BMWfanatic

Ecosport or Laura for self driven!!

Thanks Sstar,

You are right again, Cruze felt special.. had a detailed test drive today. jetta is good but not special. anyway.

Its cruze now. deciding between the manual and automatic. Is the cruze auto box good?

I think cruze is the best car in the segment at the moment. what say?

Definitely it is CRUZE which should be your decision. As far as Auto is concerned, one of my office friend owns it for around 2 years now...she does not have any complaint at all. The FE figures are 12 to 14 within Delhi traffic.

BMWfantaic, my brother owns a Cruze from last 2 years. He has a automatic one. The car is just simply awesome. The gearbox works well and as soon as you shift the lever to the S mode the car shows for what it is known. Also the box' is a joy to use manually too. IN city traffic the hassle of the manual box' is gone and you need not work hard to drive in town. On the highways, we generally use the S mode manually thus enjoy the driving experience.

Talking of the service costs the auto box' have the same costs and doesn't create a big hole in your pocket.

SO, JUST CHOOSE TO CRUZE. CLOSE YOUR EYES & GO FOR IT!!

Here you go...another +1.

Edited by Sstar

HAHA, Thanks everyone.. I like lighter shades in cars, mostly its gonna be summit white, but we might go for silver as well. (I know I know, BORING COLORS.. :P)

Anyway, this kept aside..

If anyone remembers my mercedes A class story, How I felt for the passat when I went to see the jetta.. same happened again with me and family, we were there for the jetta and the same passat was still parked there, in all its glory. Passat is such a lovely car. It feels so luxurious, I mean mercedes E class luxurious.

My brother also liked it. anyway I am trying to convince him for this. for this very reason he has stopped talking to me, he says if he listens to me, he shall go bankrupt. :)

anyway, ITS THE CRUZE THAT IS FINAL.. the Dealer is an acquaintance so we have asked him that whatever cruze color is delivered to him in a lighter shade, we shall pick it up..

SO its CRUZE LTZ A/T

I CHOSE TO CRUZE :)

HAHA, Thanks everyone.. I like lighter shades in cars, mostly its gonna be summit white, but we might go for silver as well. (I know I know, BORING COLORS.. :P)

Anyway, this kept aside..

If anyone remembers my mercedes A class story, How I felt for the passat when I went to see the jetta.. same happened again with me and family, we were there for the jetta and the same passat was still parked there, in all its glory. Passat is such a lovely car. It feels so luxurious, I mean mercedes E class luxurious.

My brother also liked it. anyway I am trying to convince him for this. for this very reason he has stopped talking to me, he says if he listens to me, he shall go bankrupt. :)

anyway, ITS THE CRUZE THAT IS FINAL.. the Dealer is an acquaintance so we have asked him that whatever cruze color is delivered to him in a lighter shade, we shall pick it up..

SO its CRUZE LTZ A/T

I CHOSE TO CRUZE :)

GOTCHA!!!!

Congrats for your decision & enjoy years of fantabulous driving in Chevy Cruze.

Drive Safe.

Hi friends, An important update

I have successfully convinced my family for the Passat. HAHAHA

Yes, after a few negotiations with the dealer, i got a price that is few lacs above the cruze A/T

So, BOOKED THE PASSAT TRENDLINE,

and i feel its an incredible car. specs- 170 HP diesel, 6 speed MANUAL.

A joy to drive and the trendline also feels so luxurious, it misses out on a lot of gizmos but what you get a nice fuel efficient truly luxury car.

So BOOKING is done. Delivery next week. Colour OAK Brown.

I am so happy to report this.

I just have one concern that I came across is that The A/C is not very effective and dosen't cool the cabin very well. Chances of the compressor wearing out. ?? Is like the Laura A/C in 2008 that refused to cool.

During the test drive, it was cool outside so couldn't check it.

If someone can help me on this, it would be great. Thanks..

Another thing i want to share.

When i wanted to book my A class, It was pitted against the passat.. I loved the passat. But wished I could have both.

Now for my brother, again its the passat. SO wish has come true almost. I might have both cars of the confusion is sorted. Although they will be in two different houses so no option of choosing rides :P

I am not complaining. :)

You seem to be all over the place

There are many issues with the vehicle that i have come across online but none of them points to an AC failure .

My personal favorite has always been the Superb in this class.

Looking at the way you are going, its would be premature to congratulate you at this point of time . :D

Keep shopping is what i would say.

You seem to be all over the place

There are many issues with the vehicle that i have come across online but none of them points to an AC failure .

My personal favorite has always been the Superb in this class.

Looking at the way you are going, its would be premature to congratulate you at this point of time . :D

Keep shopping is what i would say.

Hehe, I know I have built that kind of reputation. This is as far as it goes.

I like passat a lot more than superb. Outright space was never our criteria. We just wanted a better car. I guess passat does that.

I dont know? You tell me.

So what are the problems you have heard of? Are they very frequent?

Thanks

Hehe, I know I have built that kind of reputation. This is as far as it goes.

I like passat a lot more than superb. Outright space was never our criteria. We just wanted a better car. I guess passat does that.

I dont know? You tell me.

So what are the problems you have heard of? Are they very frequent?

Thanks

There is nothing to worry about as i told you in reply to my inbox.

The car is fantastic and is not ruined by the comapy's sales and mangement policies as done with SKoda.

If you have booked it and liked it then don't judge your decision now. The car won't prove negative in any sense of ownership. Go for it.

The AC is not that powerful for Indian condition but better than some hatchbacks so not complaints really but you can always add Vkool premium sunfilms all round or 3M cr70.

