BMWfanatic

Ecosport or Laura for self driven!!

Guys

My bother needed a car for himself, to go to office and run daily errands. His budget was upto 15 lakhs, and the car was only meant to be driven alone. i.e. very rare family travel. So he was looking for diesel options.

He decided in favour of the ecosport as it looked young and fresh. He found everyhting he needed in the car and after comparing all the cars in the segment ( From POLO to Vento/Verna/Duster), it was the ecosport (Ofcourse!!) . He has booked early with delivery slated next week.

Now he had a soft corner for an automatic diesel but Laura ambition DSG was out of his budget. Now

These has been an interesting development. My brother got a call from Skoda Delhi today and the SA offered him a flat cash discount of 3 lacs on any laura model (2012 make). Now this puts the base diesel model( 2.0 TDi Ambition) very close to ecosport. ( about 2.8 lacs difference) and the AT Ambition aroung 4.5 lacs more

We were discussing it and could not conclude what to buy. Money is not an issue and we are also few of the lucky ones to get an ecosport this early, giving it up would mean insanity to few :|)

Ecosport is new whereas laura is old (soon be replaced) but from a segment above. so more comfortable and powerful.

As he shall be driving alone he dosent mind any car. First it was like "Laura!! so many on road, so old.. not special but after a few minutes, it was like by the end of this year, there will be more ecosports on road, HAHA :) )

Its almost final to go for the new car (ES) but but just incase "should we give laura a second look"

( Incase of laura, we would look at the Automatic Ambition mostly, would cost about 4.5 lacs more, again this is just an idea as of now, lets see how it goes).

Help PLEASE !!!

See BMWfanatic, reading above your views about the two cars and considering that you know the specifications of both the cars, my opinion goes with the Ecosport. I, myself have owned a Skoda Laura for about an year and the ownership experience was a nightmare that came true. Being based in NCR, i thought that finding a dealer would be a matter of seconds but it was not.

See, what matters in long term ownership is the overall package not these mouthwatering packages of dealers giving discounts for 3.5 lakhs.

Talking of the car, Laura, was a delight to drive. Every time i drove it, it felt fresh new. The quality was outstanding! The auto'box was a cherry on cake, lightning quick, and sober. The drievability was good too. But, the size of car was bit big for city use. Performance was blasting and lightning quick where 100 kmph was achieved in around 9 to 10 seconds. Braking was also awesome (with all four discs ABS, EBD) i could push the car to it's limits and sometimes above that. 140 was maintained at a good 3000 RPM. Talking of the average, the car returned around 13 kmpl in city use and around 19 kmpl on highway use (on highways i get aggressive) which was one of the best for such a heavy and big engined car. Comfort was excellent though, seats were sofa like (esp. front). The headrests at back were a bit high but the bolstering of seats made it a delight to sit for hours. The suspension worked like a segment above cars, making the ride quality exceptional.

The scene changes when it comes to service, maintenance, spare parts. Everything is just irritating. Avoid Skoda that's all!

Spare parts have a loooonnnnnnngggggggg waiting period!!!!!!!!

Service costs are monstrous.......

Maintenance (though Skoda rarely faced any problems) was very costly. Even the Skoda badge (that was stoled from mine) cost 1000 bucks!!!!!

Ecosport would definitely be the best. My brother owns it and it is simply a delight to drive (not equal to Skoda but manages the same stance). Quality is something that needs time to get used to (esp. for an EX-SKODA owner! ) Performance is peppy for city use. Ownership experience would also be great. No worries to own. Good for families also. Great stability good economy (about 17 to 18 overall).

GO FOR IT !!

I would say if he can go for the Ambient AT then he should go for it. Because New Octiva is coming (Laura replacement) on the 9th of the month ask him to buy after the 9th as he can get some accessories free for a better deal . Also nowadays the even the Ambiente varient of Laura come with Maxidot display music system and othere extra which were not present in mid-2012 models.

I would say if he can go for the Ambient AT then he should go for it. Because New Octiva is coming (Laura replacement) on the 9th of the month ask him to buy after the 9th as he can get some accessories free for a better deal . Also nowadays the even the Ambiente varient of Laura come with Maxidot display music system and othere extra which were not present in mid-2012 models.

Hi RSSH

I agree with you. Only the AT lauras are worth it as they have 140bhp engines.Also, recent ambient ATs got better stereo, maxidot, 16 inch alloys, multifuntion steering etc. but I am not sure if these will be available on our car. As far as I know, these are 2013 MY upgrades and the SA clearly told us that the model was 2012 model. We havent checked out the car personally yet but I am assuming this must be a reason for the huge discount.

