F30

Spy Shots: All new 2015 Audi Q7 begins testing !

Q7 has been one of the oldest models in the Audi line up & now finally an all new i.e. 2nd Generation has been spotted testing;

post-8809-0-07249000-1376328717.jpgpost-8809-0-14975800-1376328712.jpg

The test mules headlights have the same wave patter seen on the pre-facelift Audi A4 sedan. But seems more like a camouflaging technique. But Audi is expected to offer the latest Matrix LED system which we'll see on the A8 in a few days.

Audi is suppose to use aluminum and carbon reinforced plastic to reduce as much as 350 kilograms off the current model's hefty body.

Expected to be revealed late in 2014

Speculative Render;

post-8809-0-57415700-1376328709.jpg

Source

OK, now the new car seems to be more imposing on road than the outgoing model.

Talking of the exteriors the car carries away a bit of same stance as of the old car, the new matrix LED headlamps are giving the car a bit sporty and sturdy look and making it distinctive on road. At rear the broad new tail lamps are looking great too (although not clearly visible in picture) but resemble kind of the Audi's sedan composure mixed with the old Q7's styling. The best part is the wide rear bumper ( although the old car too had that) but now it's more prominently visible and gives the SUV a bold look.

Talking of the use of carbon fibre ( would increase costs though) will make the performance unbeatable because of reduction of that heavy weight. Chassis will be more tougher now making it a better place for driver. Hope Audi places it right on the price list.

Nice catch , oldest model though given few touch ups periodiacally.

They have always been there but Just too many prominent horizontal lines in the front , looks to be Audis new design language,New A8 L also sports similar prominent horizontal lines at the front.

Cannot comment on what i cannot see aka the rear.

Bentley inspired ? But can this all new Q7 go places where a GL can go ?

I think Q7 was never a hardcore SUV and nor this would be one. The Q7 was always made for most urban use with high on techies and can do mild off roading too. Looks like Audi will stick to the base plan now too!!

Looks shorter in length than the current car. The Q7 if seen as a single car looks quite imposing. I recently had a chance to see it parked with a LR Discovery and a Toyota LC, and the Q7 looked like a longish-hatchback :P