Its good that you went for the trendline varient because who knows what will happen to those expensive fancy features in the highline/comfortline.

Thanks everyone.. This time its final. Passat it is.

Thanks for all the feed back. MUCH APPRECIATED.

Car comes home next week. Actually it is already ready for delivery.. we chose a date for next week.

Color options given to us are White, Light brown, Reflex silver, Oak Brown.. We are having a hard time choosing one. :(

any suggestions. :)

Thanks everyone.

Hey BMWfanatic, You finally followed your heart and fell for your first love. Congrats on booking the Passat.

On AC issue, I do not think the cooling effect would be a problem because I have not come across to any such complaint on ACI forum as of now. However, plz keep in mind that it is individual to individual that might also change the perception. So it may be a OK cooling for you but it may be chilling for me...so I would suggest you to take a detailed TD (i am sure you would not get any problem on this as you have already booked), check the AC cooling efficiency on your own. You might have a difference in opinion.

On choosing the OAK Brown colour, it is my favourite too...I think it adds to the luxury Aura of the car.

Edited by Sstar

Please don't buy white its way too common and the cars exclusivity with be dulled . Oak brown looks more like bronze ,I would say light brown/ silver they look well suited to Passat.

Don't forget to carry a Camera please to the delivery and click as many pics and post them here :D.

Hey BMWfanatic, You finally followed your heart and fell for your first love. Congrats on booking the Passat.

On AC issue, I do not think the cooling effect would be a problem because I have not come across to any such complaint on ACI forum as of now. However, plz keep in mind that it is individual to individual that might also change the perception. So it may be a OK cooling for you but it may be chilling for me...so I would suggest you to take a detailed TD (i am sure you would not get any problem on this as you have already booked), check the AC cooling efficiency on your own. You might have a difference in opinion.

On choosing the OAK Brown colour, it is my favourite too...I think it adds to the luxury Aura of the car.

Thanks, will test drive the car again on a warm day and see..

Please don't buy white its way too common and the cars exclusivity with be dulled . Oak brown looks more like bronze ,I would say light brown/ silver they look well suited to Passat.

Don't forget to carry a Camera please to the delivery and click as many pics and post them here :D.

Oak brown looked exotic at first but its definitely not the best as we discovered. It looks good in dark but not in sun.

For me

WHite : Looks elegant

Light brown: Royal but OLD man type

Silver: Elegant and royal but too common.. (Same tone of silver is offered in polo and vento)

Current priority: Light brown > Silver > White > Oak Brown

What colour do think will look the youngest? I mean the car will be driven by a 25 year old.

Best thing is to ask your bro on the colour, light brown make the car look corporate and at the same time sporty in the night. It might be boring at first but then it grows on you (I hated grey before but nowadays I love that colour). White will all those chrome on the bootlid/fog lamps looks elcheapo!! wannabe cadellac kind of look which I really don't like.

Anyways don't forget to take extended warrenty/ service packages which are always handy for a German Car.

You are super lucky , not only are they offering you huge discounts but are also giving you so many color options.

If you are so much concerned about the car aircon , a darker shade will definitely effect cooling further, so keep this into account as cooling takes a hit per acre of car lenght and this is no small baby.

Colors are subjective , choose the one you like.

Also, i do not agree with buying the base variant stripped of all gimmicks, its like calling a magician to your party and asking him not to perform.

Best thing is to ask your bro on the colour, light brown make the car look corporate and at the same time sporty in the night. It might be boring at first but then it grows on you (I hated grey before but nowadays I love that colour). White will all those chrome on the bootlid/fog lamps looks elcheapo!! wannabe cadellac kind of look which I really don't like.

Anyways don't forget to take extended warrenty/ service packages which are always handy for a German Car.

Hey, Will keep that in mind.. also, dealer is not offering any extended warranty.. only the basic 2 year warranty is on offer. Also about maintenance package, I will have to enquire.. I think it wont be very beneficial..

Can you give me a cost analysis on how it can benefit us. :) Cheers.

You are super lucky , not only are they offering you huge discounts but are also giving you so many color options.

If you are so much concerned about the car aircon , a darker shade will definitely effect cooling further, so keep this into account as cooling takes a hit per acre of car lenght and this is no small baby.

Colors are subjective , choose the one you like.

Also, i do not agree with buying the base variant stripped of all gimmicks, its like calling a magician to your party and asking him not to perform.

Hey, yes, we are looking for a lighter shade only. About buying the base model..

See, the mid model is not available at all, its probabaly discontinued.. So its either highline or trendline. Buy a bmw or Audi instead of a highline as highline price is high in the holy trio range. So basically we we are left with trendline.. My brother cannot invest much. Passat has amazing performance. I dont know.. I am convinced.. :)

thanks

Why isn't there extended warrenty ? Ask VW directly about it and also check the VIN number for manufacturing date and see if the battery/tyre need replacement if it is an old stock.

Why isn't there extended warrenty ? Ask VW directly about it and also check the VIN number for manufacturing date and see if the battery/tyre need replacement if it is an old stock.

it a June 2012 made car (MY2012).. Tyres look new and car started properly so no battery issues i guess. What else should I check.?

My PDI is due tomorrow.. we have finalised the silver colour.. (Reason is that it is available this week, other colour available is oak brown) (other colours will take about 20 days to come, Cant wait!!)

so what should I check for majorly in the Pdi? I want to spend good amount of time so please suggest.

Check rubber seals ,filters (air and AC), paint for scratches, electronic gizmos as there could be sensor errors due to dust, also check tyres for cracks, gets them to fill in new engine oil as car is more than a year old, check brake discs for excessive rust. Take pictures and post here for drolling!!!