Anyway, I was checking and found that vagtune has an amazing vrs steering on sale with paddles. Would definitely buy that.

If the Ambition comes with 15 inch wheels, then they would also need n upgrade as 16 inch is bare minimum.

Anyway, I shall keep you posted on any developments

Thanks

@tejen: Thanks

you are right, little we look at the post purchase experience. i agree skoda is horrendous when it comes to after sales. It was just that, we could have got an AT car which is always desirable in our family. Ecopsort is good i know, but a segment lower. :P

Its more like heart wants a bigger car, i think the ownership( comfort and fun) should make up for the bad ASS. Although I would like my car to be easy to maintain.

Anyway, if i get an exceptional deal that can offset the bad ASS, i might go for it :)

BUT as an owner, if you had this money again to spend in this segment, MIND it not crossing 15 lacs OTR (After discounts), what would you pick. :)

Thanks

See BMWfanatic, reading above your views about the two cars and considering that you know the specifications of both the cars, my opinion goes with the Ecosport. I, myself have owned a Skoda Laura for about an year and the ownership experience was a nightmare that came true. Being based in NCR, i thought that finding a dealer would be a matter of seconds but it was not.

See, what matters in long term ownership is the overall package not these mouthwatering packages of dealers giving discounts for 3.5 lakhs.

Talking of the car, Laura, was a delight to drive. Every time i drove it, it felt fresh new. The quality was outstanding! The auto'box was a cherry on cake, lightning quick, and sober. The drievability was good too. But, the size of car was bit big for city use. Performance was blasting and lightning quick where 100 kmph was achieved in around 9 to 10 seconds. Braking was also awesome (with all four discs ABS, EBD) i could push the car to it's limits and sometimes above that. 140 was maintained at a good 3000 RPM. Talking of the average, the car returned around 13 kmpl in city use and around 19 kmpl on highway use (on highways i get aggressive) which was one of the best for such a heavy and big engined car. Comfort was excellent though, seats were sofa like (esp. front). The headrests at back were a bit high but the bolstering of seats made it a delight to sit for hours. The suspension worked like a segment above cars, making the ride quality exceptional.

The scene changes when it comes to service, maintenance, spare parts. Everything is just irritating. Avoid Skoda that's all!

Spare parts have a loooonnnnnnngggggggg waiting period!!!!!!!!

Service costs are monstrous.......

Maintenance (though Skoda rarely faced any problems) was very costly. Even the Skoda badge (that was stoled from mine) cost 1000 bucks!!!!!

Ecosport would definitely be the best. My brother owns it and it is simply a delight to drive (not equal to Skoda but manages the same stance). Quality is something that needs time to get used to (esp. for an EX-SKODA owner! ) Performance is peppy for city use. Ownership experience would also be great. No worries to own. Good for families also. Great stability good economy (about 17 to 18 overall).

GO FOR IT !!

Sorry to jump in between, but if it's between Laura and ES then to me it's got to be the latter.

Considering the already below par ASS of Skoda, i think it would be an absolute nightmare to maintain (spare parts availability, cost etc) a car (Laura) which would be replaced by new Octavia.

No matter how good a deal you get from dealer on Skoda, avoid it.

Mind you, if Laura had been a product of say Toyota/Honda/Hyundai etc then there would have been no second thoughts on advising it as first preference.

@tejen: Thanks

you are right, little we look at the post purchase experience. i agree skoda is horrendous when it comes to after sales. It was just that, we could have got an AT car which is always desirable in our family. Ecopsort is good i know, but a segment lower. :P

Its more like heart wants a bigger car, i think the ownership( comfort and fun) should make up for the bad ASS. Although I would like my car to be easy to maintain.

Anyway, if i get an exceptional deal that can offset the bad ASS, i might go for it :)

BUT as an owner, if you had this money again to spend in this segment, MIND it not crossing 15 lacs OTR (After discounts), what would you pick. :)

Thanks

See BMWfantaic, as a owner, i must tell you that after selling that bad ASS within a year my search began again for a luxury plus saloon which is good to drive have a great performance and can accompany few family occassioins by loading my family of 5 comfortably. As an auto enthu i had nearly every car on my mind radar. But the few that clocked my head (as my budget was same too) were the Chevy Cruze, VW Jetta, Renault Fluence, Hyundai Elantra, Hyundai Verna & Toyota Altis .

