ra4

Want a Luxury Sedan

Hi,

I want to buy a luxury sedan. my budget 1.2 crore.

My priorities are - Space, Comfort(Rear seat), Automatic transmission.

Looking at the Audi A7, Porche 911 carrera, BMW 730ld, Jaguar XFR, Mercedes benz S Class, VW phaeton.

Which one is best.. pls suggest.

Well first of all the Porsche 911 is not a sedan so thats out. The VW Phaeton is a good car but it has no sob value that is associated with a car of this segment. Since you have mentioned rear seat comfort I assume you are not going to do the driving most of the time. Looking at that I would say nothing beats the S Class. The new S Class will be out early next year in India do there is still some time to go. You could however go for the current one and probably get some discounts.

Seeing the 911 in this post has completely baffled me. Maybe you meant the Porsche Panamera. Anyway, it doesn't matter as space and comfort are your priorities, you don't have to look at anything other than the S-Class!

Well personally Im a big fan of Jaguars and the XFR is epic. But seeing the cars youve mentioned the XJ qualifies in the segment and not the XF. Jaguar has just introduced an XJ with a 2.0 litre Ecoboost engine in the Indian market.

Well sir, first of all sir you must know what you are looking for!

As Prancing Horse quoted Porche 911 Carrera is a soprtscar and not a limousine. Plus the Audi A7 is a soprtsback! (that means it have the characteristics of a sportscar and is not equally comfortable to the other cars in segment.

As,PH suggested above, if you are keen on the chauffer driven car then please don't look anywhere else than the Merc S class. The car phases out everything else in the league for it's supreme comfort!

Although the new Merc is on it's way but it's still a very long time away to come! The best thing is just to look for the S class.

But, if you want to look at other options too then please visit the Audi for the A8. The car is an extreme limousine. It deliver everything a luxury car owner would need. The car has powerful petrol & diesel motors under the hood. Comfort and space are just fantastic! It also tops the sales charts in it's segment.

Also you may look at the Jaguar XJ. The car simply outstands in the terms of design,comfort, space, quality, equipment & everything else! The car also have a vast variety of engines including the new 2.0 ecoboost that is just fabulous!

But, it's the Mercedes that will definitely win your heart! So, just buy to experience the ultimate satisfaction of luxury.

So you kept your word and came back

How about an A8 L , couple of months back someone i know was deciding to get herself a beast of a rare car and this is when she was contemplating on the A8 L last i know she was deciding to get herself the 3L variant.She also was telling me then its was cheapest to buy one in Mumbai.

From your list decide between the S or the 7

Look no further than S Class or Audi A8-L. The S class is known for its rear seat comfort and A8 L with extended wheelbase will also give you ample amount of leg room and comfort too. Check out both of them.

Space and comfort equates to air suspension and you have that option on the new S class (maybe in the current one as well). the XJ is also a good car (exclusive) and if you don't drive it then get the 2.0lt ecoboost engine.

Both are in the process of being overhauled and will be available very soon .

The A8's Matrix LED technology mapped to the cars Navigation System is the new talk of the town.

Start taking test drives, this Final decision only you can take.

Test driven the S Class. Engine is refined. Space and Comfort at the rear is very pleasing. I am going for the S class. Though it is a bit old-school. But old-school is the best-school.

Test driven the S Class. Engine is refined. Space and Comfort at the rear is very pleasing. I am going for the S class. Though it is a bit old-school. But old-school is the best-school.

That's what i told you!! Once you sit in a S Class she simply owes you......

Best of Luck for your decision. Enjoy years of no nonsense motoring.