. There is a price difference of 1.2L between petrol and diesel variants. Is it worth sticking to petrol? How is the mileage for new etios in city limits.

2. Which is the best tyre for this car, mileage and balance being priority. Is factory tyres good enough?

3. How widely available are accessories like side skirts, front full chrome grill available outside of Toyota's service centers

4. please suggest a great audio setup (20k budget ). I am more of an unmodified neutral sounding audiohead than a basshead.

5. Is Nandi Toyota good (Bangalore, Hosur Road)

Thanks in advance.

Petrol/Diesel choice depends on your usage.

If your running is atleast 1200kms/month and you plan to keep your car 4-5 yrs then go for diesel.

As for Etios, i have petrol Apr 2011 model and it's doing fine.

In city (NCR) i get around 14-15kmpl with AC. On highway, i usually get around 18kmpl but have reached even 20kmpl on expressways.

Stock tyres are good enough for daily runs, go for Goodyear ones, they are better than MRFs

Accessories (not all) for Etios are available in market but i find prices of Toyota accessories ok (except some items).

Top end already comes with music system, do you plan to change?

Within 20k budget you will be having many options to choose

I am based in NCR so don't have much idea on Nandi Toyota, Bangalore.

Hi

Think for Honda (Amaze) at least once before you buy etios; I came to know lot of stories for poor quality stuff about Etios like cheap plastic and cost cutting measure.

Yes, there are cost cutting measures being implemented in Etios.

But as a car buyer, atleast for me, i will focus on the car fundamentals (engine, transmission, suspension, FE etc) more than other stuff.

As for petrol, Etios 1.5L engine is far better than 1.2L engine of Amaze. Availability of torque at all stages and fun to drive factor is much much better in Etios.

Other sedan in petrol i would have recommended would be Ford Classic.

Petrol/Diesel choice depends on your usage.

If your running is atleast 1200kms/month and you plan to keep your car 4-5 yrs then go for diesel.

As for Etios, i have petrol Apr 2011 model and it's doing fine.

In city (NCR) i get around 14-15kmpl with AC. On highway, i usually get around 18kmpl but have reached even 20kmpl on expressways.

Stock tyres are good enough for daily runs, go for Goodyear ones, they are better than MRFs

Accessories (not all) for Etios are available in market but i find prices of Toyota accessories ok (except some items).

Top end already comes with music system, do you plan to change?

Within 20k budget you will be having many options to choose

I am based in NCR so don't have much idea on Nandi Toyota, Bangalore.

Thank you for reply. Will have to check the brand and rubber type for stock tyres. The stereo quality is good but there are no rear speakers. instead of just adding rear speakers, thinking of going for a full speaker setup change.

w.r.t accessories, thanks for confirming the availability. I will get them outside as Toyota is charging a lot for accessories.

Hi

Think for Honda (Amaze) at least once before you buy etios; I came to know lot of stories for poor quality stuff about Etios like cheap plastic and cost cutting measure.

Didnt like the look of Amaze at all. Also, the interior got a major revamp in new Etios which is why I had decided on this one. Much better platics and NVH is improved a lot.

Yes, there are cost cutting measures being implemented in Etios.

But as a car buyer, atleast for me, i will focus on the car fundamentals (engine, transmission, suspension, FE etc) more than other stuff.

As for petrol, Etios 1.5L engine is far better than 1.2L engine of Amaze. Availability of torque at all stages and fun to drive factor is much much better in Etios.

Other sedan in petrol i would have recommended would be Ford Classic.

checked Ford Classic too but my mind tells me to rely on Toyota's lower TCO, wider service and reliability

Why not try/consider the chevy Aveo? It has the multijet engine and great suspension setup and doesnot feel cheap inside than the Etios.

If you are looking for only petrol then consider the Fiesta classic. Its a great car though the space on the rear is lesser than the Etios.

@desiibond:

Diesel is only good if you are going to run the car at least 1K per month, else it would a good idea to stick with petrol. Also, I would suggest you to look for Amaze as it is more on space less on pocket kinf of vehicle and would suit almost all your needs for a sedan.

Do TD Amaze.

• @desiibond

Toyota Etios,the Q class segment as advertised by Toyota is worth for the money. The car is spacious and interiors being basic but the main car fundamentals like engine, transmission and power that the car delivers is really appreciable.

Personally comparing toyota with Amaze is not a good options. I would suggest you should go for 1.5 L petrol engine compared to 1.2L engine of amaze. else you can go for Ford Classic.

Now focussing on your query for petrol/diesel varient, if your travel involves more than 1000km /month then the diesel will soot your pocket else go for petrol varient and as such now there's very small variation in the price difference.

Now in reference to your music system , i would suggest if you are buying top end varient then the car come loaded with the music system. incase you are music freak like me then you can go for JBL in build woofer rear speakers and if you want more bass then opt them with JBL sub woofer. They will surely drive you crazy !!! B)

Why not try/consider the chevy Aveo? It has the multijet engine and great suspension setup and doesnot feel cheap inside than the Etios.

If you are looking for only petrol then consider the Fiesta classic. Its a great car though the space on the rear is lesser than the Etios.

Aveo is discontinued and we found Sail to be less VFM (and the accelerator in test car and the car inside show room was making creaking noise, the clutch and gear rod were stiff and uncomfortable) than Etios.

@Sstar and @nagiamrit

My running will be around 675kms per month at the max and I am going to use my two wheeler for short distances (of <2kms).

I liked the audio setup on Etios a bit but lack of rear speakers is a bummer so will have to do a full or partial upgrade.

@desiibond

since your running is not that much then i would suggest you to go for petrol varient ,as it will be economic on your pocket too..

Now abt the music system, the loaded music systems are never that effective. personally suggesting go for JBL rear in built woofer speakers and if you want more bass feel then go for subwoofer too . The appx. costing for speakers will be around 5k max. and if you go for sub woofer add another 10k to it !

Aveo is discontinued and we found Sail to be less VFM (and the accelerator in test car and the car inside show room was making creaking noise, the clutch and gear rod were stiff and uncomfortable) than Etios.

Sorry I meant the Sail sedan itself . (Got confused with the UVA badging which is continued in the hatchback).

Firstly if you have settled for the Etios then before making any upgrades get the car a good damping done (like noisekill,dynamat,dampmat etc) because otherwise it will make unwanted jarring noise . Also get the 3M underbody anti-corrosion treatment done so that the wheelwells are prefectly damped.