I went to the showrooms one by one and reviewed each car totally.

Chevy Cruze - was a great performer, good handling but not a 15 lakh mark car type even not as good as Laura. Space was fine, ride was good, fuel efficiency was 15 plus which was good for 166 bhp's. Cancelled the idea because the ngine was not much driveable and suited most for the highway use. Plastic quality was cheap too but the Chevy's service was awesome.

VW Jetta - Great quality, same Laura's tried & tested mill under hood. Awesome ride quality. But, suited well for chauffer driven (i just simply love to drive myself) The main problem was the PRICE. On road in Delhi it went upto 17 lakhs. So, cancelled.

Renault Fluence - Outstanding ride (phases out every other car in segment) drived well, driveable engine, Good quality interiors, futurisrtic interior design, good economy. Don't know, but doesn't behavedlike a 15 lakh car, engine sometimes felt strained. Didn't suit the character of car so, cancelled.

Hyundai Elantra - Went to see it, drove it, felt excellent but was nearly 16 lakhs on road!!! Then my eyes got stuck at the baby Elantra the verna.

Hyundai Verna - It was also there, standing in red, my favorite color. I opted to see it because rather being a segment low than Elantra both cars had same diesel heart with 123 bhp on tap. Then i took a walkaround of the car and with each inch i went deep into my heart. It had everything which i was searching for. All the gadgets that even Elentra didn't had! ( let me quote that Elantra that i tested was Elantra S and Verna was the top of the line SX (O). The car was awesome, 6 airbags, outstanding performance, great quality even good than Fluence and Chevy Cruze. The car was delight to drive in town, light steering & soft suspension sure was behind it. As i got faster the car became a bit bouncy (say above 70 80 kmph) but not much & still was good to sit and drive for hours. Driveability was good and the car was tractable in every traffic situation. Features were so many on this spec that it took 5 mins. to use each of them. Reverse camera, ABS,EBD, 6 airbags 16 inch alloys, electric retract. Fuel efficiency was also 16 kmpl plus. Talking of reaibilty Hyundai was unquestionable!!!

At last what i did with my 15 lakh was this i drove home a top of the line Verna 1.6 SX (O). And after nearly one year i'm loving it!!!!

As, for Altis it was good quality though but simply was outclassed even by the fluence. So underpowered car!!!! It got out of the car within a minute of driving...... SAD for a Toyota!!

@BMWfanatic: Looks like all buying action is happening around you in the Auto Sector :P.

Btw...I would again vote for EcoSport as Laura might be discontinued as new Octavia is going to be priced in the same price range.

See BMWfantaic, as a owner, i must tell you that after selling that bad ASS within a year my search began again for a luxury plus saloon which is good to drive have a great performance and can accompany few family occassioins by loading my family of 5 comfortably. As an auto enthu i had nearly every car on my mind radar. But the few that clocked my head (as my budget was same too) were the Chevy Cruze, VW Jetta, Renault Fluence, Hyundai Elantra, Hyundai Verna & Toyota Altis .

I went to the showrooms one by one and reviewed each car totally.

Chevy Cruze - was a great performer, good handling but not a 15 lakh mark car type even not as good as Laura. Space was fine, ride was good, fuel efficiency was 15 plus which was good for 166 bhp's. Cancelled the idea because the ngine was not much driveable and suited most for the highway use. Plastic quality was cheap too but the Chevy's service was awesome.

VW Jetta - Great quality, same Laura's tried & tested mill under hood. Awesome ride quality. But, suited well for chauffer driven (i just simply love to drive myself) The main problem was the PRICE. On road in Delhi it went upto 17 lakhs. So, cancelled.

Renault Fluence - Outstanding ride (phases out every other car in segment) drived well, driveable engine, Good quality interiors, futurisrtic interior design, good economy. Don't know, but doesn't behavedlike a 15 lakh car, engine sometimes felt strained. Didn't suit the character of car so, cancelled.

Hyundai Elantra - Went to see it, drove it, felt excellent but was nearly 16 lakhs on road!!! Then my eyes got stuck at the baby Elantra the verna.

Hyundai Verna - It was also there, standing in red, my favorite color. I opted to see it because rather being a segment low than Elantra both cars had same diesel heart with 123 bhp on tap. Then i took a walkaround of the car and with each inch i went deep into my heart. It had everything which i was searching for. All the gadgets that even Elentra didn't had! ( let me quote that Elantra that i tested was Elantra S and Verna was the top of the line SX (O). The car was awesome, 6 airbags, outstanding performance, great quality even good than Fluence and Chevy Cruze. The car was delight to drive in town, light steering & soft suspension sure was behind it. As i got faster the car became a bit bouncy (say above 70 80 kmph) but not much & still was good to sit and drive for hours. Driveability was good and the car was tractable in every traffic situation. Features were so many on this spec that it took 5 mins. to use each of them. Reverse camera, ABS,EBD, 6 airbags 16 inch alloys, electric retract. Fuel efficiency was also 16 kmpl plus. Talking of reaibilty Hyundai was unquestionable!!!

At last what i did with my 15 lakh was this i drove home a top of the line Verna 1.6 SX (O). And after nearly one year i'm loving it!!!!

As, for Altis it was good quality though but simply was outclassed even by the fluence. So underpowered car!!!! It got out of the car within a minute of driving...... SAD for a Toyota!!

Thank you for such a detailed response. I totally agree and am sold.

Cruze was second on my list. I think the base cruze with decent discount which i think should be around one lakh is a good option. I have always liked cruze, reading your thoughts at this price point I think this is the best option. What say?

About verna, excellent VFM obviously, but not to my liking. Did you buy the Automatic?

Thanks again, much appreciated.. Laura is out of my mind.

@BMWfanatic: Looks like all buying action is happening around you in the Auto Sector :P.

Btw...I would again vote for EcoSport as Laura might be discontinued as new Octavia is going to be priced in the same price range.

Thanks Sstar, My A class is coming by august end. Thanks for help there. Now this is for my brother. I love researching cars so decided to help him out.

As advised by u and many others, I shall pass on the Laura.. Its ecosport as of now.

But we are also thinking of the cruze. or the jetta trendline.. :P we are somehow forcing ourselves into the segment.

No point buying the Laura when the new Octavia is round the corner.

And the little knowledge i have about Skoda ,they move at the pace of a snail , the Octavia on being launched will take some time to appear on the roads for its loyalists and thus do not expect a sudden drop in price of Laura right after Octavias launch , best time to buy would be December when they would be offered at an handsome discount .

So the real contenders should be the Octavia and the EcoSport , money not an issue , Octavia would be my blind pick.

Just heard that the Laura petrol has been discontinued and that only the diesel is being sold as of now. There will be good discounts on the Laura for sure as the diesel variant will be gradually phased out as well. I would suggest you pick up the EcoSport or if you can, wait for the new Octavia. It holds great promise.

Thanks guys,

Now I am so sorry for the trouble, and thanks for being with me. I need some more help. (One last time I promise :P)

So, since toady morning it has all been about laura, cruze, jetta. Suddenly we are looking for cars in this segment. Now that laura is ruled out. We have been visiting showrooms all day. (good day it was)

We are left with Jetta and Cruze.

Cruze LT variant is 14 Ex Show and discount is about 1 lacs (Net 12.9 Lacs) and MY12 Jetta Trendline is 15 Ex show with discount of 1.4 lacs. (Net about 13.5 lacs)

This is the highest my brother can go. So all things said and done..

What to choose? (ES TITANIUM O VS JETTA TRENDLINE VS CRUZE LT)

(Note: we cannot wait for the octavia) (Buying a car this week only)

Both are about 4 lacs above ecosport but I think these 4 lacs should be worth.

I know I have troubled u guys enough, this is finally the decider. What ever is concluded here will be final. :)

So in my head:

CRUZE : + : good engine, good features(almost loaded)

- : Not solidly built, just 2 airbags, suspension setup not as good as jetta

JETTA: +: build quality, engine, performance, relatively new

- : Plain interior (no wood, no MF steering)

ECOSPORT + : New, very NEW, decently loaded, SUV eh, price

-: segment lower (THATS IT), ENGINE POWER

SO please help me decide this final battle.

My brother dosent mind spending 4 lacs more for these cars if they are worth it (i.e value for money, i.e if he get 5 lacs more of a car spending those 4 lacs) :P :P

Thanks guys.

Out of these now ...

Money not an issue , I would have gone for the Cruze .

My biggest reason amongst many would be the Three Year Chevy Promise, maintaining these cars can be a handfull even for the well off.

Thanks guys,

Now I am so sorry for the trouble, and thanks for being with me. I need some more help. (One last time I promise :P)

So, since toady morning it has all been about laura, cruze, jetta. Suddenly we are looking for cars in this segment. Now that laura is ruled out. We have been visiting showrooms all day. (good day it was)

We are left with Jetta and Cruze.

Cruze LT variant is 14 Ex Show and discount is about 1 lacs (Net 12.9 Lacs) and MY12 Jetta Trendline is 15 Ex show with discount of 1.4 lacs. (Net about 13.5 lacs)

This is the highest my brother can go. So all things said and done..

What to choose? (ES TITANIUM O VS JETTA TRENDLINE VS CRUZE LT)

(Note: we cannot wait for the octavia) (Buying a car this week only)

Both are about 4 lacs above ecosport but I think these 4 lacs should be worth.

I know I have troubled u guys enough, this is finally the decider. What ever is concluded here will be final. :)

So in my head:

CRUZE : + : good engine, good features(almost loaded)

- : Not solidly built, just 2 airbags, suspension setup not as good as jetta

JETTA: +: build quality, engine, performance, relatively new

- : Plain interior (no wood, no MF steering)

ECOSPORT + : New, very NEW, decently loaded, SUV eh, price

-: segment lower (THATS IT), ENGINE POWER

SO please help me decide this final battle.

My brother dosent mind spending 4 lacs more for these cars if they are worth it (i.e value for money, i.e if he get 5 lacs more of a car spending those 4 lacs) :P :P

Thanks guys.

See BMWfantaic, the cars you comparing are very very different.

Talking of the Chevy Cruze, buying the LT model is not a good idea b'coz you will be getting more features with equally good engine in the Jetta. The only plus point that the Cruze holds is the 3 years service bonanza that Chevy gives to it's customers. The car is only good for 0 to 100 timers!!! People (like your brother) looking for the car with overall good ownership experience would be happy to own this car (only b'coz of the service costs).

Jetta (Trendline) on the other hand, is a great value for money car. Every aspect of the car, whether it's the ride, handling, engine performance, built quality evrything is exceptional. The only thing that would make you worry in the long term would be the maintenance costs and also the resale value. Although, VW is a great German manufacturer but still they lag in brand ownership from Chevy. Also, the Trendline comes with some more or less features than Cruze LT. Fuel efficiency is also nearly same +/- 1 kmpl.

Ecosport doesn't match any of them. If think of buying it b'coz only of it's exclusivity than forget it!!! Within a few months the exclusivity of your car will be lost as you will be able to see many & many of them ( a waiting period of 4+ months is going on it! ) Except this the Ford owns nothing equal to the above two cars. Therefore forget it! The car is a generation behind these cars.

At last, the thing revolves on your MOOLAH ( your valuable money )!!

If service, runing & maintenance costs are no matter of worry to you then go for VW

If, you are keen of good ownership experience for long time and can live with a bit down standard plastic quality and the spiky power delivery then CHOOSE TO CRUZE!!

What is the three year chevy promise? Is it extended warranted so something like BMW BSI?

The Chevrolet warranty assures peace of mind for all Chevrolet car owners. That’s because company offers a 3 year warranty or 1,00,000 Kms (whichever is earlier) from the date of delivery.

The warranty covers all defects related to material, workmanship or manufacturing fault under normal use, except for those items listed under the section entitled "WHAT IS NOT COVERED" in Owner’s Manual.

This means that any damages or errors that occur in the first 3 years or within 1,00,000 Kms (whichever is earlier), will be fixed or changed free of cost at any Chevrolet Authorized Workshops across India. This is what Chevy promises and this is what that makes the Cruze worth buying!!!

The BMW BSI and other comapnies such as VW also offers such exotic packages but for these packages you have to pay! And pay much!!

Plus the kms that the Chevy promise are double the kms. that VW or BMW promise.

Thanks Sstar, My A class is coming by august end. Thanks for help there. Now this is for my brother. I love researching cars so decided to help him out.

As advised by u and many others, I shall pass on the Laura.. Its ecosport as of now.

But we are also thinking of the cruze. or the jetta trendline.. :P we are somehow forcing ourselves into the segment.

Thanks 'BMWfanatic'. I appreciate your words.

Please do not buy jetta, I am it is no point buy a dud when you can get far better products in the market. For Cruze, if I were in your shoes I would have chosen it straight away as it is fun to drive machine especially for self driven car's aspect.

See BMWfantaic, the cars you comparing are very very different.

Talking of the Chevy Cruze, buying the LT model is not a good idea b'coz you will be getting more features with equally good engine in the Jetta. The only plus point that the Cruze holds is the 3 years service bonanza that Chevy gives to it's customers. The car is only good for 0 to 100 timers!!! People (like your brother) looking for the car with overall good ownership experience would be happy to own this car (only b'coz of the service costs).

Jetta (Trendline) on the other hand, is a great value for money car. Every aspect of the car, whether it's the ride, handling, engine performance, built quality evrything is exceptional. The only thing that would make you worry in the long term would be the maintenance costs and also the resale value. Although, VW is a great German manufacturer but still they lag in brand ownership from Chevy. Also, the Trendline comes with some more or less features than Cruze LT. Fuel efficiency is also nearly same +/- 1 kmpl.

Ecosport doesn't match any of them. If think of buying it b'coz only of it's exclusivity than forget it!!! Within a few months the exclusivity of your car will be lost as you will be able to see many & many of them ( a waiting period of 4+ months is going on it! ) Except this the Ford owns nothing equal to the above two cars. Therefore forget it! The car is a generation behind these cars.

At last, the thing revolves on your MOOLAH ( your valuable money )!!

If service, runing & maintenance costs are no matter of worry to you then go for VW

If, you are keen of good ownership experience for long time and can live with a bit down standard plastic quality and the spiky power delivery then CHOOSE TO CRUZE!!

Thanks, More development today,

Heart almost set on the cruze, we shall either buy LT MT or all the way LTZ AT. Jetta is a good car but cruze feels special. Test drove both today, I kept stalling the cruze but not jetta. :( apart from that, cruze as a wonderful seating position. and all the features.

The SA told me that an avg. service would cost 7-8 k on cruze.. ( i did not buy it. Do you?)

Apart from that all good.

So is cruze automatic any good?

Thanks 'BMWfanatic'. I appreciate your words.

Please do not buy jetta, I am it is no point buy a dud when you can get far better products in the market. For Cruze, if I were in your shoes I would have chosen it straight away as it is fun to drive machine especially for self driven car's aspect.

Thanks Sstar,

You are right again, Cruze felt special.. had a detailed test drive today. jetta is good but not special. anyway.

Its cruze now. deciding between the manual and automatic. Is the cruze auto box good?

I think cruze is the best car in the segment at the moment. what say?

Thanks, More development today,

Heart almost set on the cruze, we shall either buy LT MT or all the way LTZ AT. Jetta is a good car but cruze feels special. Test drove both today, I kept stalling the cruze but not jetta. :( apart from that, cruze as a wonderful seating position. and all the features.

The SA told me that an avg. service would cost 7-8 k on cruze.. ( i did not buy it. Do you?)

Apart from that all good.

So is cruze automatic any good?

BMWfantaic, my brother owns a Cruze from last 2 years. He has a automatic one. The car is just simply awesome. The gearbox works well and as soon as you shift the lever to the S mode the car shows for what it is known. Also the box' is a joy to use manually too. IN city traffic the hassle of the manual box' is gone and you need not work hard to drive in town. On the highways, we generally use the S mode manually thus enjoy the driving experience.

Talking of the service costs the auto box' have the same costs and doesn't create a big hole in your pocket.

SO, JUST CHOOSE TO CRUZE. CLOSE YOUR EYES & GO FOR IT!!

also what mileage can i expect from the cruze, Jetta SA claimed 18 and Cruze SA claimed 14 KM/PL?

The milage we get on our Cruze auto' is always around 12 to 13 kmpl, which is great for a healthy 166 ps car.

Hmmm! you are living a dream at the moment visiting showroom and testdrives :rolleyes: .

Get your priorities straight before you confuse yourself more. What does your brother wants? Exclusivity/ VFM?

If you want exclusivity then the Jetta is the one because many people think its an overgrown Vento but the normal service cost is around 12k here is Mumbai. The ride quality is by far the best amongst the 3 but the Fluence has better.

The new Z series engine of the Cruze is a cracker and doesn't have that much lag as the older motor did, but the Jetta's motor is more drivable. The 6 speed automatic is average autobox nothing special and not so bad for an automatic so I recommend this if you buy Cruze.

The ES is new model and has really long waiting period, why don't you take it and if you do not like it then sell it in a month and buy the other because you will not loose money and the price of ES is bound to rise anyway. Think of it as an investment which will appreciate till there is strong demand (and if you havn't driven past 5k kms) :)